Conveyancing Solicitors in Poundbury
If you are planning to buy, sell or remortgage a property in Poundbury, we have a local team of Poundbury property solicitors who are available to assist you with the various searches, checks and documentation required to complete your transaction. Our team of specialists can offer expert legal advice and practical support the whole way through.
Our conveyancing services are available and accessible to all, no matter where you are in the country. We strive to provide a tailored service to best suit the needs of your specific transaction, and we take a personal approach to each case that we work on.
As well as our traditional conveyancing methods, we also offer a new and unique online conveyancing service. This option allows clients to work with us remotely, while still benefiting from the same high-quality level of service we would offer someone who comes into our office.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Poundbury can help you
Our specialist conveyancing lawyers in Poundbury can provide help and support on a wide range of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for many major lenders, including national firms and local building societies. Because of this, we understand their individual approaches to mortgage applications and conveyancing processes and we can use this knowledge to tailor and optimise our efforts on your case.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Poundbury?
We specialise in property transactions and the vast majority of our time, effort and other resources are dedicated to growing and maintaining our high-quality services in the arena.
Our online conveyancing service enables us to work with clients both locally in the Poundbury area, as well as further afield. Whether you’re moving to Poundbury from far away, looking to sell or buy an investment property in the area, or you’re local and would simply prefer to work with us on a remote basis - we can cover all of these requirements thanks to our online conveyancing service.
We dedicate a case manager to each of our clients in order to provide a personal and approachable service. Any questions or queries you have along the way will be handled by your case manager, while an entire team of our conveyancers works on your transaction alongside them.
The quality level of service that our conveyancing teams provide to clients is exemplary and has been recognised with a Lexcel and Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which demonstrates our ability to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have also received a large number of excellent Trustpilot testimonials from our past clients and we aim to continue delivering the level of service all clients deserve.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Poundbury?
You may have your own specific reasons for wanting to instruct our online conveyancers over a traditional conveyancer in Poundbury, but here are a few reasons as to why many others have chosen this approach in the past:
- Our team of property lawyers in Poundbury have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Poundbury market. We can apply this broader scope of knowledge to each of our client transactions, something which firms with a strictly local focus may not be able to do.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. In this day and age, it’s vital to have the proper security measures in place to ensure the safety of client information and documentation. We regularly assess our security measures and take the necessary actions to keep our processes as safe and security as possible.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With all documentation and communication shared online, we can cut out some of the steps involved in traditional conveyancing that can add to the time it takes to complete.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Cutting steps out allows us to reduce the costs associated with our online conveyancing service.
- We work on property transactions for clients across the length and breadth of the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Video conferencing software enables us to communicate freely and effectively.
- We are fully insured to carry out property transactions both from our offices and online. You can expect the same high-quality level of services when working with us remotely, than you would if you were to join us in the office.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Poundbury?
Our conveyancing fees vary depending on the type of property transaction we’re dealing with, as well as how much resource we predict it will take to complete. Every transaction is different to the next and that’s why we tend to provide a bespoke service quote after an initial discussion with you.
When you enquire, we’ll get in touch to run through the details of your transaction while answering any questions you have for us. We’ll use this information to provide a quote to you and from there, it’s entirely your decision whether or not you wish to instruct us.
Remember that, on top of our service fees, you will also be required to pay for conveyancing searches, surveys, property registration and, in most cases, tax. We will be able to detail the individual costs for each of these elements and, as your conveyancers, can assist with filing a return to HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Poundbury?
The standard conveyancing process consists of the following three steps:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
The natural process of a property transaction is as follows – when a buyer finds a property they are particularly interested in, they will negotiate with the seller until they reach an offer that both are agreed on. In order to move the transaction forward, both parties will then instruct their preferred conveyancer to kickstart the legal process.
The buyer will then work with their solicitor to arrange, carry out and review a number of checks, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If everyone involved is satisfied with the findings, the next step in the process is to review contracts, discuss any covenants, then sign and exchange. At this stage, the agreement becomes legally binding and neither party can drop out without incurring a financial penalty.
The conveyancing process reaches an end when the two parties complete the transaction. This is when the keys are handed over to the new owner and a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Poundbury?
We cannot guarantee your conveyancing transaction will take a set amount of time, because each process is different and there may be some delays that one transaction incurs that another does not. Based on our experience, we can say that the most straightforward of transactions take around 12-14 weeks from instruction to completion, but again, this is just an estimate and not a guarantee.
Should you choose to work with our conveyancing solicitors in Poundbury, we promise to keep you abreast of the situation at all times, especially when we suspect delays to arise.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Poundbury?
When the time comes for you to buy a property in Poundbury, your conveyancer will be required to carry out various checks to look for any issues that need to be assessed. These checks typically involve:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Poundbury?
We will get in touch to discuss your transaction and answer any questions you have before taking a short amount of time to work on an individual quote for your conveyancing. If you are happy to go ahead, we will assign a case manager to keep you updated throughout the entire process.