Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
When it comes to buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Plymouth, you will need expert conveyancers on your side to make sure that the process is as straightforward as possible.
Moving homes is an exciting venture, but there are plenty of potential pitfalls which could derail the entire process. Our conveyancing team can make sure that you avoid those pitfalls, using their wealth of combined experience to carefully guide you through your case.
At Bird & Co, we offer a tailored conveyancing service that is easily accessible for all of our clients, no matter what their circumstances are. Our team can walk you through the entire conveyancing process, being on hand to answer any questions you might have.
We are also able to offer a fast and efficient online conveyancing service, helping to make the process even more simple. This means that we can reach a wide pool of clients across Plymouth and the wider Devon area, including Efford, Milehouse and Southway.
To get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Plymouth, give us a call, or get a quote online and a member of our team will be in touch with you very shortly.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Plymouth can help you
Our expert team of conveyancing solicitors in Plymouth have a wide range of expertise, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are also on the panel for most major lenders. This means that we can support you no matter who you are working with – be it a national firm or a local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Plymouth?
At Bird & Co, we specialise in online conveyancing. This means that we can guide you through the conveyancing process remotely, without the need for you to visit us at our offices.
The conveyancing service we offer is modern and efficient, designed to make each step as simple as possible. We will always be forthright with our advice, keeping you in the loop at all times.
When you work us, you will have the benefit of being in direct correspondence with our team. You will be provided with a direct email address for the solicitor who is handling your case, meaning that you will receive a prompt answer to any questions you ask us.
As a firm, we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is only awarded to firms that frequently demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Plymouth?
There are a number of benefits to instructing our conveyancers:
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Plymouth market. This gives us an edge over other firms which only deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communications in mind. We ensure that our clients are fully protected when they use our online conveyancing service. We do this by carrying out secure procedures like encrypting emails, securing our devices and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. As the entire conveyancing process can be carried out remotely, there are fewer potential delays to worry about.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Traditional conveyancing work often incurs various additional costs. These can be avoided when work is completed remotely.
- We have previously dealt with transactions around the country, even for clients on the other side of the world. We are able to stay in touch with our clients, no matter where they might be, using video conferencing.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the general conveyancing process and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Plymouth?
We are able to offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work in Plymouth., including fixed fees for straightforward work. There may be occasions where additional fees are required to complete your transactions. if this is likely to be the case, we will let you know at the earliest opportunity so we can talk you through your options.
Other costs associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Examples of disbursements could include registering the property with HM Land Registry or conveyancing searches.
You may also need to consider how your transaction will be affected by tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancer can help to clarify whether this is the case, calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Plymouth?
There are usually three main stages to the conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a home, the buyer and seller will agree to enter into a contract. Note that, until the contracts are signed and exchanged, the transaction is not legally binding and either party can choose to pull out.
The buyer will then carry out a number of checks with the help of their conveyancer. Checks could include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If needed, the buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Once the property checks have been completed and both parties are happy to proceed, contracts will be signed and exchanged. This is the point at which the transaction is legally binding and there is no turning back for either party.
Completion is where the transaction becomes official. A transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will need to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Plymouth?
The time it takes to complete a property transaction will depend on a number of different factors. Under normal circumstances, you can expect a conveyancing transaction to take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion, but this time frame can often change at a moment’s notice.
Sometimes, delays are out of our control, such as issues further along the property chain. If it appears as though it will take longer than expected to reach completion, your conveyancer will keep you informed and talk you through the options at your disposal.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Plymouth?
If you are buying a property in Plymouth, then your conveyancer will need to carry out a number of checks.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Further checks might be needed, depending on the type of property and where it is located. If this is the case, your solicitor will keep you informed.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Plymouth?
First, fill in our conveyancing quote form for conveyancing in Plymouth and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
Our Plymouth conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Plymouth, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Plymouth
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta