Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Looking to make a property transaction in Witham? Our expert conveyancing solicitors can provide clear and sensible advice that will ensure the process is as smooth and stress-free as possible. Our solicitors have helped many clients with completion and always aim to provide efficient and accurate advice and assistance.
We recognise the excitement surrounding buying and selling, but there can also be complicated matters that you could be met with. That’s why practical guidance from a conveyancing solicitor is a must. Without the right advice, unnecessary problems can occur.
To ensure legal advice is available to everyone, we offer an online conveyancing service where you will be provided with clear, realistic advice that you can fully trust. Our team always aim to be upfront and will explain everything in plain English, so you are fully aware.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Witham can help you
Our team of conveyancing lawyers are experts in all matters surrounding property transactions and can assist with the following:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first-time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
At Bird & Co, we work not only alongside well-known lenders but also with local building societies, meaning that our services are available to all, no matter who you borrow from.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Witham?
Unlike other firms, at Bird & Co, we offer an online conveyancing service which means that we can assist clients across the world, alongside the traditional conveyancing route for our local clients.
We understand how important communication is. Our solicitors will provide close personal support each step of the way. Therefore, we will assign you with an individual solicitor, so you have full access to advice and assistance at any point throughout the process.
Our conveyancing team at Bird & Co are acknowledged experts and are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, reassuring our clients that we will always:
- Provide high-quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top-quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Alongside our Law Society accreditation, we are Lexcel accredited, recognising our high-quality practice management and customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Witham?
- Unlike other local conveyancing firms in Witham, our conveyancing solicitors are highly knowledgeable of the national property market, in addition to the local Witham market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We believe the privacy of our clients and their cases is paramount. We succeed in doing this by having strict processes, such as up to date security protection and encrypting all our emails.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Traditional conveyancing can be time consuming. We process all our conveyancing digitally, meaning each step can be done quicker.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. The traditional conveyancing route requires additional fees, and these can be skipped when done digitally.
- Our conveyancing services are available to anyone, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We do this by using video conference software, such as zoom. This means we’re accessible to those who can’t reach us in person.
- We are fully insured, even for our online conveyancing services. Our legal obligations will always be the same, no matter the type of route you take.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Witham?
We believe our clients should be aware of the costs from the starting point, which is why we offer fixed fees for many of our conveyancing services. It is possible that additional fees may be required, but we will keep you fully informed and let you know well in advance if this is the case.
Some additional fees, otherwise known as disbursements, could include conveyancing searches or property registration with HMLR.
Most transactions will require tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. If this applies to your situation, your solicitor will talk you through this, help calculate how much is owed and assist with filing the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Witham?
When our solicitors start the conveyancing process, there will be three main stages, and these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
To start the conveyancing process, an offer on the property must be accepted. When this occurs, the buyer and seller of the property agree to enter a contract. However, it is not legally binding until the contract is signed and exchanged. Therefore, either party can change their mind and pull out.
To ensure there are no issues with the property, the conveyancer and buyer will complete various property checks. Common examples of these include:
- Reviewing the information regarding the property
- Making further enquiries if needed
- Carrying out conveyancing property searches
- Doing an independent survey
During which, the buyer can apply for their mortgage if they wish to do so.
When all checks are completed, and the buyer is willing to advance with the purchase, this is where the contracts will be signed and exchanged. From this point forward, the transaction is legally binding, and there will be repercussions if either party retracts.
When the transaction is completed and made official, HM Land Registry will require the transfer deed to be filed with them. Once this is done, the seller is required to move out, and the buyer can move into the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Witham?
The standard time frame for completion is between 12 and 14 weeks. However, this is most usually for properties without any complications. Those facing complexities could completely vary in time frame.
If there are presumed to be any delays with the completion, your conveyancing solicitor will keep you updated and discuss your potential options going forward.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Witham?
Before committing to purchase a property, it is important that a number of searches on the property are first conducted. The three main searches your conveyancing lawyer will do include:
- Local authority checks
- Environmental searches
- Water and drainage searches
In some circumstances, further checks will be required. If this is the case, your solicitor will make you aware of this.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Witham?
We will be happy to answer any queries you might have in regard to the process, and once you are ready and happy to proceed, we will contact you directly to start the conveyancing service.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Witham
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta