Whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Coventry, our expert conveyancing solicitors will be on hand to lend their expertise.
Property transactions tend to signal an important step in someone’s life and, as such, it’s vital that all the right steps are taken to make sure that it is a success. This includes instructing conveyancing solicitors who will carefully guide you through the entire process.
At Bird & Co, we offer a convenient and reliable conveyancing service for both individuals and families. Our team can provide tailored support that is specifically designed to help you complete your transaction with minimal fuss.
We offer a fast and efficient online conveyancing service which means that we can support a wide pool of clients in and around Coventry and the wider Warwickshire area, including Earlsdon, Cheylesmore or Finham.
To get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Coventry, give us a call and a member of our team will be in touch with you very shortly, or get an online conveyancing quote.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Coventry can help you
Our conveyancing solicitors in Coventry have expertise in a range of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most major lenders, which means we will be able to support you whether you are working with a national firm or a local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Coventry?
At Bird & Co, we offer a dedicated online conveyancing service, which means we are able to offer all of our services remotely. You won’t need to visit us in person, unless you feel as though you need to, in which case you will be more than welcome.
We provide a straightforward, friendly conveyancing service that makes the entire process simple and easy to follow.
When you choose to work with us, you will have the benefit of having direct correspondence with our team, including a direct email address for the solicitor handling your transaction.
We hold an accreditation for the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is awarded to firms which demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Coventry?
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Coventry market. Many other firms only deal with local transactions, limiting the support they can provide.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communications in mind. We have a number of strict procedures in place that are designed to protect our clients during online conveyancing work, including encrypting emails and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. The conveyancing process can be carried out remotely, which means there are far fewer delays to worry about.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. There are additional costs associated with traditional conveyancing work, which can be avoided when you work with our online conveyancers.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We also frequently use video conferencing to talk to our clients, no matter where they are.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the overall conveyancing process and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Coventry?
We are able to offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work, including fixed fees for straightforward transactions. In other instances, additional fees may be required to reach completion. If this is the case, your conveyancer will talk you through your options.
Additional costs related to the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Examples of disbursements include conveyancing searches and registering the transaction with HM Land Registry.
Your conveyancing solicitor will also be able to help you if your transaction is likely to be affected by tax, including Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancer will help you to calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Coventry?
There are three main stages to the conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a home, the buyer and seller agree to enter to enter into a contract. As nothing has been signed, the transaction is not legally binding and either party can choose to pull out.
The buyer will then carry out a number of checks alongside their conveyancing solicitor, known as conveyancing searches. Examples might include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage (if needed).
Once the property searches have been carried out and the buyer is content, contracts will then be exchanged. The transaction will now be legally binding and neither party can pull out without receiving a financial penalty.
Completion is where the transaction becomes official. At this stage, a transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will be required to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Coventry?
If everything goes ahead without any complications, you can expect a straightforward conveyancing transaction to take 12-14 weeks to reach completion, from the date the offer is accepted and conveyancing solicitors are instructed.
The ever-changing nature of conveyancing work means that delays are occasionally unavoidable. If your transaction is likely to experience delays, your solicitor will keep you informed.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Coventry?
If you are buying a home, your conveyancer will carry out a number of checks to make sure that there are no issues that need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Further checks might be needed, depending on the type of property and where it is situated. If this is the case, your conveyancer will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Coventry?
Our Coventry conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your transaction and, once your file is opened, your individual conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Coventry, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.