Conveyancing Solicitors in Bristol
If you are carrying out any sort of property transaction in Bristol, our expert conveyancing solicitors can work alongside you to provide carefully tailored advice that meets your individual needs.
Buying, selling or remortgaging your home is exciting but, without the right advice, can come with plenty of potential risks. Our conveyancing team have a broad range of expertise and will be able to guide you through your case from start to finish.
At Bird & Co, we offer a convenient and reliable conveyancing service that’s easily accessible to everyone. No matter what your circumstances are, our team will be able to guide you through the conveyancing process and answer any potential queries you might have.
We offer a fast and efficient online conveyancing service which allows us to reach a wide pool of clients across Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset, including Filton, Clifton, Portishead and Kingswood.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Bristol can help you
Our team of conveyancing solicitors in Bristol have expertise in all manner of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most major lenders. This means that we will be able to support you whether you are using a national firm or local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Bristol?
Unlike many other firms, we specialise in online conveyancing. This means that we are in the unique position of being able to offer our services remotely, without the need for you to visit our offices to meet us in person.
We provide a modern, friendly conveyancing service that makes the entire process as straightforward as possible.
When you work with us, you will always have direct contact with our team, as well as the individual solicitor who is working on your case. If you have any questions, you will always be able to reach us and vice versa.
We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Bird & Co is Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This demonstrates our high levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Bristol?
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Bristol market, giving us an edge over other firms which only deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communications in mind. We protect our clients whenever we carry out any online transactions by following a number of strict procedures. These include encrypting emails and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. As the conveyancing process can be carried out remotely, there is no need to wait for documents to be hand signed and delivered.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Traditional conveyancing work can incur additional costs. These can be avoided when you work with our online conveyancers.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We also frequently use video conferencing to talk to our clients, no matter where they are.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the overall conveyancing process and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Bristol?
We provide a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work in Bristol. For straightforward cases, we may be able to provide fixed fees, giving you a clear idea how much your conveyancing work will cost. If additional fees are required to complete your transaction, your conveyancer will clearly explain the reasons for this.
Any other costs that are associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Disbursements could include registering the property transaction with HM Land Registry or conveyancing searches.
Your property transaction may also be affected by tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. If this is the case, your conveyancer will help you to calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Bristol?
There are three main stages to the conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a home, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract. However, at this stage, nothing is legally binding and either party can opt to pull out of the transaction for a number of reasons.
The buyer will carry out various checks on the property, with the assistance of their conveyancer. The checks could include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer may also apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Once the property checks have been completed and the buyer is happy to move forward with the transaction, contracts are exchanged. The transaction will now be legally binding and neither party can pull out without facing a penalty.
Completion is where the transaction becomes official. At this stage a transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will need to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Bristol?
Every conveyancing transaction comes with its own set of challenges, which means the time it takes to reach completion can vary. However, under normal circumstances, you can expect a conveyancing transaction to take 12-14 weeks to be completed – from the date the offer is accepted, and conveyancing solicitors are instructed.
The ever-changing nature of conveyancing work means that delays can sometimes happen. If this is the case for your transaction, your solicitor will keep you informed and advise you on what your options are.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Bristol?
If you are buying a home, your conveyancer will carry out a number of checks to make sure there are no immediate issues with the property that need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Further checks might be needed, depending on the type of property in question and where it is situated. If this is the case, your conveyancer will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Bristol?
Our Bristol conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Bristol, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.