Conveyancing Solicitors in Walton-on-Thames
If you are looking to buy, sell or remortgage a property in Walton-on-Thames then it is absolutely vital that you work alongside a team of expert conveyancing solicitors who can guide you through your transaction from start to finish.
No matter what sort of transition you are aiming to carry out, our experienced conveyancers can give you all the support and guidance you need to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch. Property transactions are rarely straightforward, but our conveyancing solicitors are on hand to help you navigate all the potential risks and pitfalls associated with the process.
At Bird & Co, we provide a reliable and convenient conveyancing service which takes you through your individual transaction from start to finish. We aim to make the entire process as direct and easy to follow as possible, which helps to alleviate some of the stress that often comes with moving homes.
We also provide a quick and efficient online conveyancing service, which helps to make an already simple process even more straightforward. By offering an online conveyancing service, we can reach a wide pool of clients across Walton-on-Thames and the Elmbridge borough of Surrey, including Oatlands, Rydens and Hersham.
Get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Walton-on-Thames by giving us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Walton-on-Thames can help you
Our expert conveyancing solicitors in Walton-on-Thames have a wide range of expertise, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our team are on the panel for most lenders. This means that we are perfectly placed to support your transaction, no matter who you are working with – be it a national firm or a local building society near Walton-on-Thames.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Walton-on-Thames?
At Bird & Co, we specialise in online conveyancing. This means that we can support your conveyancing transaction wherever you might be and there will be no reason to visit our physical offices.
The conveyancing service we provide is modern and efficient, helping us to make the general conveyancing process as straightforward as possible. When you work with our team, you will always be kept in the loop about the progress of your case, so you never feel as though you are being kept in the dark.
If you ever have a question or query, you will always receive a prompt response. That is because you will have a direct line of correspondence with our team, as well as a direct email address for the solicitor who is handling your case.
We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This provides assurance that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is only awarded to firms which are able to frequently demonstrate the highest standards of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Walton-on-Thames?
There are a number of benefits to instructing one of our online conveyancers in Walton-on-Thames:
- Our property lawyers in Hounslow have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Walton-on-Thames market. Many other firms only deal with local transactions, limiting their scope of expertise.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We ensure all of our clients are well protected when they use our online conveyancing service by using secure procedures such as encrypting emails and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. The entire conveyancing process can be carried out remotely, which means that there are far fewer potential delays to worry about.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. The costs that often come with traditional conveyancing work can mostly be avoided when work is completed remotely.
- We have previously dealt with transactions around the country, even for clients on the other side of the world. We frequently use video conferencing to speak to clients, no matter where they are.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the general conveyancing process, and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Walton-on-Thames?
Our conveyancing solicitors in Walton-on-Thames are able to provide a range of flexible fees, including fixed fees for straightforward work. It is important to note that additional fees are sometimes necessary to complete your transaction, but your solicitor will always be sure to explain to you in detail if applicable.
The additional costs associated with the conveyancing process are referred to as Disbursements. Examples of disbursements include registering a property at HM Land Registry or a conveyancing search.
Tax is something you will also need to carefully consider, regardless of the type of transaction you are carrying out and how much it is worth. For instance, you may be required to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancing solicitor will work with you to help clarify whether you owe any tax on your transaction, calculate exactly how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Walton-on-Thames?
There are three stages to the standard conveyancing process that you should be aware of. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a property, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract with one another. This contract is not legally binding on either party until it has been formally signed and exchanged, so the transaction can still fall through at this early stage (for example, due to ‘gazumping’).
The buyer will have the opportunity to work with their conveyancing solicitor to carry out various checks on the property. These checks may include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this point, the buyer will usually apply for a mortgage, if needed.
When the checks have been completed and both parties are still happy to proceed, then the contracts will be signed and exchanged. From this point on, the transaction is considered legally binding and if either party pulls out they are liable to face a financial penalty.
Completion is when the transaction is considered to be official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller is required to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Walton-on-Thames?
It’s almost impossible to provide an exact estimate of how long a conveyancing transaction will take because there are a number of factors which can either reduce or extend the time it takes to reach completion.
If a transaction is straightforward and experiences very few complications, then it will usually take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion, but this is a best-case scenario.
Delays such as issues further along the property chain, or a problem raised during a conveyancing search, can always happen. If a delay appears to be on the horizon, your conveyancing solicitor will be sure to run you through all the options at your disposal.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Walton-on-Thames?
If you are buying property in Walton-on-Thames, your conveyancer will carry out various searches to ensure that there are no issues which need to be immediately addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your conveyancer may need to carry out some additional checks, but this depends on the type of property in question and where it is located.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Walton-on-Thames?
Our Walton-on-Thames conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Walton-on-Thames, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.