Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Leigh-on-Sea is a popular town for its amenities along with its welcoming community feel. It has grown in popularity in recent years, so it’s no wonder there’s a lot of activity in the local property market.
Our conveyancing lawyers in Leigh-on-Sea can assist with a vast range of property matters, from sales and purchases to remortgages and transfer of equity. With years of experience in the industry, our team will ensure your property transaction completes with as few issues as possible along the way.
While our offices remain open for face to face visits, we also offer an online conveyancing service that is especially useful for anyone who lives further afield or for anyone who feels more comfortable working with us remotely.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Leigh-on-Sea can help you
Our friendly and approachable residential property solicitors in Leigh-on-Sea have years of experience handling all manners of conveyancing, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have had the pleasure of working with various lenders, from larger national firms to smaller local building societies. We know their internal processes and can make use of this knowledge to optimise the processing of your property transaction.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Leigh-on-Sea?
We offer both a standard conveyancing service as well as a specialist online conveyancing service. We cater for all, whether you’d rather handle your property transaction face to face or remotely. Near or far, our conveyancing lawyers in Leigh-on-Sea are able to assist.
One of our top priorities is to maintain a modern and friendly approach to conveyancing. We keep up to date with the latest news and trends in the industry so that we can provide a top notch service for our clients.
Communication is key when it comes to conveyancing, and that’s why we make sure each of our clients is provided with the direct contact details of their assigned case manager. This team member will be in charge of processing your transaction and will be fully involved with all of the goings on. Any questions you have will be quickly answered by your case manager, and they will also keep you up to date with your transaction’s progress.
We are rated excellent on Trustpilot by our wonderful clients, and we are also accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which demonstrates our ability to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Leigh-on-Sea?
Researching and comparing various firms during your search for the right conveyancer is completely normal, so why should you choose our online conveyancing services over other local firms and traditional methods?
- Our property lawyers in Leigh-on-Sea have in-depth knowledge of the national property market as well as the property market in the local area. This extensive breadth of knowledge can be applied to your transaction, something which not all local firms can offer.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Your privacy is of great importance to us, and we strive to do all that we can to keep your information safe. Through up to date malware protection to encrypted emails and secure devices, your case is in safe hands with us.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With our online conveyancing service, we can reduce the number of steps involved which decreases the chance of delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. By reducing the number of steps involved to process your transaction, we can reduce the cost incurred.
- We work with both national and international clients, dealing with local transactions as well as those further afield. We can keep each and every one of our clients up to date through frequent video calls with them.
- We maintain the same level of responsibility to you as an online conveyancing client as we would with one of our clients who work with us face to face. We are fully insured to handle your case either way.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Leigh-on-Sea?
The cost of our Leigh-on-Sea conveyancing fees very much depends on the type of transaction you ask us to manage and the complexity of that transaction. Each case is unique, and there’s no guarantee as to how long it will take to complete as well as the resources that will be required. That is why we offer a range of flexible fees when it comes to our conveyancing services, to cater to each individual client. Please get in touch to discuss your transaction and to receive a quote for our services.
Please note, you will be required to pay for other costs alongside our service fees as part of the conveyancing process. These costs include property searches and checks, registering a property with HM Land Registry, and Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. As your conveyancers, we will be able to inform you of the various costs involved with your transaction and can help you to process these payments, too.
How does the conveyancing process work in Leigh-on-Sea?
The conveyancing process can be segmented into three main stages, which are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a seller agrees to an offer from a buyer, the two parties enter a verbal agreement. They each then take the time to find the right conveyancers to manage the process for them, and the buyer (where required) will apply for a mortgage.
The buyer and their residential property solicitor will then begin the property checks and searches process. This is where the property is assessed for any potential risks both to the buyer and the process as a whole
There are various checks and searches associated with the conveyancing process, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
When all checks have been carried out and the findings reviewed, both parties can proceed with the exchange of contracts (if they are happy to). This is the point at which the agreement becomes legally binding.
A little while later, completion of the process will occur. This is where the arrangement becomes official, the ownership of the property is transferred, and a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Leigh-on-Sea?
Our years of experience working on various property transactions leads us to believe the average property sale or purchase to take between 12 and 14 weeks. However, every transaction is different, and just because the majority take this long to complete doesn’t mean each and every one will. We will do our best to estimate the length of time it will take for your own individual transaction to take, and of course, if any delays crop up, we will let you know.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Leigh-on-Sea?
If you come to us with the intention of buying a property in Leigh-on-Sea, as your conveyancers, we will be required to carry out a number of checks on the property and the local area. These checks are intended to uncover any issues that will need to be addressed before completion.
These conveyancing checks typically involve:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Leigh-on-Sea?
When you instruct us to work on your behalf, we will assign a case manager to handle your case, who will be on hand from the very beginning to answer any of your questions and keep you posted on all the goings on with your transaction.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Leigh-on-Sea
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta