Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Purfleet-on-Thames, also known as Purfleet, has become a sought after location over the years amongst those wishing to escape city life while still enjoying a short, 40-minute journey into the capital.
If you’re a property buyer or seller planning to enter a property transaction in Purfleet-on-Thames, our lovely team of conveyancers can help. We’re able to manage the entire process for you, while reducing the risks involved and completing the transaction in as short a time as possible.
We keep the process simple, making sure to keep you up to date at all times in a way that’s easy to follow. What’s more, you can choose the best way to work with us, whether that’s meeting us in our offices or communicating with us remotely. We have an online conveyancing service that we have found to be the best solution for many of our past clients.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Purfleet-on-Thames can help you
We have worked on many types of property transactions in Purfleet-on-Thames, and we have no doubt we’ll be able to help you. Our services cover but are not limited to:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have experience working with a whole host of lenders, including national firms and local buildings close to the Purfleet-on-Thames area. We can offer advice, guidance and tailor our services to you depending on who you choose to borrow from.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Purfleet-on-Thames?
Our online conveyancing service is unique and not something that many conveyancing firms offer. It means we can help individuals who do not yet live in Purfleet-on-Thames but want to move there, as well as locals of Purfleet-on-Thames who may not be able to visit our offices for one reason or another.
Every member of our residential property team is honest, friendly and reliable. We want to make the process easy to understand and enjoyable at the same time.
Our past customers have rated our services as excellent on Trustpilot, and we strive to uphold that reputation. We are also recognised by the industry body, the Law Society, for our high-quality services and commitment to customer service.
We hold the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which means we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Purfleet-on-Thames?
There are multiple benefits to instructing our online conveyancers over another firm in Purfleet-on-Thames, some of which we have listed below:
- Our Purfleet-on-Thames residential property solicitors have an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Purfleet-on-Thames market. We can use this knowledge and experience to benefit your transaction.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We cover all areas to make sure your personal details and information about your property transaction remain strictly confidential.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We can cut out certain steps involved in the traditional conveyancing process when we carry out your property transaction online.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. With fewer resources required to complete your transaction, we can offer our online conveyancing services at a reduced cost to that of more traditional services.
- We have been lucky enough to work with clients on property transactions across the country and even for clients who are on the other side of the world. Our online conveyancing tools allow us to do this.
- However you choose to work with, rest assured we are fully insured and covered to carry out your property transaction.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Purfleet-on-Thames?
We tend to provide fixed service fees for clients who approach us with what we believe to be standard property transactions. However, for those clients who approach us with a transaction that appears to be a little more complex, we will be happy to provide a tailored quote for our services.
We will also advise on additional costs likely to be involved with your property transaction, including the cost of conveyancing searches and how much tax will be due.
How does the conveyancing process work in Purfleet-on-Thames?
The three key points in any property sale or purchase are as follows:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Two parties enter a verbal agreement when the seller of the property accepts an offer made by a buyer. Solicitors are then instructed to manage the process from the point onwards.
The buyer’s appointed solicitors will work on a number of checks on the property to assess its current condition and to ensure it is worth the amount the buyer is offering to the seller. These checks typically cover:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If the checks come back without any issues, the two parties can each sign and exchange contracts, where the agreement becomes legally binding and with financial penalties in place, should either party pull out of the agreement.
The final stage in the process is completion, which occurs as soon as all documentation has been taken care of and when the two parties are in a position to finalise the agreement. At this point, the seller will vacate the property, and the buyer’s solicitor will organise a transfer deed to be sent to HM Land Registry. The property is now their own.
How long does conveyancing take in Purfleet-on-Thames?
We have many clients ask us how long we think their property transaction will take to complete, and, unfortunately, we can only provide estimates so as to not upset anyone if the transaction takes longer to process.
There are so many influencing factors that can lengthen the time it takes to complete, many of which are outside a conveyancer’s control. What we can say is that the most standard of transactions usually takes around 13 weeks to complete.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Purfleet-on-Thames?
Not only will your conveyancer carry out a number of searches on the property itself, but they will also research the local area and land to uncover any potential risks in that respect. These searches typically include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, further checks are required, and if this happens to be the case with your own transaction, your conveyancer will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Purfleet-on-Thames?
We are a friendly bunch, and we are more than happy to answer any questions you have and to provide more detail on our services to help you make an informed decision. If you do decide we’re the right conveyancers for you, we will be very happy to get things set up and started right away.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Purfleet-on-Thames
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta