Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
We have a team of conveyancing solicitors in Hitchin who have years of experience in both the local and national property market. They are available to assist anyone planning to buy, sell or remortgage a property in Hitchin.
At Bird & Co Solicitors, it’s our aim to provide a high-quality conveyancing service to each and every client. We have up to date knowledge and the essential experience required to see your property transaction through from start to finish, with as few issues as possible.
We are on hand to advise, support and guide you through the process, from reviewing and explaining contracts, carrying out and analysing searches, limiting risk to processing legal documentation.
Not only can we liaise with you face to face, we also have a popular online conveyancing service which many of our clients prefer to use. Not only does this provide a fast and secure service, it also means we can work with clients from far and wide.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Hitchin can help you
We offer a whole host of conveyancing services, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have a close working relationship with many lenders, including national firms and local building societies. We understand their processes and as such, we can offer a tailored and streamlined approach to your property transaction, based on the lender you opt for.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Hitchin?
We offer an exceptional level of service to each of our clients. Our conveyancing services are completely accessible to anyone and everyone who wishes to use them, and we can tailor our approach to best suit the wants and needs of your own transaction. All of this and more has led clients to rate us as excellent on Trustpilot.
Our residential property solicitors in Hitchin know the local area like the back of their hand. They understand the current market, its ebbs and flows, and can apply this knowledge to your own individual transaction. They’re a friendly bunch and will be happy to offer honest, practical advice and guidance along the way.
We will provide you with the name and details of your case manager, who will be available to answer your questions and queries throughout the entire process. We understand just how momentous a property transaction can be and that’s why we take a personal approach to our work.
We are proud to hold a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which recognises our commitment to:
- Providing high quality legal advice
- Getting your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Providing top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keeping you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Being upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We also hold a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society which further demonstrates our commitment to high quality service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Hitchin?
Many of our clients have chosen to utilise our online conveyancing service due to the following:
- Our team has an in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Hitchin market. This means we can cater to both local and national clients, unlike many other conveyancers.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. From up to date malware protection to secure devices, we take the necessary steps to ensure your private information and legal documentation is safe and secure.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With our online conveyancing service, there are fewer steps to carry out, which reduces the chances of delays.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Similarly to the above, with fewer steps to take, the cost of conveyancing is reduced.
- We are able to work with clients in the local area, in other counties across the country, and even for clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Our responsibilities remain the same and we treat our online conveyancing clients just as we would our traditional conveyancing clients. We are fully insured to carry out our services using both methods.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Hitchin?
Our standard conveyancing fees are fixed for all clients, no matter where in the country their property transaction is taking place. However, there may be some cases where additional work is required and if that is the case for your own transaction, we will inform you of this, as well as the additional costs, from the outset.
The majority of property transactions involve additional costs called disbursements, which require you to pay for property registration with HM Land Registry and for the required searches, too. In some cases, you will be required to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax - if this applies to you, we will calculate how much you will owe and also help with the filing of the tax return to HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Hitchin?
The standard conveyancing process consists of:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Both parties involved will be required to instruct solicitors once an offer has been made and accepted. At this point, the conveyancing process can begin. While we work on the legal elements of your transaction from this early stage, note that you won’t be legally bound to the property until contracts are signed and exchanged.
Shortly after instruction, the buyer’s solicitors will make a start on a number of property checks, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
After these checks have been assessed by both parties, and once everyone is happy to move forward with the transaction, the signing and exchanging of contracts can take place. Both parties and their solicitors should have reviewed contracts by this stage.
Completion is the final stage of conveyancing, where the transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the ownership of the property moves from the seller to the buyer.
How long does conveyancing take in Hitchin?
The average conveyancing process takes between 12 and 14 weeks to complete, however, in some cases, the work can be fully completed in a longer or shorter space of time. The time it takes to complete a property transaction depends entirely on the circumstances of both parties involved and the chain they’re involved in.
Delays are common and more often than not, unavoidable. If this is the case with your own transaction, we will let you know as soon as possible and take the necessary steps to reduce these delays as much as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Hitchin?
The three routine conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, additional searches are required. Should this be the case with your own transaction then your case manager will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Hitchin?
A member of our Hitchin conveyancing team will be happy to answer your questions and queries in order for you to make an informed decision on whether or not to instruct our team. If you are happy to go ahead, we will make a start on setting up your file and liaising with the other party’s solicitors.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Hitchin
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta