Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are in the Biggleswade area and are looking to buy, sell, or complete any other type of property transaction, our Biggleswade solicitors at Bird & Co are highly skilled in this area and can lend the helping hand you need to make the process as straightforward and stress-free as possible.
At Bird & Co, we understand the complexities that can sometimes come before completion. We will handle any problems that occur alongside the legal elements to make the process as plain sailing as possible. Our team are experts in the property transactions area, having had many years of practical experience. We will always deliver top-quality advice and assistance, and this is reflected through our efficiency and accuracy.
We recognise the way the world is developing, and to ensure we can still provide our clients with the service they want and need, the last few years we have started an online conveyancing service alongside the traditional route we offer.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Biggleswade can help you
Our Biggleswade conveyancing solicitors can help with a variety of matters surrounding property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Whether you are with a national firm or a local building society, we will be able to assist you as we work alongside most major lenders in the UK.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Biggleswade?
Buying and selling a home can be a stressful process. That’s why both our traditional and online conveyancing service has been professionally designed to be as straightforward and stress-free as possible for our clients. We are proud of the service we offer and have helped many clients both local to Biggleswade and globally to complete their transactions.
Direct contact throughout our service is a must, and that’s why for each case, there will be an assigned solicitor who will be your point of contact. They will keep you updated on each step and can answer any queries you may have throughout.
We have been recognised by the Law Society for our excellent conveyancing service, through the Lexcel accreditation and the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. This means our team will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Biggleswade?
Online conveyancing can be better for many reasons over the traditional route:
- Our Biggleswade online conveyancers have experience with the local market, but they also have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, something many other local firms cannot offer their clients.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Security and protection of our clients is extremely important to us. We achieve this through encrypting our emails and having up to date protection software.
- With online conveyancing, we can cut down the resources needed to proceed with the conveyancing process. This means we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Where we use fewer resources in comparison to the traditional conveyancing route, online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective, as we can reduce the fees.
- We have video conferencing systems in place so we can remotely offer our services, even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Our obligations do not change whether you choose the traditional or online conveyancing route, but for our client’s reassurance, we are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Biggleswade?
Due to the variety of conveyancing services we offer, we can provide our clients with a range of flexible fees. For straightforward property transactions, we will always aim to proceed with fixed fees. In some instances, additional fees may need to be applied. If this applies to your case, we will explain this well in advance so you are completely aware.
Additional fees, or better known in the conveyancing process as disbursements, usually include conveyancing searches and property transaction registrations with HM Land Registry.
If your transaction is affected by tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax, your case manager will assist with calculating how much is owed and will file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Biggleswade?
Conveyancing has three main stages before the buyer can move into the property, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
The parties will enter an agreed contract when the offer is accepted, this, however, is not yet legally binding until it is later signed and exchanged. This means that either the buyer or seller can pull out without any repercussions.
The buyer can then start the property checks with the help of their conveyancer. These checks could include:
- Reviewing the property information (done by conveyancing solicitor)
- Making further checks (done by conveyancing solicitor)
- Doing conveyancing property searches (done by conveyancing solicitor)
- Doing an independent survey (done by property buyer)
At the same point, if it is necessary, the buyer can apply for their mortgage.
The next step of the process is for the buyer and seller to sign and exchange contracts. This means the transaction is now legally binding, and if either party pulls out, they will face a penalty.
Competition of the property is when the transaction is official. Once completed, the transfer deed will be submitted to HMLR, and the buyer can move into their new property.
How long does conveyancing take in Biggleswade?
The common time frame for conveyancing is between 12 and 14 weeks, however, that is not necessarily always the case. Where there are complications with the property or the chain, it can prevent the process from moving further and cause a delay in the completion of the property transaction.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Biggleswade?
During the process, your conveyancing solicitor will complete various checks and searches. These will include:
- Local authority checks – where the local area is checked for planning, pollution, highway pollution and other related issues
- Environmental searches – where problems with land contamination and/or flooding is checked for
- Water and drainage searches – where matters such as water and drainage access in the property will be checked
There might be additional searches and checks required for the specific property. If this is necessary for the property in question, your solicitor will keep you fully informed.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Biggleswade?
Once you decide to proceed, we will directly contact you to run through each step of the process so you are completely in the loop of what will happen at each stage, as well as answering any queries that you may have in relation to the transaction.
No matter if you’re moving to, from or across the Biggleswade area, our solicitors will be able to lend a helping hand with clear advice that you can trust.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Biggleswade
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta