Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Conveyancing Solicitors in Wareham
If you would like to sell, buy or remortgage a home in Wareham, our specialist conveyancing lawyers in the area can assist. We can apply our years of knowledge and experience to your transaction, to deliver a conveyancing process that’s fast, simple and reliable.
Our service is completely accessible to all, no matter where you are in the country. Thanks to our online conveyancing service, we can work remotely with clients from far and wide, even internationally. Of course, our physical office space is still open for clients who wish to drop in and meet us face to face.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Wareham can help you
At Bird & Co, we specialise in property transactions and conveyancing, so we can assist with a large variety of matters relating to property, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We know and are known by most of the major lenders in the UK, which means we can provide a truly unique and tailored service to you, based on which lender you choose to work with.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Wareham?
We offer both traditional conveyancing services and online conveyancing services, too. We are able to work with clients in the local Wareham area as well as those further afield who may be looking to move to Wareham, or sell their investment property in the area. We can work with you on a remote basis or through meetings at our offices - whatever works best for you.
We keep conveyancing simple. We explain the process in plenty of detail and in a way that you will understand (we’ll keep as much jargon as possible out of conversations!). If you ever have a question or concern, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Each of our clients is assigned a specific case manager who will be your main point of contact and the go-to person for any questions or queries. Your case manager will provide support throughout your transaction, from dealing with any and all practical elements to offering expert advice.
We are proud to hold a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which demonstrates that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also extremely proud of the many excellent Trustpilot ratings we have received from our past clients and we strive to uphold this reputation and high level of service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Wareham?
Here are just a number of reasons why many of our past clients have chosen to opt for our online conveyancing service:
- Our Wareham conveyancers have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Wareham market. This enables us to utilise a greater breadth of knowledge and experience that perhaps some other local firms cannot.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. The safety of your personal information and documentation lies at the forefront of our processes.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Without having to post documents to you or wait for a meeting space to be available for your appointment, we can proceed with each step in your transaction as quickly as possible.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer resources required to carry out our conveyancing online, we can reduce the fees associated with our services to you.
- Not only do we deal with property transactions in Wareham, we also work on transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We invest in high-quality video conferencing software to keep in touch with our online conveyancing clients.
- We are fully insured to carry out our conveyancing services both online and in-person.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Wareham?
The services offered by our residential property solicitors in Wareham are covered by a variety of flexible fees. We assess each transaction as enquiries come in and we will offer a quote that’s specific to you, based on the amount of work we believe will need to be carried out.
Straightforward transactions typically incur a fixed fee, whereas more complex and lengthy transactions could cost more. We will be upfront and honest with you about the fees you can expect to incur when working with Bird & Co.
Alongside our fees, you will also be required to pay disbursements (such as the cost of conveyancing searches and registering a property with HM Land Registry). You may also be required to pay tax as part of your transaction, which will be able to confirm and calculate as your chosen conveyancer.
How does the conveyancing process work in Wareham?
The three overarching stages of the conveyancing process are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer finds a property they would like to purchase, they will make an offer to the seller. There may be some negotiations involved during this stage but eventually, one lucky buyer will have an offer accepted by the seller. At this point, the two parties involved will instruct a conveyancer of their choosing.
Once solicitors are instructed, the buyer and their conveyancing team will work on a number of checks:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once checks have been carried out and assessed, and once both parties are happy to proceed, contracts are then reviewed, signed and exchanged. This is the point at which the agreement becomes legally binding.
Some time after the exchange of contracts comes the completion of the process. At this stage, a transfer deed is sent to HM Land Registry, the seller vacates the property and the keys are handed over to the new owner.
How long does conveyancing take in Wareham?
No two conveyancing transactions are the same and each will come across its own set of challenges. The most standard of cases will typically take around 12-14 weeks from the instruction of solicitors through to completion.
While we endeavour to process transactions as quickly as possible (without sacrificing quality), there are some external factors outside of our control that may create delays in the process. If this ever happens to be the case with your transaction, we will let you know in advance and keep you informed throughout.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Wareham?
When buying a property in Wareham, as your conveyancers, we will carry out some research and checks to look for any potential issues and risks that need to be assessed.
The three most important conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Where additional checks are required, we will let you know prior to them being carried out.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Wareham?
Our residential property solicitors in Wareham will explain the process before setting up a file for your transaction and making a start on the initial checks. If you have any questions at this stage or along the way, please do not hesitate to reach out to your case manager who will be more than happy to help.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Wareham
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta