Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you’re thinking about buying a home or investment property, or you’re wanting to sell or remortgage your property, we have a team of residential property solicitors in Wickford who are available to assist.
While you’re busy looking forward to finalising your property transaction, our Wickford conveyancers will be hard at work, making sure the process goes smoothly for you. We’ll make sure to uncover any risks associated with your particular transaction, while ticking off all the necessary tasks and keeping you posted along the way.
It’s our aim to be up front, honest, approachable and reliable, through and through. We understand just how complex the conveyancing process can be when it’s somewhat or entirely new to you, so we’ll be happy to explain everything to you and answer any questions you have along the way.
Did you know that we offer an online conveyancing service, alongside our traditional conveyancing service? This modern approach to property transactions means we can provide a fast and remote service, to anyone who wishes to use it.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Wickford can help you
We specialist in conveyancing and have years of experience in working on various conveyancing matters, such as:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our years of experience working in conveyancing has seen us liaise with many of the major lenders, from large national firms through to local building societies. We understand their individual wants, needs and processes and can tailor your conveyancing to best suit this.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Wickford?
We are a unique firm in that we can work with our clients both in office and remotely, via our online conveyancing platform. Wherever you are in the country, we can process your property transaction in a way that best suits you.
Our team specialises in conveyancing and each team member has their own skills and experience to bring to the table. Collectively, we can offer a quality, reliable service.
You will have direct communications with your dedicated case manager, so any questions you have along the way will be answered as quickly as possible.
Our services come recommended by many of our previous clients. We have been rated excellent on Trustpilot and we have a longstanding Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which makes it clear that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
The Law Society has also awarded us with a Lexcel accreditation for our high levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Wickford?
Many people ask this question and rightly so, seeing as though it’s a relatively new concept. However, here are just a few reasons why many of our previous clients have chosen to utilise our online conveyancing services:
- Our residential property solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, including the local Wickford market. This means we can assist clients from far and wide, wherever their property may be.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. With up to date security processes, we promise to keep your personal data and legal documents safe and secure.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We can cut out some of the steps required in the traditional conveyancing process, which can make the entire process shorter.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer steps required, we’re able to offer our online conveyancing clients a reduced service fee.
- We work with clients across the country and clients who are on the other side of the world. Thanks to video conference tools, it’s easy for us to keep in touch with online clients.
- However you choose to work with us, whether that’s traditionally or online, our legal obligations remain the same and we are fully insured to utilise both methods.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Wickford?
We have a varied price list that covers the various conveyancing services that we offer in Wickford, from fixed fees for the more straightforward work to bespoke quotations for complex cases. We will provide you with a detailed quotation from the off, detailing exactly what is involved with the fees we suggest so that you have a completely honest overview from the beginning.
Alongside our service costs, like many others, you may also be required to pay additional costs called disbursements, which cover conveyancing searches and the registration of the property with HM Land Registry. It’s also likely that you’ll be required to pay some sort of tax, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax as a buyer or Capital Gains tax as a seller. This isn’t always the case, however, and your conveyancer will be able to determine this as well as calculate how much tax will be due.
How does the conveyancing process work in Wickford?
A property transaction typically moves through three stages during the conveyancing process:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Offer and acceptance usually begins when a buyer makes an offer to a seller that they agree to. At this point, the two parties enter a verbal agreement and are required to instruct solicitors to act on their behalf.
Once the buyer of the property has instructed their conveyancer, together they will be required to carry out the following checks and searches:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
These checks look for any issues with the property itself, any issues with the information given by the seller, and any issues with the contracts to be signed at a later date. It’s vital that enquiries are made at this point in the process, to make sure both parties are happy to move forward with exchange.
At the exchange of contracts, both parties will sign and agree to moving ahead with the transaction. This makes the agreement legally binding and if either party chose to pull out from this point, they would incur a financial penalty.
Completion occurs when the transfer deed is submitted, the seller vacates the property and the keys are handed over to the new owner.
How long does conveyancing take in Wickford?
In our experience, it takes around 13 weeks to complete a standard property transaction, from the date at which we are instructed as the conveyancer. Of course, every transaction is unique and in some cases, delays are unavoidable for one reason or another.
If we are working on your property transaction, we will always keep you up to date and make you aware of any delays as soon as they present themselves.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Wickford?
When buying a property in Wickford or anywhere else in the UK, there are a number of searches that your conveyancer will need to carry out as part of the standard process.
The standard conveyancing searches consist of:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Some transactions will require additional checks and if this is the case with your own transaction, we will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Wickford?
Our conveyancing solicitors in Wickford will provide you with a detailed overview of what’s involved in the process and will answer any questions you have. We will set up your file and make a start on the initial stages of your conveyancing process.
Whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging a property in Wickford, our local conveyancers would love to help you along the way.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Wickford
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta