Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Here at Bird & Co, we have a fantastic team of conveyancing lawyers in Rayleigh who can assist clients with a wide variety of property related matters. Our responsibility is to process your transaction from start to finish and with as few hiccups as possible along the way.
Our Rayleigh solicitors have years of combined experience working in the world of conveyancing. They will be able to offer you a seamless service and will happily keep you up to date with things along the way. All that’s left for you to do is look forward to the day your transaction completes.
We strive to provide a service that’s as accessible to one person as it is to another. If you have any questions ahead of choosing whether or not to work with our solicitors, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team.
Alongside our traditional conveyancing service, we also offer an online conveyancing service. Together, these two services allow us to work with a vast range of clients across Essex and the country.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Rayleigh can help you
Our specialist residential property solicitors in Rayleigh are on hand to offer services for a variety of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have experience working with a variety of the major lenders, including national firms and building societies. We are happy to tailor the service we offer you in a way that will work best with the processes of your lender.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Rayleigh?
Our online conveyancing service is unique to what’s offered by other local Rayleigh conveyancers. It allows us to work with those who live in the local area and those who live further away who wish to move to Rayleigh. It also means that clients have the option to work with us remotely if they are uncomfortable coming to the office.
Honesty and reliability lies at the heart of our conveyancing services. Each of our Rayleigh conveyancers is dedicated to providing a simple and straightforward service.
We provide all of our clients with the contact details of their own dedicated case manager. Your case manager will keep you updated with the goings on of your transaction from the very start until the very end. Any questions you have can be directed to your case manager who will be more than happy to help.
We are delighted to hold a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, an industry recognition of our commitment to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also hold a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, and we are rated excellent on Trustpilot by many of our past clients, which we are very appreciative of.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Rayleigh?
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider instructing our online conveyancers in Rayleigh:
- They have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market and of the local Rayleigh property market too. This extensive knowledge gives our property solicitors an edge over many other local firms.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. It is of paramount importance to us that we provide a safe and secure service to each of our clients. With the help of encrypted emails, secure devices and up to date malware protection, we can keep your documents and sensitive information protected.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. There are additional steps required to effectively carry out our online conveyancing services.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer steps required to complete your property transaction, we are able to reduce the costs associated with our online conveyancing fees.
- Our online conveyancing services have allowed us to work with clients across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- We maintain the same legal obligations to our online conveyancing clients as with our traditional conveyancing clients. We are fully insured to carry out both processes.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Rayleigh?
Our typical conveyancing services come with a fixed fee, as the work we are required to carry out for these transactions typically involves the same amount of resources as one another. For more complex property transactions, we will be honest and upfront about any additional charges associated with the process.
Many property transactions involve additional costs, known as disbursements. Disbursements is the term used for the likes of conveyancing searches and property registration with HM Land Registry, for example.
Tax is another additional cost associated with many property transactions, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax for a buyer or Capital Gains Tax for a seller. As your conveyancers, we will be able to let you know if you will be required to pay tax as part of your property transaction, as well as how much you will owe.
How does the conveyancing process work in Rayleigh?
The conveyancing process is typically made up of three stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When a buyer makes an offer to a seller that is accepted, the two parties enter a verbal agreement. The agreement does not become legally binding until the exchange of contracts.
Both parties are required to instruct a solicitor to carry out the legal elements of the process on their behalf. Once instructed, the buyer and their solicitor will go ahead and carry out a number of checks:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If the checks come back fine and everyone is happy to proceed, then contracts are signed and then exchanged. At this point in the process, the transaction is legally binding and neither party can pull out without incurring a financial penalty.
After exchange of contracts comes the completion of the transaction. At this stage, solicitors will submit a transfer deed to HM Land Registry, the two parties will arrange the exchange of keys, and the seller will be required to move out of the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Rayleigh?
Every property exchange has a different timeline and this timeline is influenced by many factors outside of our control. We have worked on countless property transactions and our experience tells us that the average conveyancing transaction takes between 12 and 14 weeks to complete, from the day that solicitors are instructed.
Of course, if external factors cause delays, the timeline could be longer. We will always keep you up to date with the goings on and inform you if a delay is to be expected.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Rayleigh?
A number of checks are required, if you’re planning on buying a property in Rayleigh. Your conveyancer will organise these checks on your behalf and will provide you with a report of the findings.
The standard conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional searches are required. If that happens to be the case with your own specific property transaction, we will let you know as soon as we know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Rayleigh?
Our Rayleigh property solicitors are available to answer any questions and provide as much information as you need to make an informed choice on whether to work with us. If you decide to go ahead with Bird & Co, we will make a start on your conveyancing by setting up a file, assigning a case manager and gathering the initial details we require from you.
We’re here to help and we look forward to supporting you with your sale or purchase of a property in Rayleigh.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Rayleigh
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta