Conveyancing Solicitors in Oxted
Oxted is a sought after location in Surrey, due to its pretty appearance, great transport links, and safe community feel. We have a team of conveyancing lawyers in Oxted who are available to assist clients with buying, selling or remortgaging a property in the area.
Buying or selling a property is a truly exciting time, but it goes without saying that the legal elements of the process must be carried out. While you look forward to the first or next step on the property ladder, we will carry out all the necessary checks and searches and file all the relevant paperwork on your behalf.
Client care is our top priority here at Bird & Co, so you can expect to receive a truly professional yet friendly service when working with our team. Please do not hesitate to come to us with any questions you have, whether that’s before you decide whether or not to work with us or during the process.
If you didn’t already know, we offer a convenient online conveyancing service, which gives us the resources to work with individuals across the country and around the world. We have noticed this service growing more and more popular over time.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Oxted can help you
Our residential property solicitors in Oxted are well versed in all areas of conveyancing and can help you to process all of the following property matters:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most major lenders, including national firms and local building societies. We understand each of their individual wants and needs when it comes to conveyancing and can use this information to optimise the service we provide you.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Oxted?
Our online conveyancing service is becoming increasingly popular, as it enables individuals to work with their conveyancer remotely, as opposed to coming into the office and meeting face to face. Many individuals prefer the convenience of such a service, but our physical offices remain open for those who wish to pop in for a meeting instead.
Our team takes the time to keep on top of the latest trends and updates in the property market, in order to give our clients the best possible service when managing their property transactions.
We assign each of our clients a direct point of contact within the team, so that questions can be answered quickly and so that you feel more comfortable with the entire process. Your point of contact will endeavour to keep you updated with the progress of your transaction and will always be happy to run through any questions or queries with you.
We have been awarded the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, an industry-recognised certification that shows we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also hold the Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, due to our excellent customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Oxted?
There are various reasons why clients choose to instruct our online conveyancers for their property transaction in Oxted:
- Our Oxted conveyancers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Oxted market. We use this information to better inform your property transaction, which gives us an edge over other local firms.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. In this day and age, cyber security is of vital importance, especially when it comes to managing legal documents and personal information. We take the time and care to ensure the relevant processes are in place that will protect your details when working with us.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Online conveyancing allows us to cut down on the admin that’s required for traditional conveyancing methods.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. By reducing admin, we reduce the resources needed to carry out our conveyancing service - that means we can provide our service for less.
- We regularly work on property transactions around the country, even transactions for clients who are on the other side of the world. We keep in touch with clients from far and wide via video conferencing software.
- We treat our online conveyancing clients just as we treat those who meet us in person. We are fully insured to carry out both methods of conveyancing.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Oxted?
Our Oxted conveyancing fees vary depending on the type of transaction that you are looking to instruct us to work on, as well as the complexity of your transaction. When you enquire about our services, we will take the time to discuss your transaction to find out a little more about your circumstances, before providing you with a tailored quote. There is no obligation to work with us at this time - we provide this information to you at this stage so that you can make an informed decision on whether or not to instruct us.
You will also be required to pay for other costs associated with the general conveyancing process, such as property checks, local area searches, and registering a property with HM Land Registry. Tax is also another cost to bear in mind, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancer will be able to confirm what tax is due and can file a return with HMRC for you.
How does the conveyancing process work in Oxted?
The three phases of conveyancing that your transaction will progress through are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
A buyer will typically make an offer on a property, which the seller can either accept, refuse, or negotiate on. Once a price is agreed upon, the two parties enter a verbal contract, with no legal ties at this point.
Solicitors are then instructed to process the transaction on behalf of both the buyer and seller. The buyer’s conveyancer will organise various checks to be carried out on the property, to highlight any issues that need to be addressed before proceeding.
These checks involve:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If the buyer is satisfied with the findings, the transaction can move into the exchange of contracts, which is where both parties agree to move forward with the transfer of ownership. At this point, both parties are legally bound to the agreement and would have to incur a financial penalty if they decided to drop out.
When the transaction completes, the original seller vacates the property, and a transfer deed is submitted by solicitors to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Oxted?
The time it takes to complete the conveyancing process is influenced by various factors, so there’s no guarantee that your transaction will take the same amount of time as another. Our years of experience in the industry lead us to believe that the most standard and straightforward of transactions take around 12-14 weeks to complete, from when an offer is agreed upon. However, some transactions do come across issues and delays, which can lengthen the time it takes to legally transfer the ownership of the property.
As your conveyancer, it’s our responsibility to keep you up to date with progress and to let you know, as soon as possible, whether delays are to be expected.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Oxted?
When buying a property in Oxted and anywhere else in the UK, you are required to have a number of checks carried out on the property, to look for any issues present that could affect the value of the property. Your conveyancer will organise the following checks to be carried out on your behalf:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Oxted?
Our residential property solicitors in Oxted will spend some time discussing your transaction to find out more about the situation, before answering any questions you have and providing a quote to you. Once you have taken the time to absorb the information and to review the quote, you can then decide whether or not you wish to work with us. If you do decide to instruct us, we will then introduce you to your account manager.