Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell or remortgage, our conveyancing team in Tring can be the helping hand you need for all matters surrounding property transactions. With a high level of combined experience between us, you can assure that your case is being handled by experts.
Complexities are common when carrying out a property transaction, and that’s why it’s extremely important to have accurate support. Our team will handle all legal matters and complexities that might arise, so the process is smooth and as stress-free as possible.
Our conveyancing team will be able to guide you through the process and answer any queries you might have. Over the years, we have dealt with many different cases, from those more complex to ones more straightforward. No matter your circumstances, we will provide clear, accurate advice that you can fully trust.
For our clients who are unable to reach our offices in person or are more comfortable receiving our services remotely, we offer a fast and efficient online conveyancing service.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Tring can help you
We have a range of conveyancing services that we can help our clients with, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are fortunate to work alongside various lenders, from larger national firms to smaller local building societies. No matter who you choose as your lender, we can assist you with your property transaction.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Tring?
Whilst we still offer our traditional conveyancing route, we can now help the wider community from further afield remotely using our online conveyancing services, even if you are across the world. No matter which route you pick, we will be happy to assist you.
Like most things, conveyancing moves forward with the times. We make sure that we maintain a modern approach by keeping up to date with the latest news and trends regarding the industry. This means our services are always top quality and accurate for your satisfaction.
Communication is important not only to us but to our clients too. That’s why we ensure when we work alongside you, you are always kept in the loop. We will assign you a case manager who will oversee your transaction, and they will be your direct contact should you have any queries.
We are proud of the recognition we have received for our conveyancing services. Not only are we rated excellent on Trustpilot by clients we have helped in the past, but we are also accredited twice by the Law Society. We have the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which shows our clients that we will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited, demonstrating our outstanding services and the management of our practice.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Tring?
- Whilst like many other local firms, we know the Tring property market extremely well. But unlike the other firms, we have the upper hand by having in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- Protection is key in this industry, and our client’s private information is extremely important. Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind for their protection. We do this by using encrypted emails and having protection software in place.
- Online conveyancing removes additional steps that are required with traditional conveyancing. This means we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Without these additional steps, there is no need for extra resources meaning online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- We frequently contact our clients remotely using video conferencing software, even with clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Whether you choose the traditional or online conveyancing route, our legal obligations will not change, and we are fully insured for our client’s reassurance and protection.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Tring?
As we deliver a range of conveyancing services for our clients, our fees are flexible and will depend on the type of property transaction you ask us to manage. Where it is a simple transaction, we will be able to offer fixed fees, meaning you will precisely know the costs you can expect to pay once it is complete.
Additional fees are often required alongside our services in order to complete the transaction, and these are known as disbursements and often are for registering the property at HM Land Registry or conveyancing searches. If this applies to your situation, your conveyancing solicitor will inform you.
Tax often affects many transactions, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Should this apply to your transaction, your solicitor will assist with calculating what is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Tring?
There are three main stages when it comes to the conveyancing process, these include:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contract
When the buyer makes an offer that is accepted, both parties enter into a verbal agreement. This is not yet legally binding, and they can withdraw without consequences.
Once the buyer finds a conveyancing solicitor, they can start doing the property checks and searches. Some of the checks include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once all the checks are done and both parties are happy to move forward with the transaction, the contracts can be signed and exchanged, making the transaction legally binding. Neither party can withdraw without facing a penalty.
Once the transaction is complete, the transfer deed can be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the buyer can move into their new property.
How long does conveyancing take in Tring?
Having worked with many property transactions over the years, we have come to the belief that the average transaction period is between 12 and 14 weeks. This does not apply to every single transaction; each one comes with its own complexities, which could delay the process.
If your transaction is delayed, your conveyancing lawyer will update you and let you know what your options are moving forward.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Tring?
Property searches and checks are done to ensure that are no immediate issues that need to be addressed. The three main types of conveyancing searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Occasionally further checks need to be done. If this applies to the property in question, your Tring conveyancing solicitor will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Tring?
Once you decide to continue your property transaction with us, we will assign a case manager, and they will contact you to talk through the process step by step and answer any questions you may have.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Tring
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta