Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Princes Risborough was recently named one of the best places to live in Buckinghamshire, with the overall quality of life ranking very highly in the research’s scoring system. If you are planning to move to Princes Risborough, or you currently live in the area and are looking to upgrade or remortgage, we can help. We have a team of conveyancers in the area who are well versed in all types of property transactions.
We can manage the process from start to finish, from organising property valuations, carrying out local area checks, liaising with third parties and arranging the legal documentation. Using our years of experience in conveyancing and the local area, we’ll make sure your property transaction is processed as quickly and conveniently as possible.
Many of our clients choose to utilise our new and innovative online conveyancing service, which negates the need to visit our offices and it can also cut down the steps required to complete the process. This service is especially useful for clients currently living further away who are looking to move to Princes Risborough.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Princes Risborough can help you
The majority of our clients come to us with requests to assist them with the sale or purchase of a property. However, we regularly handle various other conveyancing matters, including:
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We take pride in the level of service we provide to each and every one of our clients, no matter how big or small their requests may be. Thanks to our expertise, our professional yet friendly approach, and our commitment to completing transactions in a timely manner, we have secured an excellent rating on Trustpilot from many of our past clients.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Princes Risborough?
We have the skills and knowledge to cover a wide range of conveyancing matters. No request is too big or task too small - we are dedicated to making the conveyancing process as simple and as convenient as possible for everyone. Whether you’re a first-time buyer looking forward to securing your perfect home, or a landlord looking to extend a lease for a longstanding tenant, you can rely on our residential property solicitors in Princes Risborough to get the job done.
We make sure to provide direct contact between our clients and the case manager that is assigned to them. This ensures you have someone to reach out to with any questions or queries throughout the entire process.
Our high-quality level of service is not only recognised by clients, but by the industry authorities, too. We are proud to be accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which certifies our capacity to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
What’s more, we also hold a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, which praises our high levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Princes Risborough?
Researching a number of conveyancers and the services they offer is a natural part of the overall process. Here we have highlighted some of the reasons why clients choose to use our online conveyancing service over other local firms:
- Our property conveyancers in Princes Risborough have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Princes Risborough market. We can apply this knowledge to benefit individual transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Your privacy matters to us, which is why we invest in state of the art malware protection and devices while utilising encrypted emails to communicate with you.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Without the need to physically post documents and updates to you, we can cut out unnecessary steps and reduce the time required to carry out these steps simply by communicating with you online.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. By reducing the time and resources required to complete your transaction, we are able to offer our online conveyancing services to you for less.
- We are able to manage property transactions for clients on the other side of the country, even clients on the other side of the world. Video conferencing is a tool that has been adopted by many in the past few years, and it’s become a vital component of our conveyancing services.
- We are fully insured to work with you remotely, just as we are to work with you in person. No matter how you choose to work with us, rest assured, we are fully qualified and covered.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Princes Risborough?
We offer each of our clients their own bespoke service fee. This is because the time and resources required for one particular transaction will not necessarily be required for another - sometimes, even more resources may be required. Because of this, we like to take the time to find out more about your own particular transaction, to determine what will be required to see it through to completion and how much this will cost you as our client.
When we send through our bespoke quote to you, we will also highlight additional costs that will be associated with your transaction, such as the cost of conveyancing searches and registering a property with HM Land Registry. We will also confirm how much tax (if any) you will be required to pay, and we can file the return with HMRC on your behalf upon completion of the transaction.
How does the conveyancing process work in Princes Risborough?
If you are buying or selling a property, the typical conveyancing process can be divided into three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
The first stage, offer and acceptance, does not involve a conveyancer. This is simply where a buyer makes an offer to a seller and, if satisfied, the two parties enter an agreement. This is the point at which both parties will research and instruct their chosen conveyancers.
The buyer’s conveyancer should then organise a number of checks to be carried out throughout the property. These thorough checks should look into:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
In some cases, the checks come back with very few issues to address. Sometimes, additional checks may need to be carried out before the transaction can move forward. Once both parties are happy to proceed, they will be required to sign and exchange contracts. This is the point at which the agreement becomes legally binding.
Once all documentation has been processed, and both parties are agreed on a date, completion of the transaction can take place. Here, the keys are handed over to the new owner, and conveyancers submit a transfer deed to HM Land Registry to confirm the transfer of ownership.
How long does conveyancing take in Princes Risborough?
While we cannot guarantee the length of time it will take to complete your property transaction, we can use our years of knowledge and expertise to give you an educated estimate. There may be external factors that affect the length of time it will take to complete, which we will help to minimise as much as we can.
The average time it takes to complete a property sale, or purchase is around 12 to 14 weeks, though we will always work as best as we can to complete your transaction in as short a time as possible.
If we expect delays to crop up during our time working with you, we will let you know as soon as possible while providing details for how we intend to reduce the impact of these delays.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Princes Risborough?
Property searches, as well as local area searches, are a requirement for the vast majority of transactions. The team here at Bird & Co Solicitors will be happy to organise the required searches and review the findings on your behalf.
The three standard checks that need to be carried out are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
We will provide a full overview of the searches and the findings, as well as any recommendations we have. Sometimes, additional checks are required - if this happens to be the case with your own specific transaction, your case manager will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Princes Risborough?
We will have a conversation with you to find out more about the property you intend to buy or sell before taking some time to draft a bespoke quote for you. If you are happy to go ahead and instruct us, we will then introduce you to your case manager, who will be able to kickstart the process for you.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Princes Risborough
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta