Conveyancing Solicitors in Pitsea
Carrying out a property transaction in the Pitsea area? Our conveyancing solicitors are Bird & Co, are experts in all matters surrounding buying and selling property. We will work alongside you, providing carefully tailored advice for even the most complex of situations.
Without the correct advice, property transactions can become a complicated matter, and that’s why it is beneficial to have a lawyer who knows the ins and outs of the process. We will handle each step of the process and provide the correct support you need to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Our solicitors are acknowledged experts, having a combined level of experience from working with many clients over the years. We will be completely upfront with the process, explaining everything in a timely manner and in clear, plain English so you completely understand what is going on and when you can expect completion.
We always aim for a quick and efficient conveyancing process reaching a wide range of clients in Pitsea, Basildon, Wickford, Rayleigh and even globally.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Pitsea can help you
Our team of Pitsea conveyancing solicitors have expertise in a range of property transaction matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We work with many major lenders across the UK, which means whether you are using a local building society or national firm, we can assist you.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Pitsea?
One aspect that puts us ahead of other local firms is our expert skills in online conveyancing. We can assist clients across the UK and globally, meaning that we can still help even if you are unable to attend our offices in person.
If you wish to attend our offices in person, we will be happy to accommodate.
When we open a new conveyancing case, we will assign you with a solicitor who will take charge of your case and be your direct contact should you have any queries.
We have been recognised by the Law Society for the top-quality service that we offer our local and global clients. We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, and Lexcel accredited. These accreditations show our commitment to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Pitsea?
- Our property solicitors have experience in the Pitsea property market, as well as in-depth knowledge of the national property market. Something local firms cannot offer.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We have several strict procedures in place for the protection of our clients, such as encrypted emails and protection software.
- Online conveyancing requires fewer steps, such as documents being hand signed and delivered, meaning we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Traditional conveyancing incurs additional costs due to extra steps and resources, whereas online conveyancing does not require this; therefore, online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- We have helped clients across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world using video conferencing software.
- Whether you choose the online or traditional route, our legal obligations will not change. We are fully insured for our client’s reassurance.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Pitsea?
Due to the range of conveyancing services that we offer we provide a variety of flexible fees. For cases that are more straightforward, we can offer fixed fees, which can provide certainty over the costs. Sometimes additional fees are necessary, and if this applies to your situation you solicitor will fully explain this, so you are aware.
When additional fees apply in conveyancing, they are known as disbursements and often happen for registering the property at HM Land Registry or conveyancing searches.
Sometimes buyers will be subject to tax on top of their property transaction, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. If this is the case, your solicitor will assist in calculating what is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Pitsea?
There are three main stages when it comes to the conveyancing process:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contract
When the buyer makes an offer, and it is accepted, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract, although it is not yet legally binding, and either party can opt to retract if they want to.
The next step will be for the buyer and solicitor to conduct several property and surrounding area checks, including:
- Reviewing the information provided about the property
- Doing conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks
- Conducting an independent survey (this is done by the buyer)
The property buyer might choose to apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Once all the checks are complete, and those involved are happy to proceed, the contracts can then be signed and exchanged. This step means the transaction is legally binding. If either party wishes to pull out, they will face a penalty.
Once the transaction is official and complete, the transfer deeds need to be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the seller is required to move out, so the buyer can move into their new property.
How long does conveyancing take in Pitsea?
Each transaction will have its own time frame due to different factors. Complex cases could take considerably longer, whereas straightforward cases are likely to be the standard time frame of between 12 and 14 weeks to complete.
If a delay applies to your situation, your conveyancing solicitor will make you aware and advise you of what your available options are.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Pitsea?
Part of the conveyancing process is the searches and checks that are done on the property and the surrounding area to ensure there are no immediate problems that need to be addressed.
The three main checks and searches are:
- Local authority checks – where the surroundings will be checked for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related problems
- Environmental searches – where the surroundings will be checked for flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – where access to water and drainage will be checked
In some instances, further checks may be required depending on the property in question and the local surroundings. If this is the case, your solicitor will make you aware of this.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Pitsea?
If you would like to pursue your conveyancing with one of our solicitors, we will be happy to talk you through the entire process so you are aware of what will happen and the expected time frame for each stage. We can also answer any questions you may have regarding the process.