Conveyancing Solicitors in Swanley
Are you looking to buy or sell a property in the Swanley area? Our conveyancing solicitors can be the helping hand you need for a smooth and easy process. Together our team has years of combined experience in helping clients like yourselves with their property transactions. When you work with us, we can guarantee clear, realistic advice you can trust in plain English without the concern of any confusing legal jargon.
With us, you will have certainty that all legal elements are being handled efficiently and that the process is completed as quickly as possible as we understand no one wants to wait a long time for completion.
In recent years we started our online conveyancing service as well as assisting our local clients through the traditional conveyancing route. Many of our clients find this online service practical as it does not mean they have to see us in person to receive a service.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Swanley can help you
The various types of services that our solicitors can offer you include:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We work with a variety of mortgage lenders, meaning no matter your chosen lender, we can assist you.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Swanley?
We are proud of our unique online conveyancing service. It provides us with the ability to help clients all across the world, which is something many other firms are unable to do.
When a client pursues the service through Bird & Co, we will assign them an individual solicitor who will take charge of their case. This delivers a bespoke experience and certainty that your every need will be fully met throughout the process.
Our high level of experience and valuable service is reflected through our two accreditations by the Law Society, the Conveyancing Quality Scheme Accreditation and the Lexcel Accreditation. This means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Swanley?
- Unlike other local firms, our Swanley solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market and the local Swanley property market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We will always ensure our client’s privacy is protected by using encrypted emails and software protection.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Our online service is quicker and more efficient than the traditional route, and we do this by cutting down the resources needed when processing the transaction.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Fewer resources are needed meaning the overall fees will be significantly less.
- We can help clients both nationally and even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- We are fully insured, both to carry out our services remotely and in person.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Swanley?
We aim to make our conveyancing fees suitable for all, and we do this by offering a range of flexible fees. For straightforward conveyancing, we can provide fixed fees. For any transactions that are slightly more complex, we will charge an hourly rate that will be decided upon ahead of the process, and we will make sure you are fully aware and satisfied. In some instances, it may be necessary to include additional fees, but we will make these known to you ahead of time.
Any additional costs in a conveyancing process are known as disbursements, and these can include conveyancing searches and property transaction registrations at HMLR.
Often tax will need to be considered in property transactions, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax. Where this applies, your conveyancing solicitor will assist with calculating how much is owed and help you to file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Swanley?
When it comes to buying and selling there are three main steps, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a person puts in an offer on a house, and it is accepted, this means both the buyer and seller have agreed to enter into a contract. Despite this agreement, it is not yet legally binding, and both parties can pull out until the contract is signed and exchanged.
Following the acceptance, the buyer can apply for their mortgage if they wish and then together alongside the conveyancer, they will carry out several searches and checks on the property, including:
- Reviewing of the property information
- Make further necessary enquires
- The solicitor will carry out property checks and searches
- The buyer will carry out an independent survey
Once all checks are entirely done, and the property buyer is satisfied and willing to continue with the transaction, the contract can be signed and exchanged, which means the transaction is now legally binding, and neither party can pull out without a penalty.
Following the exchange of contract, the transaction can be completed and made official. The transfer deed can then be submitted to HM Land Registry. Once submitted, the seller is required to move out, and the buyer can move into the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Swanley?
The time it takes for the property transaction to complete will entirely depend on various factors surrounding the property in question and whether there is any delay in the process. Most usually, the total time completion takes is 12 to 14 weeks from when the offer is accepted and the conveyancing begins.
Delays are sometimes inevitable when it comes to property transactions, and we recognise that it can be frustrating, but if this does occur, we will keep you up to date, so you are not left out of the loop.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Swanley?
Conveyancing involves several searches and checks to ensure the property is safe and the transaction can progress. The three main checks include:
- Local authority checks – to check the local area for problems with planning, pollution, highway pollution and any other related issues
- Environmental searches – to search for issues such as land contamination and flooding in the surrounding area
- Water and drainage searches – to search for matters surrounding access to water and drainage
You may find that additional checks are essential for your property. If this is the case, your Swanley conveyancing solicitor will make you aware.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Swanley?
We will directly contact you to find out more surrounding the property you wish to purchase or sell. In this meeting, we will take you step by step through the process and answer any queries that you may have in relation to the process.