Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Those who plan to buy, sell or remortgage a property in Didcot will certainly benefit from the skills and expertise of a conveyancing team with experience in this area of the property market. Here at Bird & Co, we have a dedicated team of residential property solicitors in Didcot who can manage the entire conveyancing process for you.
While you look forward to completion, we will arrange the various checks and searches required, liaise with the other party and their solicitors, and ensure all payments and costs are covered. We will also assess any risks involved with the property transaction, keeping you up to date with all goings on at all times.
We want to make our conveyancing services as accessible as possible to all, which is why we not only offer our traditional conveyancing services, but an online conveyancing service too. This enables us to work with you, no matter where you are in the country or the world.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Didcot can help you
Our residential property solicitors in Didcot cover all manner of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We also work with various lenders, from national firms to local building societies, which means we are fully able to manage your transaction no matter who you choose to borrow from.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Didcot?
Thanks to our online conveyancing service, we can work closely with you no matter where you are in the country. While you are welcome to come and pay us a visit in our offices, you can just as easily communicate with us via video conferencing platforms for the duration of your time working with us.
We provide a modern, friendly and quality conveyancing service that’s simple to follow and won’t leave you wondering where things are up to.
We provide each of our clients with a dedicated case manager who will keep you abreast of all goings on with your case and who will be on hand to answer any questions and queries you have along the way.
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also rated excellent on Trustpilot by many of our wonderful past clients and we are committed to delivering the same level of service to our future clients as well.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Didcot?
Here are just a few reasons why our clients choose to instruct our online conveyancers rather than our traditional conveyancers:
- Our Didcot conveyancers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the Didcot property market. We can utilise the broad knowledge and experience to strengthen the service we offer, which isn’t something local-only firms can offer.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Client privacy and security lies at the forefront of our efforts and that’s why we take the time to keep our online security processes up to date.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Because we’re able to cut out some of the steps required for traditional conveyancing, we’re able to get your online conveyancing transaction processed more quickly.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. By cutting out unnecessary steps, we’re able to reduce the cost of our online conveyancing services.
- We regularly work on property transactions across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Video conference platforms help us to keep in touch with clients who cannot meet us in the office.
- We are fully insured to carry out our conveyancing services both in the office and online.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Didcot?
We keep our service fees flexible to cater to the needs of our clients and their property transactions. That’s because, while one transaction may be fairly straightforward and quick to process, another may have a few hurdles to overcome before completion can be reached. When additional resources are required to complete a transaction, additional costs may be incurred. That being said, we always keep our clients up to date and if this happens to be the case with your own transaction, we will let you know in advance.
Typical property transactions also involve other costs, including disbursements and tax. Disbursements cover anything from conveyancing searches to registering a property with HM Land Registry. As your conveyancer, we will inform you of any additional costs you are likely to incur and we can even manage the payment process on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Didcot?
The conveyancing process is generally made up of the following three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
The acceptance of an offer is usually what kick starts the process. When a seller agrees to sell their property for a price offered by a buyer, both parties then instruct solicitors to begin organising the transfer of ownership.
Together with their solicitor, the buyer will arrange a number of checks on the property, to assess the value of the property and to look for any risks that could hinder the value or the purchase as a whole. The checks that are typically carried out include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once checks have been completed and the findings assessed, both parties are free to proceed so long as they are happy to. Once both parties sign and exchange contracts, the sale and purchase becomes official from a legal standpoint.
The conveyancing process reaches an end when completion occurs. This is when a transfer deed is sent to HM Land Registry and the seller leaves the property for the new owner to enjoy.
How long does conveyancing take in Didcot?
There is no set time frame for the conveyancing process, and that’s because every transaction is different and some take longer than others. In our years of working as residential property solicitors, we’ve managed a great deal of transactions, some that have taken no time at all and others that have been delayed for various reasons.
Our experience tells us that the average transaction takes 13 weeks to complete, from the time at which solicitors are instructed, but this isn’t a set guarantee. As your solicitors, we promise to keep you up to date with the process and will always inform you of any delays.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Didcot?
When buying a property in Didcot, your property solicitor will be required to arrange a number of local searches to ensure all issues are addressed ahead of completion. These conveyancing searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional checks are required. Should your own transaction require additional checks and searches, we will be sure to let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Didcot?
Your case manager from our Didcot conveyancing team will be in touch to discuss the process as well as any questions you have before making a start on your transaction.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Didcot
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta