Conveyancing Solicitors in Burgess Hill
If you’re considering a property sale or purchase in Burgess Hill, reach out to our friendly and approach team of Burgess Hill conveyancers who will be more than happy to support you with your transaction.
Each individual member of our residential property team has years of knowledge and experience in handling all manners of conveyancing. From reviewing contracts and covenants to administrating fees and payments, we are able to guide you through the conveyancing process from instruction through to completion.
We take pride in offering an upfront and honest service, with reliability at the heart of everything we do. We will keep you as up to date as possible and will always let you know in plenty of time if we need something from you to progress, or if a delay is inevitable.
Here at Bird & Co, we offer an online conveyancing service which is available to anyone who wishes to use it, wherever you may be in the country. So, whether you are moving to Burgess Hill from further afield or simply wish to work with us on a remote basis, we’ve found our online conveyancing service to be of great use to many clients in the past.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Burgess Hill can help you
We work regularly on a variety of conveyancing cases and we have a great deal of expertise in the following areas:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are known by many of the major UK lenders, including national firms and local building societies. The familiarity between them and ourselves makes it much easier to process your transaction as we can tailor your case to meet the wants and needs of your chosen lender.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Burgess Hill?
Our specialist online conveyancing service offers a modern take on the traditional conveyancing process. Many of our clients have praised this service for offering a much more convenient and accessible approach, one that opens up our services to many more individuals.
Each one of our residential property solicitors in Burgess Hill is friendly, honest and reliable. Nothing is too much or too little to ask of them. They are there for you at every stage of the process and will be happy to answer your questions and explain all aspects of the transaction to you.
You will be assigned an individual case manager who you will be able to reach out to directly with any questions and queries throughout the entire process.
We feel privileged to have been awarded the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which showcases our ability to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also have another accreditation from the Law Society, the Lexcel accreditation, which recognises our high levels of practice management and client services. What’s more, we have been rated excellent on Trustpilot by our wonderful clients.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Burgess Hill?
Each person’s primary wants and needs for a conveyancer differs, and there are many reasons why clients opt for our online conveyancers as opposed to more traditional conveyancing approaches:
- Our Burgess Hill conveyancers have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local property market. This broad scope of knowledge means we are equipped to handle various conveyancing matters.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. One of our biggest priorities is keeping our clients’ personal information and legal documents safe and secure online. We have put in place all necessary security measures to ensure this, and we are always looking for improved alternatives to maintain a high level of security.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. By carrying out the entire conveyancing process remotely, we’re able to cut out some of the steps required with traditional conveyancing and reduce the likelihood of delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer elements and resources required to carry out the process, some of the costs associated with traditional conveyancing can be reduced or removed.
- Our online conveyancing clients stretch across the country and internationally, too. We utilise high-quality video conferencing platforms to communicate with our clients remotely.
- No matter whether you choose to work with us via our online conveyancing or traditional conveyancing approach, we are fully insured to work with you either way.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Burgess Hill?
No matter whether your property transaction is straightforward or a little more complex than usual, we promise to be upfront about our costs from the off. We have a range of flexible fees and payment options available and the cost of our services will depend on the amount of work that is required for your own particular transaction. Our fees for straightforward transactions are fixed and where you will be required to pay an additional amount, we will let you know in advance.
You will also be required to pay for conveyancing searches, property registration and other necessities associated with the general conveyancing process. These fees are known as disbursements and we will inform you of the costs in the initial stages of instruction.
Many transactions are also required to pay tax, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Should you choose to instruct us as your conveyancers, we will let you know how much tax you will be required to pay and we can help you to submit a tax return to HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Burgess Hill?
Conveyancing can be split out into three stages, which are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
A seller will accept an offer from a buyer that they are happy with, at which point the two parties enter a verbal contract. From here, both parties will be required to instruct a solicitor to manage the conveyancing process on their behalf.
The property buyer and their solicitor will then make a start on carrying out the necessary checks, which can include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once everyone is satisfied with the findings of the checks, the process can move into exchange. This is where contracts are signed by all parties and the agreement becomes legally binding.
Completion refers to the official transfer of ownership, when the seller leaves the property and the keys are handed over to the new buyer.
How long does conveyancing take in Burgess Hill?
It isn’t possible to give an exact amount of time to complete a property transaction, because each individual case has its own set of circumstances and may face certain challenges along the way. Based on our years of experience, we estimate most standard transactions to take between 12 and 14 weeks from instruction of solicitors to completion. Of course, some transactions can take less time and others, longer.
If your own transaction is likely to face delays, or if delays present themselves along the way, we will keep you in the loop and let you know in plenty of time.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Burgess Hill?
The standard checks involved with conveyancing are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional checks are required. If that happens to be the case with your transaction, we will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Burgess Hill?
A member of our Burgess Hill conveyancing team will be happy to discuss the process in more detail and answer your initial questions in the same meeting. If you decide to instruct us to handle your conveyancing, we will firstly set up your file and give you all the access details you need to keep up to date with the progress of your case. From there, we’ll make a start on the legal requirements of your transaction.
We would be delighted to assist you with your property transaction so do not hesitate to enquire with our expert residential property solicitors in Burgess Hill.