Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are looking to buy, sell or remortgage a home in Hemel Hempstead, it pays to have the support and guidance of a team of expert conveyancing solicitors on your side.
No matter what sort of property transaction you are looking to carry out, you will be well aware that there are plenty of risks that need to be carefully managed. That’s why our conveyancing solicitors in Hemel Hempstead offer tailored advice to ensure you have the right level of support at every stage.
At Bird & Co, we provide an efficient, reliable conveyancing service that makes the entire conveyancing process as straightforward as possible, removing many of the barriers that make moving homes a stressful experience. Our conveyancers have a wide range of expertise that they use to support clients from all walks of life.
We also provide a convenient online conveyancing service which allows our team to reach a wide pool of clients in and around Hemel Hempstead and the wider Hertfordshire area, including Grovehill, Adeyfield and Warner’s End.
Get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Hemel Hempstead by giving us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Hemel Hempstead can help you
Our expert conveyancing solicitors in Hemel Hempstead have a wide range of expertise, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most lenders. This means we can support your transaction whether you are working with a national firm or a local building society near Hemel Hempstead.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors near Hemel Hempstead?
We specialise in online conveyancing. This means that all of our clients can experience our solicitors’ expertise and guidance no matter where they might be. There is no need to visit us at our physical offices, unless you would like to!
Our conveyancing service is modern and efficient, which means the general process is made as straightforward as possible, no matter what sort of transaction you are looking to complete.
If you work with us, you will always have a direct line of correspondence with our team, as well as a direct email address for the solicitor who is handling your case. You can therefore be sure that you will always receive a prompt response to any questions you might have.
We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme which means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Firms are only awarded with Lexcel when they are able to frequently demonstrate the highest levels of client care and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Hemel Hempstead?
There are a number of advantages to instructing our online conveyancers in Hemel Hempstead:
- Our property lawyers in Hemel Hempstead have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Hemel Hempstead market. This gives us an edge over other firms which only deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We ensure that our clients are always kept safe whenever they use our online service by implementing secure procedures such as encrypting emails and using malware protection.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. There are a number of possible delays that can occur when work is completed in the traditional manner. These can be avoided when work is completed remotely.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Some of the costs that are associated with the traditional conveyancing process can be avoided when work is completed remotely.
- We have previously dealt with transactions around the country, even for clients on the other side of the world. We frequently use video conferencing to speak to clients, no matter where they might be.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the general conveyancing process, and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Hemel Hempstead?
Our conveyancing solicitors are able to offer fixed fees for many of our services, which means that you will have a clear idea how much your conveyancing work will cost from the outset. Additional fees are sometimes necessary to complete your work, but this will be explained in detail if it applies to your situation.
Additional costs associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Disbursements may include conveyancing searches or registering a transaction at HM Land Registry.
Tax is another element of your transaction that you will need to take into consideration. For example, you may have to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax when you buy a property. Your conveyancer will help you calculate how much is owed and help you to file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Hemel Hempstead?
There are three main stages to the conveyancing process that you should be aware of. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a property, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract. This does not mean that the transaction is legally binding yet. That will only be the case when the contracts are signed and exchanged.
The buyer will then have the chance to work with their conveyancer to carry out various checks on the property. This is done to make sure that there are no unexpected issues which need to be immediately addressed. Checks might include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once these checks have been completed and both parties are still willing to proceed, contracts will be signed and exchanged. There is no turning back from this point, as the transaction will be deemed legally binding. Pulling out of the transaction will usually incur a financial penalty.
Completion is when the transaction is deemed to be official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller needs to leave the property ready for the buyer to move in.
How long does conveyancing take in Hemel Hempstead?
Every conveyancing transaction comes its own set of unique circumstances and challenges which means that it is often difficult to precisely predict how long it will take to reach completion.
Straightforward transactions with few complications tend to take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion from the date conveyancers are instructed. However, this timeframe can be extended if there are delays, such as if there is an issue somewhere along the property chain, or a problem is raised in a conveyancing search.
Your conveyancer will always be sure to keep you informed of the progress of your transaction and whether any issues are likely to cause notable delays.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Hemel Hempstead?
If you are buying a property in Hemel Hempstead, your conveyancer will carry out various searches to ensure that everything is as it should be and that there are no issues which need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Further checks may be required, but this will depend on the type of property and where it is located. Your solicitor will let you know if this is the case at the earliest opportunity.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors near Hemel Hempstead?
Our Hemel Hempstead conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Hemel Hempstead, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors near Hemel Hempstead
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta