Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Conveyancing Solicitors in Ferndown
If you’re thinking of buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Ferndown, our expert residential property solicitors will be able to assist you with the legal elements of the process.
We will work closely with you and the other parties involved to ensure all aspects of your transaction are handled as efficiently as possible, while delivering a high-quality service to you. It’s our aim to provide a reliable and stress-free service so that you can look ahead to the completion of your property transaction.
Our Ferndown conveyancing services are accessible to all, no matter where you are in the country. No matter if you’re local or currently living further away, our conveyancing team is able to work with you in a way that suits you best.
We have an online conveyancing service available, alongside standard conveyancing services, that allows us to work with clients from far and wide. We treat all clients equally and guarantee the same quality service no matter how you choose to work with us.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Ferndown can help you
Our qualified conveyancing lawyers in Ferndown are able to provide a complete collection of conveyancing services, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Over the years, we have worked alongside various mortgage lenders, including larger national firms and smaller local building societies. We have an understanding of how each of these lenders prefers to work and we can apply that knowledge to your transaction. We can tailor your case based on whichever lender to choose to proceed with.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Ferndown?
The online conveyancing service that we have available is a new and modern approach to property conveyancing. It is fast, simple and convenient, allowing us to work with clients across the country and in a way that’s most convenient for you. At a time where remote working and accessible services are paramount, we’re here for you.
Our offices remain open and are available for anyone who would prefer to pay us a visit and discuss the conveyancing process in person. Our conveyancing solicitors in Ferndown are professional and pleasant and will be happy to offer any assistance both during and ahead of your visit.
If you choose to work with Bird & Co’s conveyancing team in Ferndown, you will be provided with a case manager who will be your main point of contact throughout the entire process. You will be given their direct email address and phone number so that you can ask any questions or queries you have along the way.
Our high-quality service has been recognised with the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Not only that, we have also been awarded the Lexcel accreditation as well as many wonderful reviews on Trustpilot from our lovely clients.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Ferndown?
We understand that online conveyancing is quite a new approach to the process and that you may have questions. Here are just a few of the reasons why some of our past clients have decided to take the online conveyancing route:
- Our conveyancing lawyers in Ferndown have in-depth knowledge of the national property market as well as the local Ferndown market. We can apply this broader scope of knowledge to your transaction, something which other local firms may not be able to provide.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We prioritise the security of your private information and we make sure we have the latest protection and policies in place to ensure this.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With online conveyancing, we can skip some of the steps required with traditional processes and shorten the overall time it takes to complete
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer steps required to complete the process, there’s fewer resources required. All of this means a reduced service fee for you.
- We regularly deal with property transactions across the length and breadth of the country, and we also work with clients in other countries. We invest in high-quality video conferencing software to provide a high level of service and communication to these clients.
- We are fully insured to carry out our conveyancing services online and in person, and our legal obligations remain the same, whichever way you choose to work with us.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Ferndown?
We will always provide a detailed overview of our costs ahead of your decision to instruct us. Straightforward conveyancing transactions are covered by our fixed services fees, whereas more complex and lengthy transactions will be covered by a bespoke quote. In some cases, additional fees are required to complete a transaction (usually due to external factors) and if this happens to be the case with your own transaction, your case manager will let you know.
Note that, on top of our Ferndown conveyancing fees, you will also be required to pay for disbursements, including conveyancing searches and property registration. We will include these costs in our overview.
Your transaction may incur tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. We will be happy to assist you with calculating the amount owed and filing the tax return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Ferndown?
The general conveyancing process is set out as follows:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
An individual on the lookout for a property to purchase will make an offer to a seller. If this offer is accepted, the two parties enter a verbal (but not legally binding) agreement.
To progress with the transaction, the two parties will be required to instruct solicitors and together, the buyer and their chosen conveyancers will carry out the following checks:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If the findings from the checks are agreeable and acceptable by both parties, the transaction can move into exchange of contracts. This is when the contracts are reviewed, analysed and signed. Exchange of contracts makes the agreement legally binding.
The conveyancing process reaches an end at completion, where the transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller leaves the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Ferndown?
There is no set amount of time to complete every property transaction and the majority of influence comes from factors outside our control. If you’re in a property chain, chances are your conveyancing will take longer than the process for a buyer who is not. If issues arise during the checks and searches, this can delay the process until the issues are rectified. If your conveyancing does come across delays, try not to worry - it’s completely normal and we here at Bird & Co will do everything within our power to minimise the delays you encounter.
Based on our experience, we estimate a standard and straightforward transaction to take between 12 and 14 weeks to complete, from instruction.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Ferndown?
When purchasing a property in Ferndown, your conveyancer will be required to complete a number of local checks to look for any issues that need to be considered.
The three most important conveyancing checks are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Of course, in some cases, additional checks are required and if that happens to be the case with your transaction, we will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Ferndown?
We will introduce you to your case manager who will explain the process to you and answer any questions you have. We will then set up your case file and make a start on the initial research and communications with the other parties involved.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Ferndown
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta