Earlswood is considered a fantastic place for families looking to settle down and call a place their home. If you’re thinking about buying or selling a property in the Earlswood area, our friendly and experienced residential property solicitors can help.
While you look forward to making the most of living in Earlswood for years to come or taking that next step on the ladder, we will make sure all the necessary steps are taken to get you into your new home as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We pride ourselves on the straightforward and reliable service we offer. We cut out the jargon and keep you abreast of the situation at all times so that you’re aware of everything that’s happening at each stage in the process.
Recently, we have started to offer an online conveyancing service, which many of our past clients have chosen to utilise and have had no regrets doing so. Online conveyancing is perfect for those leading busy lives or those who don’t feel comfortable meeting us in our offices. We continue to offer our more traditional forms of conveyancing, too.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Earlswood can help you
Our specialist conveyancers in Earlswood are able to support and manage a variety of conveyancing requests, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have had the pleasure of working with various lenders over the years, so much so, we can now tailor individual conveyancing cases to best suit the individual and the lender they have opted for.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Earlswood?
Not only are our offices open for clients and potential clients to drop in, but we also offer an online conveyancing service. This means that, whatever way you wish to work with us and however you wish to navigate the conveyancing process, we can help. There’s a service that’s suitable for everyone.
We maintain a modern, friendly and professional approach to our work. What’s more, we make sure to keep things as simple as possible - we promise we won’t speak to you in jargon.
You will be introduced to a direct point of contact when you first instruct Bird & Co’s conveyancers to work on your transaction, so that you can be kept up to date with all goings on as easily as possible.
We are proud to hold the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which recognises our ability to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also hold the Lexcel accreditation, and we are rated excellent on Trustpilot for our high-quality services.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Earlswood?
The most common reasons why clients choose to utilise our online conveyancing services are:
- Our Earlswood conveyancers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Earlswood market. This allows us to give a well-rounded and knowledgeable service to each of our clients.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. By keeping our emails encrypted and our devices up to date with the latest malware protection, we’re able to offer clients peace of mind when it comes to the security of their private information.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We are able to cut down the resources required to carry out conveyancing which means less time to complete and fewer chances of delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. In most cases, we’re able to offer our online conveyancing services for less, as a result of being able to cut down on resources.
- We thrive on being able to work on property transactions near and far, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. With video conferencing, we can keep in contact with clients, no matter where they are in the world.
- We treat all clients equally and provide the same level of service and adhere to the same obligations no matter how you choose to work with us.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Earlswood?
We would be happy to provide you with our list of flexible fees, which details the cost of our individual conveyancing services in Earlswood. Of course, in some cases, we are required to provide a bespoke quote, particularly for transactions we believe to be a little more complex and require additional resources.
With our list of service fees, we will also highlight additional costs that you may be required to pay as part of your property transaction. These costs are known as disbursements and cover requirements such as conveyancing searches or property registration, for example.
If you choose to instruct us to work on your property transaction, we will also calculate how much tax you will be required to pay, and we will even file the return with HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Earlswood?
If you’re buying or selling a property, your conveyancing process will be split into three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
A seller may be approached by numerous buyers and offers before they find one they are happy to accept. At this point, the buyer and seller enter a verbal agreement with one another and should look to appoint a solicitor of their choosing.
The buyer’s chosen solicitor will organise various checks to be made throughout the property. These checks often involve:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The findings from these checks will be reviewed, and an overview will be provided to the buyer. If all is well and both parties are happy to proceed, they can progress to the exchange of contracts. This is when the agreement becomes legally binding and financial penalties are put in place for any party that chooses to back out.
After all additional checks have been carried out, and when both parties are in a position to move forward with the transaction, completion can take place. This makes the agreement official, and the buyer becomes the new owner of the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Earlswood?
There is no guarantee of how long a property transaction will take to complete. Each comes with its own set of circumstances, and there are many components that can impact the time it takes to complete. The most standard of property transactions typically takes a few months to complete, though some transactions are much shorter and others much longer.
We will be happy to discuss your transaction with you, to be able to give a much more educated estimate as to how long we expect the conveyancing process to take for you.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Earlswood?
Alongside property checks, your solicitor will also need to organise a number of local areas checks too. These searches often include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Earlswood?
We are available to answer any questions you have and to offer expert advice regarding your upcoming property transaction. Should you choose to instruct us, rest assured that we’ll get things set up right away, ready to make a start on the legal elements of your property sale or purchase.