Conveyancing Solicitors in Redhill
We have a team of conveyancing solicitors in Redhill who are ready to assist you with your own property sale, purchase or remortgage.
As exciting as the prospect of buying or selling a property can be, there are various steps that legally need to be carried out, to protect both you and the other parties involved. We can take care of the entire legal process while you look forward to the completion of your transaction.
Our entire team is committed to providing clients with a simple, honest and reliable conveyancing service, through and through. We keep clients up to date with all the latest goings on in their case and we are happy to answer any questions you have throughout the entire process.
We are always looking for ways in which to make our conveyancing services even more accessible, which is what led us to launching our online conveyancing service. With this online platform, we can assist clients remotely, which opens up the potential for us to work with clients from far and wide.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Redhill can help you
We are qualified to work on all manners of conveyancing, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have experience of working with many major lenders, from national firms to local building societies. We can tailor our services to your individual transaction, based on who you are borrowing from.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Redhill?
Our unique online conveyancing services allows us to support clients across the country, without the need for face to face appointments (which are still available to anyone who wants one). As a client, you will receive the same quality level of service with our online conveyancing as you would with our traditional methods of conveyancing.
We are always working on improving our knowledge and keeping up to date with the most recent trends in the property market. As such, you can expect an expert, modern service from our team.
We keep the conveyancing process simple, straightforward, and stress-free for our clients. We strive to minimise risk and delays as much as humanly possible, and we will always be honest and upfront with you.
You will have access to an individual case manager at Bird & Co, who will deal with all elements of your property transaction and who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
We have received an accreditation from the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which demonstrates our ability to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have also been awarded the Lexcel accreditation by the Law Society, and we are rated excellent on Trustpilot by many of our past clients.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Redhill?
There are various reasons why our clients choose to instruct our online conveyancers over other firms, including:
- We have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market and of the local Redhill property market. This knowledge better equips us to handle various property transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. It is of paramount importance to us that we keep your legal documents and sensitive information safe and secure online. We put the necessary steps in place to ensure this.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With our remote, online service, we can cut out some of the steps required with traditional conveyancing, which cuts down the time it takes for us to process your transaction.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer steps or resources required, we are able to reduce the charges for our clients.
- We regularly work on transactions for clients locally and nationally, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Thanks to video conferencing tools, we can easily keep in touch with clients from far and wide.
- Our obligations remain the same for both our online and traditional clients and we are fully insured to carry out our service both ways.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Redhill?
We have a fixed fee for the more straightforward transactions that we work on. When we are approached with a transaction that requires additional time or resources, we will be upfront and honest about additional charges associated with this work.
Disbursements are another type of cost associated with conveyancing, which cover conveyancing searches and registering a property with HM Land Registry.
You may also be required to pay tax on your property transaction, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. If you are required to pay tax for your property transaction, we will inform you ahead of time and we will calculate the amount owed before filing a return with HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Redhill?
The three main stages of the conveyancing process are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When someone searching for a property to purchase finds one that they are interested in, they will make an initial offer to the seller. After some negotiation, an offer may be accepted, at which point the two parties enter an agreement. The agreement is not legally binding at this stage.
Once an offer is accepted, both parties are required to instruct a solicitor of their choosing. The buyer, along with their solicitor, will carry out a number of checks on the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
These checks will look for any issues or risks associated with the transaction, ahead of the two parties entering a legally binding agreement. This happens at the point at which contracts are exchanged and if either party wishes to pull out, they will receive a financial penalty.
Completion of the property transaction takes place after contracts are exchanged and once both parties are in a position to carry out the property transfer. At this point, the seller will be required to vacate the property and a transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Redhill?
Standard conveyancing transactions take between 12 and 14 weeks, on average. However, delays can and do happen, which we here at Bird & Co Solicitors try our very best to minimise. If delays are unavoidable, we will let you know in plenty of time, as well as what we are doing to minimise the delay and any issues that may come with it.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Redhill?
When buying a property in Redhill, your chosen conveyancer will be required to carry out a variety of searches during the property transaction. These searches will look for any potential issues or risks associated with the property that need to be addressed ahead of exchange.
The main conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
When additional checks are required as part of your property transaction, we will let you know ahead of time.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Redhill?
Our residential property solicitors in Redhill will be happy to detail the steps involved with your property transaction, as well as answering any questions you have. If you choose to instruct Bird & Co to represent you throughout the process, we will set up your file straight away.