Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are carrying out a property transaction in or around Manchester, our expert conveyancing solicitors will be on hand to make sure that everything goes ahead as smoothly as possible.
If you are buying, selling or remortgaging a home, you will no doubt be aware of some of the risks associated with carrying out such a significant property transactions. That is where our expert property solicitors will be able to lend their expertise, guiding you through the entire process to help you avoid those potential pitfalls.
At Bird & Co, we provide a convenient, reliable conveyancing service that is designed to make the entire process as straightforward as possible.
We offer a quick and efficient online conveyancing service, which means we are able to reach a wide number of clients in and around Manchester, including Stretford, Salford and Disbury.
To get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Manchester, give us a call and a member of our team will be in touch with you very shortly, or get an online conveyancing quote.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Manchester can help you
Our team of conveyancing solicitors have expertise in a wide range of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most major lenders. This means that we will be able to support you whether you are using a national firm or local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Manchester?
We provide an online conveyancing service, which means that we will be able to guide you through the conveyancing process remotely. There will be no need for you to visit us at our physical offices – everything can be taken care of without you having to leave the comfort of your home.
The service we provide is designed to make the conveyancing process as straightforward as possible.
When you work with us, you will always have direct correspondence with our conveyancing team, as well as a direct email address for the solicitor who is handling your case.
We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This demonstrates our commitment to delivering the highest standards of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Manchester?
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Manchester market. Other firms may only be able to deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communications in mind. We have a number of procedures which ensures all of the legal documentation involved in online conveyancing transactions is kept secure. These include encrypting emails, securing our devices and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. As we can carry out the conveyancing process remotely, there are fewer potential delays to worry about.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Traditional conveyancing work incurs various additional costs. These can be avoided with online conveyancing.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We often keep in touch with our clients outside the UK using video conferencing.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the overall conveyancing process and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Manchester?
We provide a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work. This includes fixed fees for straightforward conveyancing work, where you will have a clear idea how much you will need to pay from the outset. If additional costs are required to complete your transaction, these will be clearly explained to you by your conveyancing solicitor.
Additional costs that are associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Examples of disbursements include registering transactions at HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches.
If your transaction is going to be affected by tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax, your conveyancing solicitor will be able to help you calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Manchester?
There are three main stages to the conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a home, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract. As contracts have not yet been exchanged, the transaction is not yet legally binding.
At this stage, the buyer will work with their conveyancing solicitor to carry out a number of conveyancing searches. The searches and checks they carry out could include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Once the searches have been completed and both parties are happy to progress, contracts will be signed and exchanged. This is a pivotal moment, as the transaction will now be legally binding.
Completion is where the transaction becomes official. At this stage, a transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will need to leave the property, ready for the buyer to move in.
How long does conveyancing take in Manchester?
Under normal circumstances, a conveyancing transaction will take around 12-14 weeks to reach from the date an offer is accepted and conveyancing solicitors are instructed.
However, there are a number of different factors which can have an effect on the time it takes to complete a transaction. If there are likely to be significant delays to the process, your conveyancing solicitor will keep you informed.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Manchester?
If you are buying a home, your conveyancing will carry out various checks to make sure that there are no issues with the property. These are called conveyancing searches:
There are three main types of conveyancing searches:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If further checks are required, your conveyancing solicitor will let you know. This will usually depend on the type of property in question and where it is situated.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Manchester?
Our Manchester conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Manchester, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Manchester
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta