Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Situated on the edge of South East London, Erith is known for being a popular yet affordable riverside location for those who wish to live close to the conveniences of the city centre.
Bird & Co’s team of specialist conveyancing solicitors have plenty of experience handling property transactions in Erith. Whether you are buying, selling, or remortgaging a property in the area, our friendly conveyancers are happy to help guide you through the entire process.
Property investment is an exciting experience for many, so while you look forward to the end result, we’ll take the time to manage the legal components of your transaction. We’ll uncover and mitigate as many risks as possible and keep you up to date with each stage in the process.
Convenience and reliability both lie at the heart of our business values. We want to make it as simple as possible for you and will handle your case with the utmost care and respect. We are very flexible in how we work with our clients - you can choose to meet us in our offices, or work with us remotely, thanks to our handy online conveyancing service.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Erith can help you
Our friendly and professional conveyancing solicitors in Erith are happy to assist clients with a varied range of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have a thorough understanding of how various lenders prefer to process property transactions, and we can utilise this knowledge when working with you, depending on which lender you choose to opt for.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Erith?
We offer a unique service that many other conveyancing firms in Erith are yet to provide. Online conveyancing allows you to work with your conveyance from the comfort of your home. This is particularly useful for those who find it difficult to make it to the office during work hours, as well as those who live further afield and are yet to move to the area.
We understand that conveyancing can be a complex process to get to grips with, especially when you’re new to it. That’s why we ensure each of our residential property solicitors works with you in a way that is straightforward and stress-free.
Each of our clients receives their very own point of contact when working with Bird & Co. We will introduce you to your case manager and provide you with their contact details, so if there’s anything you need to know along the way, you’ll know who to reach out to.
We have an excellent rating on Trustpilot, thanks to recommendations from our lovely clients and the dedication of our fantastic team. We are also the proud owners of Lexcel and
Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditations, which demonstrates our ability to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Erith?
Above all else, our residential property solicitors in Erith are professional and take plenty of pride in the level of service they provide. That being said, there are a number of specific reasons as to why clients choose our online conveyancing service over our more traditional methods:
- Our Erith conveyancers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Erith market. This only strengthens the level of service we can provide.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We treat your privacy and your personal data with the utmost respect and sensitivity. Through the use of encrypted emails, secure devices and quality malware software, we’ll make sure your documents remain confidential.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. When we carry out your conveyancing online, we bypass the need to send things in the post, as well as the waiting time between appointments in the office, all of which can cut down the length of time it takes to complete your transaction.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Without the need to send things in the post and by cutting back on various other resources required to complete your transaction, we’re able to provide the same quality level of service to you for less.
- We regularly manage property transactions for clients across the length and breadth of the UK, even for clients living internationally. Through video conferencing, we’re able to keep these faraway clients up to date with their transactions.
- We are fully insured to take care of your conveyancing remotely, just as we would be if we were to meet you in person.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Erith?
The fees that we set for each of our conveyancing services are flexible, simply because no two transactions are the same. A remortgaging may not require as much resource as a property purchase involved in a lengthy chain, for example. For this reason alone, we typically offer bespoke quotes to each potential client that enquires about our services.
Please note that, alongside our service fees, you may be required to pay for other conveyancing costs known as disbursements. These costs can involve the likes of property and local area searches, as well as the costs involved with property registration. We will let you know what costs you will be required to pay for when we provide you with our quote.
You may also be required to pay tax, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. As your conveyancers, we will calculate the amount of tax you will owe, and we can offer to submit the tax return on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Erith?
The typical conveyancing process can be split into three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Before solicitors are instructed, the buyer and seller of the property will go through the stage of offer and acceptance. When a seller is satisfied with an offer made by a buyer, they will enter a verbal agreement. This is the point at which solicitors are instructed.
Together with their solicitor, the buyer of the property will be required to carry out and assess a number of checks on the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If the buyer is satisfied with the findings from these initial checks, the transaction can move forward into the signing and exchange of contracts. This is where both parties legally agree to the sale and purchase of the property in question, and individual parties will incur a financial penalty if they choose to pull out of the agreement after this point.
Both parties can look forward to the end of the conveyancing process when the transaction reaches completion. This is the point at which solicitors will submit a transfer deed to HM Land Registry, and the seller will hand their keys over to the new owner.
How long does conveyancing take in Erith?
The time it takes to complete your property transaction with Bird & Co Solicitors depends entirely on the individual components involved. Certain types of conveyancing will naturally take longer than others, and the same goes for, say, two property purchases, too. If one purchase is delayed due to the seller waiting on their next house to be ready to move into, this could impact the time it takes to complete the transaction, compared to one involving no chain, for example.
Over the years, we’ve dealt with countless property transactions, each with its own individual components. With this extensive history of experience, we can estimate that the average property transaction takes around 13 weeks from the point at which solicitors are instructed.
If we expect delays to occur with your own transaction, we will make sure to let you know as soon as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Erith?
The vast majority of property purchases required certain checks to be carried out as part of the conveyancing process. These searches typically include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional checks may be required. We will let you know if this happens to be the case with your transaction.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Erith?
We will be happy to walk you through the services we provide and answer any questions you have to help you make an informed decision. If you decide to work with us, we will introduce you to your case manager and get the process underway.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Erith
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta