Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
At Bird & Co, we have conveyancing solicitors in Amersham who regularly work with individuals looking to buy, sell or remortgage property in the area. If you’re planning on doing the same, we can certainly help.
Our experienced and reliable team is able to support you with your property transaction from start to finish. From liaising with other parties to reviewing contracts to assessing risks, we are there, every step of the way.
Conveyancing is what we specialise in and we have worked with many clients in the local Amersham area over the years. We come recommended by many and we strive to deliver a quality service to every one of our clients.
If you have any questions at all, we would be more than happy to listen and provide as much detail as possible. For more information about our Amersham conveyancing services, feel free to get in touch and a member of our team will be able to assist.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Amersham can help you
Our specialist conveyancing team in Amersham are able to support you with a variety of conveyancing requirements, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have worked with various lenders, including well-known national firms and local building societies. We understand their individual processes and requirements which allows us to tailor our services for you, based on who you are choosing to work with.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Amersham?
We are rated excellent on Trustpilot and have received many glowing reviews from our previous clients. We are committed to offering a reliable and straightforward service to all of our clients.
Not only are we happy to meet with clients face to face, we also have a specialist online conveyancing service available. This platform allows us to support clients from far and wide, without the need to book meetings at our offices. It also means our clients have the flexibility to work with us in whatever way is best for them.
We keep ourselves up to date with new trends and processes, so that our service is modern and in keeping with all of the latest requirements.
We assign individual case managers to each of our clients which provides a much more personal service. Each one of our clients is given their case manager’s contact details so that they are able to reach out with questions and queries, whenever they need to.
We are proud to be accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also have a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, too. This shows that we are dedicated to providing high quality customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Amersham?
Here are just a few reasons why many of our clients have chosen to work with us in the past:
- Our conveyancing solicitors in Amersham have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the Amersham market. Our broad knowledge gives our services an edge over other local firms who only deal with transactions in Amersham.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Through the setup of encrypted emails, malware protection and secure devices, we are able to keep our clients’ legal documents and details safe and secure online.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Cases are worked on remotely and communication is almost instantaneous, which reduces delays and the time it takes to carry out conveyancing.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer resources required to provide the same level of work, we are able to reduce our conveyancing fees for our clients.
- We are able to work with clients around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Video conferencing allows us to keep in touch with clients from far away.
- We are fully insured to carry out both online conveyancing services and traditional conveyancing services.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Amersham?
Most of the property transactions we deal with can follow a similar conveyancing process, so we are able to provide fixed, straightforward fees for the majority of our clients. In cases where a transaction will take longer or be more complex than standard transactions, we let clients know in advance as well as how much their conveyancing will cost. We are very transparent with our pricing system.
Other costs are involved with the typical conveyancing process, including disbursements (such as the cost of searches or registering a property with HM Land Registry) and tax. As your conveyancers, we will be able to confirm which charges are applicable to you, as well as how much you will be required to pay.
How does the conveyancing process work in Amersham?
There are three stages to conveyancing, which are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer makes an offer which is accepted by the seller, a verbal contract is entered. From here, both parties are required to instruct solicitors to begin the conveyancing process for them.
The buyer and their solicitors will organise various checks to be carried out on the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
These checks are done to provide an honest and accurate analysis of the property the buyer is choosing to purchase. If they are satisfied with the checks and wish to go ahead with the purchase, the exchange of contracts can be completed. At this point, the transaction is legally binding.
When completion of the transaction occurs, a property transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the previous owner is required to hand over the keys to the new owner.
How long does conveyancing take in Amersham?
Every property transaction is different. They each come with their own challenges and their own level of risk, so no two transactions will take the exact same amount of time as the other. Based on our experience in dealing with various property transactions, we estimate the average conveyancing process to take 12-14 weeks from the date at which we are instructed.
Sometimes, delays can happen for one reason or another. We are an honest and reliable team who will keep you abreast of the situation and will let you know when delays come about.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Amersham?
When buying a property in the UK, your conveyancing is required to carry out a variety of checks to look for any potential issues with your transaction.
The following conveyancing searches are required:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
We always inform clients if additional checks are required, ahead of time.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Amersham?
A member of our Amersham conveyancing team will happily run through the first steps of your property transaction and, when your file is opened and set up, we can make a start on the legal elements of your sale or purchase.
Feel free to get in touch with us with your questions, or to instruct us at a time that’s best for you.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Amersham
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta