Conveyancing Solicitors in Berkhamsted
Whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging a property in Berkhamsted, our expert conveyancing solicitors at Bird & Co are here to make sure your transaction is plain sailing.
We know moving home can be both an exciting and stressful time for you. There is a lot of planning, organisation and upheaval involved, and with considerable financial and emotional considerations attached to such a big transaction, there is plenty of scope for things to unravel.
Our expert team of conveyancing lawyers in Berkhamsted have decades of experience helping clients secure a perfect property transaction when buying, selling and remortgaging a home in Berkhamsted and the surrounding areas.
We will guide you effortlessly through the conveyancing process, mitigating problems and pitfalls for a clear cut, confident property transaction.
Our experienced conveyancing solicitors are here to give you simple, straightforward and trusted conveyancing guidance, readily accessed through our online conveyancing service.
We will advise and support you throughout the entire conveyancing process from start to finish, being on hand and available to answer any queries you have or deal with any issues that might crop up.
Our remote conveyancing service offers improved access, efficiency and convenience to clients needing conveyancing services across Berkhamsted and the wider Hertfordshire area, including Tring, Hemel Hempstead and Chesham.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Berkhamsted can help you
Our Berkhamsted conveyancing team have extensive expertise across a broad scope of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Since we are on the panel for most major lenders, we are able to assist you whether you have chosen to use a national high street bank or a local building society.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Berkhamsted?
Our specialist online conveyancing solicitors are now readily available to you via the option of quick and convenient online access.
This allows us to support you easily, wherever you are, without compromising on our firm commitment to providing the highest levels of client care, attention and dedication to your matter. You will no longer need to experience the hassle of travelling to meet at us at our offices, saving you time and inconvenience – unless, of course, you wish to meet us on site, in person.
Our aim is to make the conveyancing process as simple and straightforward for you as possible. For this reason, our conveyancing service takes a highly modern approach, enabling us to maximise on speed and efficiency while minimizing the cost and hassle to you.
We will always correspond with you directly by means of telephone, written correspondence or direct emails from the solicitor working on your case. Should you have any questions, we will always aim to be attentive and responsive with a quick answer.
We have the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation which means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Our commitment to providing the highest levels of customer service and practice management is also demonstrated by our Law Society Lexcel accreditation.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Berkhamsted?
By instructing our online conveyancing lawyers, you will benefit from:
- Specialist property solicitors with an in-depth knowledge of the national property market as well as the local Berkhamsted market - giving you the advantage of using a firm that can deal with both local and national transactions when needed.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We are committed to protecting your sensitive personal data. Any of your legal documents involved in online conveyancing will be kept safe and secure, at all times, by the use of encrypted emails, secure devices and malware protection.
- A completely remote conveyancing process which means we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently, so you can expect much shorter timescales and less potential hold ups or delays along the way.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. When work is completed digitally, many of the costs associated with traditional conveyancing can be minimised or even avoided.
- The use of video conferencing means we are able to easily keep in touch with clients engaging in a property transaction locally, nationally or even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- The exact same conveyancing service and process as if we were meeting in person. You will experience no differences to your conveyancing experience with us, and our legal obligations to you will remain the same no matter what. We are fully insured for your confidence and reassurance.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Berkhamsted?
Our conveyancing solicitors fees in Berkhamsted are available on an affordable and flexible basis. You can benefit from a fixed fee for a simple, straightforward transaction, giving you a clear outline of costs from the outset. Should any extra fees be needed to complete the work, we will inform you beforehand.
Additional costs associated with the conveyancing process are called disbursements and these include such things as registering a property with HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches, for example.
Your property transaction may also be subject to tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Where this is applicable, we will be able to assist you with calculations on how much is owed and then file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Berkhamsted?
The conveyancing process follows three stages, which are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
On the acceptance of an offer, a buyer and seller will agree to enter into a contract. Nothing will be legally binding, however, until both parties have signed and exchanged contracts.
Buyers will undertake the various checks on the property, assisted by their solicitor. Such checks might include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, a buyer might apply for a mortgage where this is necessary.
Exchange of contracts will happen after all the checks have been completed and both parties are happy to go ahead. At this stage, when contracts have been signed and exchanged, the transaction will be legally binding. Either party would be liable for a financial penalty should they decide to pull out of the deal.
Completion is when the transaction officially completes and the property becomes legally owned by the buyer. Keys are released and the seller must leave the property for the buyer to move in. Any remaining fees, taxes, proceeds or transfers will be dealt with and the transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Berkhamsted?
Usually, under typical circumstances, a standard conveyance might take approximately 12-14 weeks from the date of the accepted offer and solicitors are instructed. However, it is not always possible to give an accurate timeline to completion because each conveyancing transaction comes with its own set of unique circumstances and potential challenges.
Sometimes delays are experienced and unavoidable. If your conveyancing matter is likely to meet with a delay and take a bit longer to complete, your solicitor will ensure you are informed and updated, accordingly.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Berkhamsted?
If you are buying a property in Berkhamsted, important checks will need to be carried out by your conveyancer to make sure there are no problems with the property.
Conveyancing searches fall under three categories which are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your solicitor will advise and inform you in the event additional checks will be needed.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Berkhamsted?
Our Berkhamsted property solicitors can offer you guidance on the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction, taking care of all the necessary legal aspects for you once a file is opened.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Berkhamsted, our conveyancing lawyers at Bird & Co will ensure your property transaction is handled with expert care and precision, giving you confidence and peace of mind to concentrate on the everyday practicalities of moving home.