Conveyancing Solicitors in Laindon
If you want to pursue a property transaction in Laindon or the surrounding area, our conveyancing solicitors could be the support you need for a smooth and stress-free transaction.
Any property transaction can be an exciting time in a person’s life, but it can also prove to be stressful. We believe the transaction should be a joyful moment without any pressure on the parties involved. That’s why we will handle all the legalities. We will support you throughout the process, provide clear and trusted advice whether your case is more complex or straightforward.
At Bird & Co, our Laindon conveyancing solicitors will always be on hand to assist with each step of the process, as well as answer any queries that you may have about it.
We offer a quick and convenient online conveyancing service, which allows us to reach a large pool of clients across Laindon, Basildon, Chelmsford, Romford and even globally.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Laindon can help you
Our Laindon conveyancers can assist with property matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We work alongside a variety of lenders, from national firms to smaller local building societies. This means we can support you no matter who you choose.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Laindon?
We recognise the importance of legal advice and assistance and believe it should be available no matter where you are located in the world. That’s why we are proud of the online conveyancing service we offer.
Many firms do not offer the same specialist service. It provides us with a unique position as we are able to assist our clients using video conferencing platforms and provide benefits that aren’t possible with the traditional conveyancing route.
Our client’s happiness and satisfaction with the service we provide is extremely important to us. That’s why when we pursue a case, we will provide you with an individual case manager who will closely handle your matter, as well as being on hand for direct contact should you ever need to get in touch us with a query.
We are proud to be recognised for our outstanding service by the Law Society. We have accreditation from the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme and Lexcel. These recognitions demonstrate that we will always aim to do the following:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Laindon?
- Alongside knowing the local Laindon and surrounding areas property market well, our conveyancing solicitors have in-depth knowledge of the national property market. This is something our firm can offer, which many other local firms cannot do.
- The protection of our clients is extremely important to us, so our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We do this by always using encrypted emails and having software security in place.
- With traditional conveyancing, there are extra steps to consider, such as documents needing to be hand signed and delivered. With online conveyancing, these steps aren’t needed; that’s why we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- With the extra steps removed, additional costs are not necessary. That’s why online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- We have dealt with clients in all areas across the UK, even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Despite online and traditional conveyancing being slightly different, our legal obligations always stay the same, and for our client’s reassurance, we are fully insured.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Laindon?
For the conveyancing work we offer in Laindon we have a range of flexible fees. For simpler cases, we tend to provide fixed fees, which means the buyer will have an exact idea of what costs they will be paying.
Sometimes additional costs are necessary for the transaction. These are known as disbursements, which in the conveyancing process could be the registration of the property at HM Land Registry or other conveyancing searches. If this is the case, your solicitor will explain the reasoning.
In certain circumstances, a property transaction can be affected by tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. If this applies to your situation, your conveyancing lawyer will assist in the calculation of what is owed and help file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Laindon?
There are three main stages to the conveyancing process, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contract
Upon acceptance of an offer, the parties involved agree to enter a contract. At the current stage, the contract is not yet legally binding because it has not been signed and exchanged. This means that either party could retract without facing any penalties.
The next step of the process is for the conveyancing solicitor and the buyer to carry out several checks on the property and surrounding area. Some of the checks could include:
- Reviewing information regarding the property provided by the seller
- Making further enquiries regarding the property
- Carrying out conveyancing property searches
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The property buyer may choose to apply for their mortgage at this time.
Once all the checks are complete and the buyer is happy to pursue forward, the contract can be signed and exchanged. This means it is legally binding, and penalties will be issued if either party retracts from the sale.
When the transaction is official, the property transaction is complete. The transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the buyer can move into their new property.
How long does conveyancing take in Laindon?
Each property will vary in time frame, and different factors will affect the time it takes to reach completion. If it is a straightforward property transaction, then the likely time it will take is between 12 and 14 weeks. Anything more complex could take considerably longer to process.
Should there be a delay with completion, your solicitor will keep you informed and advise you on the next steps.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Laindon?
When purchasing a home, there are some main searches and checks that need to be carried out to see the safety of the property. These will include:
- Local authority checks – the properties surrounding area will be checked for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – the surrounding area will be checked for flood or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – Matters such as access to drainage and water will be checked
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Laindon?
When you decide you want to pursue with our conveyancing services, we will directly contact you to discuss what each step will entail and to answer any queries you may initially have. Once confirmed and you are satisfied with how it will go, we will officially start the process.