Conveyancing Solicitors in Wellingborough
Whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging a property in Wellingborough, our local team of conveyancing solicitors in the area are ready to assist you with your transaction. Our knowledge and experience will help you to enjoy a straightforward and stress-free process.
We can manage the entire conveyancing process for you. From reviewing contracts, instructing checks and searches, and liaising with the other party and their solicitors. While we’re available to act on your behalf throughout the transaction, we will always keep in touch and make sure you’re up to date with the goings on.
We are proud to offer a simple and efficient online conveyancing service that has been utilised by many of our clients. Not only does this allow us to work with clients across the country, it also makes the process much more streamlined for you.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Wellingborough can help you
Our Wellingborough conveyancers specialise in all types of property transaction, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Not only do we understand the conveyancing process, we also have key insights into how specific lenders typically manage the process. As such, we can tailor our services to suit you and the lender you choose to work with.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Wellingborough?
We offer a range of legal services but our specialism lies with conveyancing. Our Wellingborough team combined have years of experience in the industry as well as up to date knowledge of the property market, all of which can optimise the level of service we offer our conveyancing clients.
We are happy to work with clients both face to face and through our online conveyancing platform. The level of service you receive will not falter, whatever way you choose to liaise with us.
Your case manager will never leave you in the dark. We take a proactive approach to each of our cases and will make sure to keep you updated with your case, every step of the way. At the same time, we promise not to bombard you with legal jargon and will make sure the entire process is easy to understand.
Providing a quality conveyancing service is of the utmost importance to us and our client testimonials speak volumes. We are rated excellent on Trustpilot and we have a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation. This demonstrates our commitment to:
- Providing high quality legal advice
- Getting your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Providing top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keeping you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Being upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Wellingborough?
Here are just a number of reasons for considering our online conveyancing service:
- Our Wellingborough conveyancers have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Wellingborough market. We use this knowledge to inform our conveyancing processes and to offer a tailored approach to each case.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We protect our clients’ sensitive information with encrypted emails, secure devices and with up to date malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Fewer steps are required to process your property transaction when carried out online, which reduces the time it takes to complete.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Fewer resources are required, too, so you look forward to a more cost-effective transaction as a result.
- We are able to work with clients in the local area, across the country and around the world, all thanks to our online conveyancing platform and video conferencing.
- We have the relevant insurance in place to offer the same level of service and the same level of protection to each of our clients, both online and face to face.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Wellingborough?
We offer a fixed fee for straightforward conveyancing work, which covers all tasks required from us to complete the property transaction for you. We will provide this fee to you, along with details of what these costs involve, so that you can make an informed decision on whether to work with us.
You will also be required to provide funds for HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches, as well as for tax payments where applicable (such as Stamp Duty Land Tax and Capital Gains Tax).
Some transactions will require additional tasks and therefore, will incur additional costs. Bear in mind that we will make you aware of these additional costs ahead of time.
How does the conveyancing process work in Wellingborough?
The conveyancing process consists of the following stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
The exchange of contracts is the point at which you are legally bound to the transaction. Before this point, you will have the chance to review contracts, make sure you’re happy with the checks carried out, and determine whether or not you are willing to proceed with the transaction. After the exchange of contracts, you will not be able to back out of the contract without incurring a financial penalty.
The buyer’s support team will carry out a variety of checks on their property ahead of the exchange of contracts. Standard checks and searches include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once all parties are satisfied, completion will take place. At this point, the transfer of property ownership is official, a transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the conveyancing process comes to an end.
How long does conveyancing take in Wellingborough?
Every property transaction is different because of the individual parties involved and their current situation. Some transactions won’t involve a chain, whereas others may be lengthy. Different situations can affect the time it takes for the conveyancing process to complete, which is something to be aware of ahead of instructing your solicitor.
Our experience has shown us that the more simple and straightforward conveyancing transactions take between 12 and 14 weeks from start to finish. If we believe your transaction will take longer than this, we will let you know well in advance.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Wellingborough?
Searches for conveyancing in Wellingborough consist of the same searches carried out nationally. They involve:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Should any additional checks be required for your own specific translation, we will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Wellingborough?
Feel free to ask our Wellingborough conveyancing team any questions you have, whether that’s regarding the process, our services, or our knowledge and experience. We will be happy to provide as much information as you need to help you with your research.
Whether you are selling up and moving away from Wellingborough, buying in the local area, or moving to Wellingborough for the very first time, we would love to assist you with your transaction.