Buying or selling your home can be time consuming and stressful, with a lot of important legal details to get right. Dealing with your conveyancing online can save you a lot of time and disruption, avoiding the need to take time out of your busy schedule and allowing your conveyancing to fit neatly around your life.
It is now possible for the entire conveyancing process to be carried out remotely, from instructing our solicitors and carrying out property checks and searches, through to handling deposits and exchange of contracts, dealing with your mortgage provider and notifying the Land Registry of the change of ownership.
This means you need never visit your conveyancer in person – unless you want to, of course!
Our highly experienced online conveyancing solicitors regularly help people buying and selling property all over England and Wales, as well as with remortgaging, transfer of equity and all other property transactions.
We have the experience and expertise to offer a safe, reliable and efficient conveyancing service at a competitive price, making sure your transaction goes ahead smoothly and on schedule, protecting you from any potential problems now or in the future.
When you use our online conveyancing service, we offer:
- Transparent, fixed-fee conveyancing
- Your own dedicated online conveyancer (with a direct phone number & email address)
- Simple, easy-to-use case tracking software
- Strong anti-fraud protections to keep you safe
- A ‘can do’ attitude to ensure all of your needs are met
We are on the approved panel for all major mortgage lenders and are accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS). We are also fully insured, meaning you will be covered in the unlikely event anything goes wrong with your conveyancing.
What are the benefits of online conveyancing?
Doing your conveyancing online with Bird & Co offers a number of advantages, including making your conveyancing:
- Faster – Doing your conveyancing online allows for a quicker, more efficient process so your conveyancing is done sooner.
- Cheaper – You don’t need to use your local conveyancer, so can shop around for the best price combined with the right expertise and level of service.
- More convenient – You don’t need to take time out of your schedule to deal with your conveyancing.
- Easier to stay up-to-date – You can always check on the progress of your conveyancing using our simple online case tracking software and your dedicated personal conveyancer will always be available by phone and email.
- Less stressful – Doing your conveyancing online makes the process much simpler and less disruptive to your life, helping to reduce your stress at what can be a hectic time.
How does online conveyancing work?
The conveyancing process is essentially the same, whether the process is carried out online and over the phone, or whether you deal with parts of your conveyancing in person. This ensures you receive the same high-quality, detail-oriented service at all times.
However, there are a number of ways we have streamlined the conveyancing process to allow your transaction to run smoothly and efficiently online.
Getting an online conveyancing quote
You can use our simple, user-friendly online conveyancing calculator for an instant online conveyancing quote to see how much your conveyancing might cost.
Instructing our conveyancers online
Producing/reviewing the draft contracts of sale & supporting documents
Once you have instructed our conveyancers to act for you, we will contact the other party’s solicitors for you and either produce the contracts of sale (if you are the seller) or review the contracts of sale provided by the seller’s conveyancer (if you are the buyer).
We will talk through the contract documents with you and highlight any potential issues. We will raise the necessary enquiries and then negotiate any required amendments with the other party to ensure your best interests are protected.
Property checks & searches
If you are the buyer, we can arrange all of the necessary property checks and searches for you, liaising with the providers of these services on your behalf. This will typically include local authority searches, as well as various other types of searches depending on the property and location.
We offer a simple, streamlined online identity checking process, which means there is no need to visit us with your identify documents or to send the original documents in the post (as some conveyancers require).
Securing your mortgage
If you need to secure a mortgage for the property, we can review the mortgage agreement for you and advise you on other requirements, such as having the property valued and securing buildings insurance.
Signing contracts of sales
The one part of the process that cannot currently be carried out online or over the phone is signing the contracts. This is usually done by us emailing the documents for return by post but it can be done in person, whichever is more convenient for you.
Exchange of contracts
We will coordinate with the other party’s conveyancer to ensure the signed copies of the contracts are identical. Once you are ready we then exchange the contracts, at which point the sale becomes legally binding.
We will arrange a ‘completion’ date with you before exchange of contracts on which the balance of the sale price will be transferred and the house purchase will be complete.
Transfer of funds
Our conveyancers will arrange with you transferring the balance of funds from your mortgage provider or bank to the seller (or vice versa if you are the seller).
Paying Stamp Duty
We will deal with paying the Stamp Duty Land Tax due on the property for you, handling the transfer of funds to HMRC.
Registering change of ownership
Changes to the Land Registration Rules mean that we can now register the change of ownership of a property online, usually making this key part of the process much faster. Once this is completed we will send a copy to you.
Where relevant we will also send a copy of the title deeds to your mortgage lender, who will hold them until the mortgage is paid off.
Can conveyancing be done online?
Every part of your conveyancing can be handled online except for signing the contracts and any deeds that are required. Even these can be sent to you by email to save time.
We are also happy to speak to you over the phone, via email or text and (where necessary) video messaging or in person if you would prefer.
This means we can offer the same high quality, reliable conveyancing service for property anywhere in England or Wales, no matter where you are based in the UK or worldwide.
How much does online conveyancing cost?
One of the big advantages of doing your conveyancing online is that is often less expensive due to the lower overheads involved and because you can shop further afield for the best deal.
The exact cost of your conveyancing will depend on various factors, including the type of transaction, type and value of the property, any third-party fees and other issues.
We aim to provide fair, transparent online conveyancing quotes for all of our work, so you have a clear idea of exactly how much your conveyancing will cost and what is included for that price.
For an instant online conveyancing quote from an experienced property solicitor, please use the simple conveyancing calculator on our conveyancing homepage.
How safe is online conveyancing?
A key part of our online conveyancing service is to keep you and your money safe at all times. We have a number of robust internal measures in place to prevent conveyancing fraud and go through a variety of checks at different points in the process to make sure your money is protected at all times.
Find out more about staying safe with online conveyancing.
Why choose Bird & Co for online conveyancing in England & Wales?
There are a number of reasons why Bird & Co is one of the leading providers of online conveyancing for English and Welsh property, including:
- We handle residential property of all types across England and Wales – including in London, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Cardiff and other competitive markets.
- We have decades of experience handling all types of property transactions – so can ensure a smooth, proactive and reliable conveyancing service whatever your needs.
- We offer a friendly, approachable and personal service – with a dedicated online conveyancer in the UK to handle your entire transaction who you can contact at any time via email or on their dedicated phone number.
- We offer free, easy-to-use online case tracking – so you can instantly check the progress of your transaction anywhere, at any time.
- We are accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS) – recognising our high level of expertise and skills in dealing with residential property.
- We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) – providing assurance that we continually meet the highest legal and professional standards.
- We are fully insured – so in the unlikely event anything goes wrong with your conveyancing, you will be completely covered.
Want to find out more about our conveyancing team? Please take a look at our people.
Speak to our online conveyancing solicitors now
To find out more about how we can handle your conveyancing online for property anywhere in England and Wales, or to get an instant online conveyancing quote, please speak to a member of our team now by calling 01636 600656, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or filling out our conveyancing quote form.