Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Letchworth is easy with the help of our expert residential conveyancers who will make sure your property transaction goes exactly to plan.
Moving home can be an exciting and rewarding event but we know there is plenty of stress, worry and anxiety attached to such big and important life transactions.
That is why we are here to help ensure your property deal completes smoothly and seamlessly, without a hitch.
With our decades of experience and combined expertise, we are able to carefully guide you through your property transaction, mitigating risk and helping you avoid any potential problems or pitfalls along the way.
Bird & Co conveyancing lawyers in Letchworth will take you step by step through the entire conveyancing process, from the outset to completion, giving straightforward and reliable advice via an easy and convenient service that can all be done online.
We are now able to help clients buying, selling and remortgaging homes across the wider geographical areas of Letchworth and Hertfordshire, including Hitchin, Stevenage and Biggleswade, with easy, affordable and accessible online conveyancing services, no matter where they are.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Letchworth can help you
Our expert residential property solicitors in Letchworth have specialist expertise across the full spectrum of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Being on the approved panel of most of the major lenders, we can assist you whether you are using a local building society or national high street bank.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Letchworth?
Our online conveyancing service enables you to work with our conveyancing lawyers remotely, tapping into our specialist expertise regardless of where you are situated in the country. This means you no longer need to meet with us at our office premises, unless you want to.
Our modern methods and approach enable us to create efficiencies, streamlining and simplifying the conveyancing process to reduce cost, effort and hassle for you.
When working with us remotely, you have our assurance that you will receive the same excellent standards of service. You will get direct access via written correspondence, direct email or phone to the conveyancer working on your matter who will always be available to give a prompt response to any queries.
We carry Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, meaning we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Our Law Society Lexcel accreditation also demonstrates our firm commitment to providing the highest quality and standards in customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Letchworth?
There are many benefits to instructing our Letchworth online conveyancers, such as:
- Specialist in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local property market of Letchworth. This gives you the advantage of working with a firm used to dealing with both national and local property transactions, alike.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. All your sensitive and personal legal documents will be kept safe and secure, protected by encrypted emails, secure devices and malware protection.
- Getting your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Since we can now carry out the entire conveyancing process remotely, delays are less likely to be an issue.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Additional costs sometimes associated with conveyancing can be avoided when we can complete work remotely and online.
- Using video conferencing facilities means we can stay in touch with our clients completing property transactions all around the UK and even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- The legal service you can expect will remain the exact same as if we were meeting you in person. You will see there will be no difference to the conveyancing process or service you experience with us and we are fully insured to show our commitment and guarantee.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Letchworth?
We can offer affordable and flexible conveyancing solicitors fees in Letchworth, including fixed fees where the conveyancing work involved is a standard and straightforward process. This will give you confidence and guidance on costs at the outset. Where additional fees are likely to occur, we will keep you informed and updated in advance.
Other conveyancing costs that might arise are called disbursements. Disbursements that are likely to crop up during the conveyancing process include registering a property with HM Land Registry and conveyancing search fees. Taxes may also affect your transaction, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. In this instance, we will be able to advise you and help you calculate what is owed to file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Letchworth?
There are three parts to the conveyancing process, which are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
On the acceptance of an offer, a contract will be entered into between the buyer and seller which has to be signed and exchanged by both parties for it to be legally binding.
Buyers, with the help of their conveyancing solicitor, will carry out the necessary checks on the property which can include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Where applicable, the buyer will make an application for a mortgage at this stage.
On the completion of all the necessary property checks, and where both parties are happy to proceed, contracts can be signed and exchanged to make the transaction legally binding. This means neither party will be able to withdraw from the deal without receiving a financial penalty.
Completion happens when the transaction is made official. Funds are transferred from the buyer to the seller’s conveyancing solicitors and the buyer becomes the new legal owner of the property. Any remaining fees, taxes, proceeds and transfers will be settled and a transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry. The seller will be required to hand over keys and move out of the property so the new owner can move in.
How long does conveyancing take in Letchworth?
Normally, you might expect a standard conveyancing matter to take roughly 12-14 weeks from the date an offer is accepted and solicitors instructed. It is not always possible to estimate the likely timescale of each individual transaction since they will often be met with their own unique challenges and circumstances which will affect how long it will take to reach completion.
Delays are common in the conveyancing process and sometimes unavoidable. In the event your conveyancing matter is likely to take longer to complete, we will advise you and keep you informed and updated at regular intervals.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Letchworth?
When buying a property, you will need your conveyancer in Letchworth to carry out all the necessary checks to be sure there are no issues or problems with the property.
Conveyancing searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If any additional checks are needed, then we will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Letchworth?
Our Letchworth property solicitors will be on hand to take you through each stage of your conveyancing transaction, giving the utmost care and attention to all of the legal details of your transaction.
Our residential conveyancing team will be able to provide specialist expertise and advice for a perfect property transaction, whether you are moving to, from, or within Letchworth.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Letchworth
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta