Conveyancing Solicitors Bletchley
If you are thinking about purchasing, selling or remortgaging a property in Bletchley and the nearby area, our expert conveyancers can help. We are on hand to guide you through the entire process and to prevent as many hiccups as possible along the way.
While we handle all of the legal components of the conveyancing process, you can simply look forward to its completion. With our years of experience in the property market, we can manage the entire process for you and answer any questions you have along the way.
Our conveyancers for Bletchley aim to make your property transaction as simple and as stress free as possible. We also offer an online conveyancing service alongside our more traditional, face to face conveyancing methods. If you are moving to Bletchley from far away, or if you would simply prefer to manage things remotely, then online conveyancing could be the perfect solution for you.
How our conveyancing solicitors for people in Bletchley can help you
Our specialist conveyancing team for Bletchley are well versed in all conveyancing matters and can assist with the following transactions:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have worked with various lenders over the years, and we can apply our knowledge of their individual preferences to make your transaction run much more smoothly.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors for Bletchley?
Our specialist online conveyancing service is unique and not something offered by all residential property solicitors. This online feature allows us to work with clients across the country, without the need for face to face meetings.
We take the time to keep on top of the latest industry trends, so know that the service we provide is modern, professional and tailored to suit your individual needs. Our team of conveyancers for Bletchley are friendly, approachable, and work hard to make your time spent with us as simple and stress free as possible.
All clients of Bird & Co are assigned a dedicated case manager who is on hand to answer any questions and keep you updated with the latest goings on regarding your transaction.
We are rated excellent on Trustpilot by our lovely clients, and we also have a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. This proves that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
What’s more, we also have a Lexcel accreditation which recognises our efforts in high quality customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Bletchley?
Online conveyancing is a new and innovative way of managing a property transaction. Here are just a few reasons why some of our previous clients have chosen to work with us this way:
- Our residential property solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Bletchley market. We can use this knowledge to benefit your own property transaction.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We make sure to utilise encrypted emails, secure devices and up to date malware protection to prioritise the safety and security of your legal documents and personal information.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With online conveyancing, we can cut down the steps it takes to complete your transaction, resulting in fewer delays along the way.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer steps to carry out along the way comes a reduced cost for our online conveyancing services.
- We work with clients across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We utilise video conferencing to keep in touch with our clients, wherever they may be.
- We treat each of our clients equally, and our responsibilities remain the same whether you work with us face to face or remotely.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Bletchley?
We have a range of fixed fees for property transactions that are simple and straightforward. When a client comes to us with what appears to be a more complex transaction to process, we provide tailored, competitive quotes to each of those clients. Get in touch with a member of our team to discuss your requirements and to find out how much we will quote for managing your transaction.
Standard transactions typically incur additional costs known as disbursements. These costs are often associated with searches that need to be carried out, as well as registering a property with HM Land Registry.
Some clients will also be required to pay tax upon completion of their property transaction, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. We will be able to inform you of whether or not you will be required to pay tax and how much, before filing a return with HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Bletchley?
The three main steps to most property transactions are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Offer and acceptance consists of a buyer negotiating with a seller in order to agree on a price that they are willing to purchase the property for. At this point in the process, there are no legal ties between the two parties.
Solicitors should be instructed once an offer is accepted by the seller. The buyer’s conveyancer will assist them with carrying out essential searches on the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The property buyer should also apply for a mortgage at this stage in the process, where necessary.
If the property checks come back satisfactory and both the buyer and the seller are happy to move forward with the transaction, the solicitors will organise the signing and exchanging of contracts. This legally binds both parties to the transaction, and if either decides to pull out from this point, they will incur a financial penalty.
The final stage of the transaction is when a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry, when the keys are handed over and when the previous owner moves out of the property. At this stage, the conveyancing process is complete.
How long does conveyancing take in Bletchley?
No two transactions are the same, and each comes with its own unique set of steps, hurdles and requests. Because of this, it’s very difficult to determine exactly how long each transaction will take. However, on average, straightforward cases usually take between 12 and 14 weeks to complete.
Here at Bird & Co, we are passionate about transparency, and we will always keep you up to date with the progress of your transaction. If we expect delays to your transaction, we will let you know in advance.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Bletchley?
When buying a property in Bletchley, your residential property solicitor will be legally required to carry out various checks on the property and the local area, to identify any issues that could impact your future investment.
These searches consist of:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
There are some cases where additional checks and searches need to be carried out. If this happens to be the case with your property purchase, your solicitor will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors for Bletchley?
We will be more than happy to answer any of your questions and explain the process in detail. If you are happy to work with our conveyancers for Bletchley to process your property transaction, we will begin by assigning a case manager to manage the process for you.