Conveyancing Solicitors in Tilbury
We are a team of friendly, honest and approachable conveyancers, and we’re on hand to help anyone looking to buy, sell or remortgage a property in Tilbury. We can guide you through the entire conveyancing process, from reviewing checks and contracts to liaising with other parties to filing a tax return with HMRC.
A property transaction is an extremely exciting part of life, and you should be able to look forward to the end result. While you look ahead to living in your new home or moving on to new pastures, we will take care of all the necessary steps involved with the process.
Our past clients have rated us excellent on Trustpilot for our efficient, reliable and thorough services. We take pride in our friendly and modern approach to conveyancing and client management. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and promise to keep you up to date along the way.
We recently launched an online conveyancing service. This is something which we were testing when restrictions were in place, but the response from clients was so fantastic that we’ve decided to make it a permanent part of our offering. With our online conveyancing service, you do not need to visit our offices - everything is handled remotely.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Tilbury can help you
Conveyancing covers a wide range of transactions, and we here at Bird & Co are fully qualified and capable of managing various types of property matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
It doesn’t matter whether you have chosen to borrow from a large national firm or a local building society - our years in the conveyancing field have seen us work with various lenders, and we can use this experience to provide the best level of service for you.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Tilbury?
Many property buyers and sellers like yourself have benefited greatly from our online conveyancing service. It’s the perfect solution for anyone who can’t make it to our physical offices during office hours or those who aren’t comfortable paying us a visit.
We understand that our clients come to us for a reason - to have a qualified and experienced conveyancer take care of the legal elements of the process for you. It’s our aim to not only keep you up to date every step of the way but to make the process easy to understand, too.
Communication is of the utmost importance when it comes to conveyancing, which is why we will provide you with a main point of contact when you instruct our team to work on your transaction. This team member will be available to answer any questions you have along the way and will ensure you are always kept up to date.
It isn’t just our clients who notice our high quality level of service - we have been accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme and also hold the Lexcel accreditation, too. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Tilbury?
Online conveyancing may not be something you’ve previously considered, so here are just a few of the many benefits of this service:
- Our Tilbury conveyancers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Tilbury market. Any knowledge of property market trends and changes can be applied to your own transaction.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. It’s our priority to keep all details of your transaction and your personal information confidential. Through encrypted emails, high-quality malware protection, secure devices and regular assessments, we can do exactly that.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With online conveyancing, communication is almost instantaneous and with fewer delays as with traditional conveyancing. That means you can look forward to completing more quickly than with the standard methods.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. We can cut out some of the steps needed to process your transaction, which can save us time and reduce the cost of our services.
- Thanks to online conveyancing, we can now work with clients across the country and on the other side of the world. Video conferencing allows us to keep in touch with these clients, just as we would with clients already living in the Tilbury area.
- Rest assured, we are fully insured to carry out your property transaction remotely. Our legal obligations remain the same, whichever way you choose to work with us.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Tilbury?
As with many other conveyancing teams in Tilbury, we offer fixed service fees for transactions that are fairly straightforward. For more complex property matters, we provide bespoke quotes, taking into account the length of time we believe it will take to process as well as the various resources that will be required along the way. We will happily detail what is involved in the quote we have provided you with.
When we provide you with the cost of our services, we will also highlight any additional costs that you will be required to pay. This could include the cost of conveyancing searches, as well as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax, for example.
How does the conveyancing process work in Tilbury?
When buying or selling a home in the UK, you can expect the conveyancing process to consist of:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
In the current market, a seller may be presented with a great deal of offers before deciding on one that they're happy with. At this point, both the buyer and seller must find a solicitor that they’re happy to instruct to work on their behalf.
The next step in the process is for the buyer and their conveyancer to organise and review a number of searches on the property. These searches often involve:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
In some cases, additional searches are required, though not always.
The findings must then be reviewed to look for any risks or factors that could impact the price of the property and, therefore, the buyer’s original offer. If both parties are satisfied with the findings, the transaction can move forward.
The exchange of contracts is when the agreement becomes legally binding. Both parties are required to sign legal documentation that states they are happy to move forward with the transaction and that they are willing to incur a financial penalty if they choose to drop out after this point.
Completion takes place when both parties are able to finalise the transaction so that the seller can vacate the property, the keys can be handed over to the new owner, and a transfer deed can be submitted with HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Tilbury?
The location of a property transaction in the UK doesn’t really affect the time it takes to complete the conveyancing process. Some factors that can impact the timeline, however, are whether or not you are in a property chain, if any risks are identified during the conveyancing searches, or if the valuation of the property doesn’t match the offer the buyer has made.
On average, it takes around 13 weeks to complete a straightforward property transaction - if we believe your own transaction will take longer, we will let you know, and the same goes for if delays crop up during the process.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Tilbury?
Your conveyancer will be required to carry out a number of checks and searches on the local area as well as on the property itself. These searches will cover:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some situations, additional searches are required, and if this applies to your transaction, we will make you aware.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Tilbury?
We will organise an initial discussion with you to find out everything we need to know about the property you’re planning to buy or sell before working on a quote for our services. If you’re happy to go ahead, we will introduce you to your case manager.