Conveyancing Solicitors in Bishop's Stortford
If you are thinking about buying, selling or remortgaging a property in the local area, our conveyancers in Bishop’s Stortford can certainly help.
We can take care of the legal elements of your property transaction, so that all that’s left for you to do is sit back, relax and look forward to your sale or purchase coming through. Our local knowledge combined with years of legal experience allow us to deliver a reliable conveyancing service to each of our clients in the area.
It’s our aim to ensure you receive a straightforward and supportive service from our team. We want to make conveyancing as accessible to everyone as possible and we endeavour to make your time working with us as pleasant as possible.
If you’re looking for an online conveyancing service, look no further! Our digital service allows us to work with clients both locally and nationally and we provide the same level of service to our online clients as we do to those who visit one of our offices.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Bishop’s Stortford can help you
Our conveyancers in Bishop’s Stortford are able to offer legal advice and support in the following areas:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Our years of experience have seen us work with many of the major lenders, including national firms and local building societies. Rest assured that we understand individual processes and can tailor our conveyancing services in a way that works best with you and your lender.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Bishop’s Stortford?
We are unique to many other local conveyancers in Bishop’s Stortford in that we offer a specialist digital conveyancing service. This equips us with the resources to assist clients both locally and nationally. Whether you would simply prefer to manage the process online, or you live further afield and are planning to move to Bishop’s Stortford, there are many reasons why you might find this feature useful.
Each of our clients is assigned a case manager, who will manage the majority of your transaction and will be the go-to person for any questions you have along the way. We won’t treat you as a case number but as a person and as such, your case will be handled with the utmost care.
Our care and attention has been recognised by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This accreditation means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We have also been awarded the Law Society’s Lexcel accreditation, which demonstrates our superb customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Bishop’s Stortford?
Here are just a few of the reasons why you might consider working with our team:
- Our in-depth knowledge of the national property market and of the local Bishop’s Stortford area is unrivalled.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. You can rest assured that we take the necessary steps to keep your legal documents and your private information safe and secure.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. Our ability to manage your case online means there are fewer areas where your transaction could be delayed.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. You can look forward to reduced conveyancing fees when working with us via our digital service.
- We are able to work with clients both locally and nationally, even for clients who are on the other side of the world, thanks to video conferencing technology.
- We provide the same legal service to our digital clients as those we meet in person.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Bishop’s Stortford?
We offer a fixed cost for our standard conveyancing services. In some cases, there may be additional work required to complete a particular property transaction and if that happens to be the case for your own transaction, we will let you know in advance of working with you.
On top of our service fees, you will also be required to fund disbursements, which are additional costs associated with property transactions. An example of a disbursement is the property searches that need to be carried out. We will inform you of any disbursements you will be required to pay as part of your property transaction.
Many property transactions also require some form of tax to be paid, such as Capital Gains Tax or Stamp Duty Land Tax. As part of our service, we will calculate the amount you will owe and what tax you are required to pay. We will also file your tax return with HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Bishop’s Stortford?
The main components of a typical conveyancing process are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
The exchange of contracts is the point that you legally enter a contract with the buyer or seller of the property.
Various checks are required as part of the conveyancing process. We regularly carry out the following checks on behalf of our clients:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
We keep our clients up to date with the progress and findings of each of the conveyancing searches. If you are happy with the findings and wish to proceed with the transaction, we can assist you with the signing and exchanging of contracts. From this point, you are legally tied to the sale or purchase and face a financial penalty if you choose to drop out.
We also assist with the completion of the property transaction, including the submission of the transfer deed to HM Land Registry.
How long does conveyancing take in Bishop’s Stortford?
The average property transaction takes between 12 and 14 weeks from the instruction of a solicitor to the day you receive or release the keys. As with many other situations, the process can be longer or shorter depending on various factors. We always aim to complete transactions for our clients in as short a time as possible, while ensuring all service expectations are delivered at the same time.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Bishop’s Stortford?
Searches are a standard step in the general conveyancing process, no matter what property you’re buying or where. Searches typically involve:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
If we believe that further checks and searches are required, we will let you know in advance.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Bishop’s Stortford?
Our property solicitors in Bishop’s Stortford will be happy to listen to the details of your transaction and answer any questions you have before you decide whether or not to instruct us.
Our conveyancers are friendly, honest, approachable, and look forward to working with each and every client.