Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
When the time comes for you to buy, sell or remortgage a property in Rickmansworth, you will no doubt want a supportive local conveyancing team on hand to help you through the process.
Our Rickmansworth property solicitors are available to guide you through your transaction. With years of experience in conveyancing and a wealth of knowledge of the local property market, we are equipped with the skills needed to minimise risk and process your transaction as efficiently as possible.
We take pride in delivering a quality service for anyone who needs it. We make sure our clients are kept up to date with every step of their case. If you decide to work with us, rest assured we will be more than happy to answer any of your questions before working together and along the way.
If you live outside of Rickmansworth, no problem. Our online conveyancing service enables us to work with clients from far and wide. We regularly work with property buyers and owners across Rickmansworth and further afield, too.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Rickmansworth can help you
Our specialist residential property solicitors in Rickmansworth have years of experience in dealing with property transactions both locally and nationally. We can assist with the following conveyancing matters:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are known by the biggest lenders in the UK and because we regularly work with these organisations, we understand their processes through and through. As such, we can advise on the best process for your individual transaction.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Rickmansworth?
We are a specialist property solicitors firm, which means the vast majority of our skills are centred around property transactions and the processes involved. At Bird & Co, we have handled all manners of property-related cases, so you can expect the very best level of service when working with us.
We have worked with countless clients across the country and internationally, too. No case is too big or request too small for our team and we are happy to assist anyone who needs the help of an experienced conveyancing team.
Whether you choose to work with us face to face or through our online conveyancing service, you can expect to be kept up to date with the progress of your case and in a way that is easy to understand. We know just how frustrating it can be when you are not kept in the loop, especially for something as important as a property transaction, so we will make sure this doesn’t happen.
We are recognised by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, an authoritative seal of approval and assurance that our team will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have also been awarded the Lexcel Legal Practice Quality Mark by the Law Society, which demonstrates our high level of standard in terms of client care, case management and people management, to name a few.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Rickmansworth?
There’s no doubt you will have come across countless conveyancing firms during your search, but here’s why you should consider Bird & Co’s solicitors in Rickmansworth:
- We have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Rickmansworth and Hertfordshire market. We can apply this knowledge and experience to process your own transaction in the best way for you.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Online security measures are of vital importance in this day and age, especially when it comes to something as important as legal documents, personal data and other sensitive information. We always have security at the forefront of our service.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We will communicate with you throughout the entire process and take care of each stage of the process as quickly as possible, to make sure your transaction completes as soon as it is able to.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective If you choose to use our online conveyancing service, you can skip some of the costs associated with more traditional conveyancing methods, and so our working together will be cheaper for you overall.
- We work with clients both locally and nationally, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We have the technology and processes in place to be able to effectively communicate with you, wherever you may be.
- We treat our online conveyancing clients in the same, respectful manner that we treat our face-to-face clients. The service level remains the same and we are fully insured to handle all manners of conveyancing.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Rickmansworth?
We offer a competitive price against other conveyancing fees in Rickmansworth. Our service fees are flexible and the quote we give you will depend on the requirements of your own individual transaction. We will be happy to give you a quote when you get in touch with us, and we will detail the services involved in this cost. We will always aim to give you an exact quote ahead of our working with you, but where additional fees may be required, we will notify you in advance.
Alongside our service fees, we will also inform you of any disbursements, that is, other costs associated with the general conveyancing process. Disbursements include costs such as property searches and HM Land Registry processes.
Some property transactions will also be required to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax, which we can notify you of during our time working together.
How does the conveyancing process work in Rickmansworth?
The typical conveyancing process consists of:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a seller accepts an offer, a verbal contract is entered. It isn’t until the exchange of contracts that the agreement is legally binding.
There are various checks involved in the general conveyancing process. These include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, most risks involved with the transaction have been identified and, where possible, minimised. Both parties, once happy, can go ahead and exchange contracts. Should either party wish to pull out of the agreement beyond this point, a financial penalty will be incurred.
Sometime after the exchange of contracts, completion will take place. This is when the transaction reaches a close and a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Rickmansworth?
Every property transaction is different and the time it takes to complete one could differ entirely from the time it takes to complete another. On average, we expect a typical translation to take between 12 and 14 weeks from the initial offer acceptance.
Bear in mind that in some cases, delays happen and it’s vital that time is taken to rectify any issues with your transaction as opposed to rushing the process along. At Bird & Co, we promise to keep you abreast of any delays, explain why the delay has occurred and discuss the next steps with you.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Rickmansworth?
At Bird & Co, we will carry out the following conveyancing searches during your transaction:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Should any additional checks be required, we will notify you in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Rickmansworth?
Our Rickmansworth property solicitors will be happy to explain our processes to you, answer any of your questions and provide any additional information required to help you make the decision of whether or not to work with us. Once you have instructed our team to work on your transaction, we will get started right away.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Rickmansworth
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta