Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
At Bird & Co, we have an experienced team of residential property solicitors in Rochester who are on hand to provide specialist advice and guidance for the purchase, sale or remortgaging of a property in the local area.
The vast majority of property transactions involve legal elements that can be complex and difficult to navigate on your own. With the help of our conveyancing team, you can look forward to the completion of your property transaction while we work on assessing, organising and limiting the risks involved.
At our Rochester branch, we have a team of friendly, approachable and experienced conveyancers who know the area well and who are happy to walk you through the entire process. From reviewing contracts and challenging covenants, to organising searches and purchase deposits, we are available to support your property transaction from a legal perspective and can answer any questions you may have.
Whether you live in Rochester or further afield, you will be pleased to know that we also have an online conveyancing service available. With this feature, you can expect a fast and convenient service from our team, with the same level of detail as you would expect from meeting our solicitors face to face.
To get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Rochester, give us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Rochester can help you
Together, our conveyancers in Rochester have years of experience in the industry that cover a broad range of property transactions. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We work with many of the major lenders on a regular basis, which provides us with key insights into what’s required from each of these lenders and the timescales they work to. It also means we are able to support you with your transaction, whether you have chosen to borrow from a local building society or a larger national bank.
Why should you choose Bird & Co’s Rochester conveyancing solicitors?
We specialise in conveyancing - it’s our bread and butter. Our focus in this area means that you can expect a high level of knowledge and experience from every member of our conveyancing team. It’s highly unlikely that you could present a case or issue to us, relating to a property transaction, that we haven’t previously dealt with. So rest assured, when working with Bird & Co on your crucial property matter, you’re in safe hands.
What’s more, we are available to work with anyone across the nation and that’s thanks to our online conveyancing service. This easily accessible tool means we can assist those looking to move to Rochester from far away, as well as those we have been recommended to yet have no dealing with the Rochester area. We can provide you with the quality conveyancing service our solicitors are known for, without ever having to meet you face to face (unless you would like to, of course).
We have a strong team of conveyancers at our Rochester branch which means we can provide a fast turnaround for each question or query regarding your conveyancing case. You will be provided with contact details to be able to get in touch directly with the conveyancer handling your case. Our team members are very friendly and approachable and we aim to make the process as simple and as convenient for you.
Our recommended conveyancing services have been recognised by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This shows that we are able to:
- Provide a high quality legal advice
- Complete your conveyancing transaction as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
What’s more, we have been Lexcel accredited by The Law Society, which shows how committed we are to maintaining high standards of customer service and case management.
Why should you instruct our online conveyancers instead of another conveyancer in Rochester?
There are many benefits to working with our conveyancers online. These include but are not limited to the following:
- With years of experience and a passion for working in the industry, we know everything there is to know about the property market. We’re always keeping up to date with the latest news and trends, particularly around the Rochester area.
- Security lies at the forefront of our online conveyancing communications. Online technologies such as encrypted emails and malware protection allow us to keep sensitive information strictly between those involved with your case.
- Working online enables us to speed up communication and process documentation much more quickly than more traditional conveyancing processes.
- Not only does our online conveyancing system make the process more streamlined and secure, it also helps to reduce the costs involved with the entire conveyancing process.
- Video conferencing allows us to get in touch with our clients across the country and around the world, too. This digital way of communicating makes it even easier for you to speak to your case manager, without having to visit our Rochester offices.
- Our promises to you as your conveyancer remain the same, whether you choose to work with us digitally or in person. You will receive the same level of service, whichever way you choose to work with Bird & Co.
Conveyancing solicitors fees in Rochester – how much can you expect to pay?
The cost of your conveyancing case will depend on the services you require when working with our Rochester solicitors. We can give you a fixed fee quote for standard property sales and purchases. We will provide you with the total amount of our service costs from the offset so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not to work with us.
In more complex cases, our fees may be higher in order to cover the additional work required to cover any and all legal elements of these transactions. You will be made aware of any additional fees required before you decide whether or not to work with Bird & Co.
Alongside our conveyancing fees, you will likely incur other costs that are involved with your typical property transaction. These costs are known as disbursements and include property searches and HM Land Registry, both of which are required as part of the vast majority of property transactions.
Finally, there’s also Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax to bear in mind when considering the fees associated with your property transaction. If you are required to pay tax as part of your property sale or purchase, we can calculate the amount owed and support you with filing the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work?
Conveyancing consists of three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer finds the ideal property for them, they will make an offer to the seller. There may be some negotiating before a final offer is agreed upon. You will require the help and support of a specialist conveyancing solicitor from this point. Note that nothing is legally binding until a contract has been reviewed by both parties, and signed and exchanged.
If you’re the buyer of the property, your solicitor will be required to organise checks on the property. These checks will involve:
- Reviewing information relating to the property that the seller has provided, before making any necessary enquiries.
- Carrying out property searches, including local authority checks
As a buyer, you will be required to organise an independent survey of the property, as well as applying for a mortgage. This should be done while your solicitor works on the above checks.
Once the above steps have been carried out and all parties are satisfied with the findings, the transaction can move into the signing and exchanging of contracts. After exchanging, the transaction becomes legally binding and any party that wishes to drop out from this point forward will incur a financial penalty for doing so. For example, if you are a buyer and decide to pull out of the sale after exchanging, you are likely to lose some or all of your deposit.
Completion refers to the official transfer of ownership, when the seller moves out of the property and the buyer moves in. At this point, a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take?
There is no exact timeframe for a conveyancing transaction to take place. While some transactions are extremely straightforward, others are more complex and require additional time to complete. For example, if your own transaction gets caught in a property chain (where more than one party is required to sell their property to process their transaction), these cases can take longer than transactions that only have one party selling a property.
The most simple of conveyancing transactions can take around 12-14 weeks to complete. That being said, you should prepare yourself for delays as they are common. When working with Bird & Co, our Rochester conveyancers will keep you up to date with all progress and any delays.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Rochester?
Searches are a standard element of the conveyancing process, something which your chosen solicitor will be required to organise on your behalf. These checks intend to uncover any issues that the buyer should be aware of before committing to purchasing the property.
Typical searches that are carried out as part of the conveyancing process include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional searches and checks are required. Should this be the case, your solicitor will let you know before the checks are carried out.
How do you instruct Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Rochester?
If you’re interested in working with our conveyancing solicitors in Rochester, simply get in touch either by phone or by filling in our online form. Our solicitors will be more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding the process and our fees, to help you make a decision of whether or not to work with Bird & Co.
When the time comes to proceeding with your property transaction, you can rest assured our Rochester property solicitors will cover all legal aspects of the process, while keeping you updated at every step. What’s more, we’ll make sure to get in touch as early as possible, whenever we require additional information from you, to avoid delaying the transaction as much as possible.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Rochester
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta