Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Barnet, it is vital that you have the support of an expert team of conveyancers on your side to make sure your transaction is a success.
Carrying out any type of property transaction is exciting but, at the same time, can be understandably overwhelming. There are plenty of minor details and potential stumbling blocks which need to be carefully addressed, which is where our expert conveyancing solicitors can step in.
At Bird & Co, we provide an efficient and reliable conveyancing service that is designed to support you through your conveyancing transaction from start to finish. Our team help to make the process as straightforward as possible, as well as answering any potential questions you might have.
We are also able to offer a fast and convenient online conveyancing service, which helps to make the process even simpler. It also allows us to reach a wider pool of clients across the London Borough of Barnet, including Hendon, Finchley and Edgware.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Barnet can help you
Our expert conveyancing solicitors in the London Borough of Barnet have a wide range of expertise in conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are also on the panel for most major lenders. This means that we can support your transaction no matter who you are working with, whether that be a national bank, or a local building society near Barnet.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Barnet?
At Bird & Co, we specialise in online conveyancing. This means we can guide you through your case, and the general conveyancing process, remotely. There will be no need for you to visit our offices, unless you would like to.
We provide a modern and efficient conveyancing service, which has been carefully designed to make the process as straightforward and stress-free as possible. We make sure to keep you updated at all times so you know exactly how your transaction is progressing.
When you work with our solicitors, you will have a direct line of correspondence and an email address for the solicitor handling your case. This means you will always receive a prompt reply to any questions you might have.
As a firm, we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is only awarded to firms which demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and practice management, so you can be sure that you are in the right hands.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Barnet?
The benefits to instructing one of our online conveyancers are numerous:
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Barnet market. Crucially, this gives us an edge over other firms which only handle local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We make sure that our clients are fully protected when they use our online conveyancing service by completing secure procedures such as encrypting emails and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. The entire conveyancing process can be completed remotely, which means there are far fewer potential delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. There are a number of additional costs associated with traditional conveyancing. These are avoided when work is completed remotely.
- We have previously dealt with transactions around the country, even for clients on the other side of the world. We frequently stay in touch with clients who are outside of the UK using video conferencing.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the general conveyancing process and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Barnet?
We can provide a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work in Barnet. This includes fixed fees for straightforward work. There may be certain situations where additional fees are required to complete your transaction but your solicitor will be sure to inform you if this is the case at the earliest opportunity.
Other costs associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Examples of disbursements may include registering a property with HM Land Registry or a conveyancing search.
If you are completing a property transaction, you may also need to consider how it may be affected by tax, such Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancer will help to clarify what tax is owed, calculate exactly how much you owe and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Barnet?
In the majority of property transactions, there are three main stages to the conveyancing process you need to be aware of. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a property, the buyer and seller will agree to enter into a contract. At this stage, the transaction is not considered to be legally binding.
The buyer will then have the opportunity to work with their conveyancer to carry out various checks on the property. Examples of checks might include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage, if required.
When these checks have been completed and both parties are happy to proceed, the contracts will be signed and exchanged. From this point on, the transaction is considered to be legally binding and neither party is able to pull out of the transaction without receiving a financial penalty.
Completion is the point at which the transaction is considered official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller is required to vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Barnet?
There are a number of different factors which can have an effect on the time it takes to complete a conveyancing transaction. As a result, it is often difficult to provide an exact timescale for an individual case.
Typically, straightforward transactions take between 12-14 weeks to reach completion, but this can be extended if there are any unexpected delays – such as an issue found in a conveyancing search or a problem somewhere along the property chain.
If your transaction looks as though it is going to be delayed, your conveyancer will let you know as soon as possible so you can discuss your options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Barnet?
If you are buying a property in the London Borough of Barnet, your conveyancer will carry out various searches to make sure that there are no issues that need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your conveyancer may see fit to carry out additional checks, but this will depend on the type of property and where it is situated.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Barnet?
Our Barnet conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Barnet, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in the London Borough of Barnet
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta