Conveyancing Solicitors in Waltham Cross
Need some help with a property transaction in Waltham Cross? Our conveyancing solicitors at Bird & Co can provide the practical guidance you need for a smooth transaction. We are experts in the field, with years of combined experience helping clients with all manner of scenarios.
Property transactions can be a daunting prospect, with complexities often occurring. We will provide close personal support, from walking you through the step-by-step process to handling all legal matters involved in conveyancing.
We believe legal advice and assistance should be accessible for everyone. That’s why we have specialist online conveyancing solicitors that can provide a quality service no matter where you are located in the world.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Waltham Cross can help you
Our friendly and efficient conveyancing solicitors in Waltham Cross can help you with a range of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Further to the services we offer, we will be able to accommodate you no matter who your lender is, as we work alongside a variety of lenders, from national firms to local building societies.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Waltham Cross?
We are extremely proud of our firm and the unique services that we can provide our clients with, being able to help clients both in our offices and remotely using video conferencing software.
We are specialists in conveyancing, each bringing different skillsets to the team to provide the best service possible for our clients.
At Bird & Co, communication is important to us. No matter what happens with your case, we will keep you fully informed so you know exactly what is happening and the exact time frame for the completion of your transaction.
Our services are recommended by many of our lovely clients on Trustpilot. We are also accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which demonstrates our dedication to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
The Law Society has also awarded us with a Lexcel accreditation for our customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Waltham Cross?
Traditional conveyancing can seem like the easier option sometimes, but there are many benefits to online conveyancing that the traditional route does not offer.
- Many local firms only have knowledge of the Waltham Cross and surrounding area, but at Bird & Co, we also have in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We recognise the importance of having up to date security procedures in place to protect our clients. We, therefore, have encrypted emails and security software in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently as there are fewer processes compared with the traditional route.
- Traditional conveyancing can be more expensive because of additional procedures that are needed for completion. Whereas online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective because of the fewer steps involved.
- Our services are not limited to only local and national clients, but also to clients who are on the other side of the world. No matter the route you choose, our legal obligations will not change, and we are fully insured for your protection and guarantee of our commitment to you.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Waltham Cross?
We have a variety of fees available for our clients, but the fees we choose for the conveyancing transaction will completely depend on the type of transaction and the complexity of it. If the process is a straightforward one, we can generally agree on fixed fees which provides our clients with certainty over costs.
Some transactions will require further costs, known in the conveyancing process as disbursements. These fees most usually are applied for additional conveyancing fees and/or registration of property at HM Land Registry. Where this does apply in your particular case, we will contact you promptly.
How does the conveyancing process work in Waltham Cross?
The three main phases with the conveyancing process are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contract
When the buyer submits an offer, and the seller accepts, they are entering into a verbal transaction agreement. At this point in the process, it is not legally binding because the contract has not been signed and exchanged. Therefore, if either the seller or buyer does not want to continue with the transaction, they can opt to pull out for numerous reasons.
The next phase of the process is for the buyer and their conveyancing solicitor to begin checks and searches on the property and the area surrounding it. Some of these include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer can also start their mortgage application with lenders should they wish to.
Once all the searches and checks are done, and both parties are satisfied to move further with the transaction, they can sign and exchange the legally binding contracts. Neither can opt out without repercussions at this stage.
Once the transaction is made official, it is known as completion. This means the property transfer deed can be submitted to HM Land Registry, the seller is required to move out, and the buyer can move into the property as they now officially own it.
How long does conveyancing take in Waltham Cross?
Conveyancing can completely vary in time frame, especially depending on the circumstances of the property and the chain. From working in this industry a considerable amount of time, we have the belief that the average time it takes from offer to reach completion is between 12 and 14 weeks.
Unfortunately, delays do happen, and if this applies to your process, your conveyancing solicitor will keep you informed and advise you of the next steps.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Waltham Cross?
To ensure there are no immediate issues with the property that need to be addressed, checks and searches are done.
There are three main checks, and these are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution and other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Sometimes the property will require additional checks. If this applies to the property in question, your conveyancing solicitor will inform you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Waltham Cross?
Once you choose Bird & Co as your conveyancing solicitors, we will be in direct contact to explain the process fully to you so you are aware of the steps involved. Once we officially start the process, we will keep you informed each step of the way and answer any queries you may have regarding it.