Conveyancing Solicitors in Shenfield
If you are thinking about buying or selling a property in Shenfield, why not speak to our local conveyancing solicitors in Shenfield who can offer expert knowledge, guidance and support.
Sit back, relax and look forward to moving into your new home (or upgrading your existing home, if you’re selling). Our conveyancing lawyers in Shenfield will take the time to assess the property and the local area, look for any potential risks associated with the transaction, and liaise with other parties to ensure the arrangement completes with as few hiccups along the way as possible.
Bird & Co Solicitors strives to provide a range of modern, friendly and accessible conveyancing services, available to anyone who needs them and provided by a team who is happy to help. We are able to support you throughout the entire process, from managing the legal elements to offering sound advice when you have questions along the way.
Not only can you speak to us face to face at our offices, we also have an online conveyancing service available. So, if you live further afield, have a busy schedule or would simply feel more comfortable working with us remotely, we are equipped for all of these circumstances.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Shenfield can help you
Our friendly expert team of residential property solicitors in Shenfield can assist clients with various conveyancing requests, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Over the years, we have had the pleasure of working alongside various lenders, including national firms and local building societies. Because of this, we understand their individual processes when it comes to conveyancing, and we can utilise this knowledge to better support your transaction.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Shenfield?
We are flexible in our approach to conveyancing and there are multiple ways in which you can work and communicate with us. Whether you prefer to meet your conveyancer face to face or alternatively, via video conferencing, we are able to manage your property transaction in a way you’re most comfortable with.
Each of our conveyancers take the time to stay up to date with property market trends and the latest events that impact sales and purchases. Knowledge is key when it comes to conveyancing and we make sure to apply our up-to-date expertise to each case.
When someone decides to work with our conveyancing solicitors in Shenfield, we begin by assigning a member of our team as case manager. This team member is introduced to the client, who will then be provided with that team member’s direct contact details. This means that you are able to reach out to your case manager whenever you have a question or whenever you would like a progress update.
Not only are we rated excellent on Trustpilot (huge thanks to our past clients for this), we also hold both a Lexcel accreditation and a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation too. This demonstrates our commitment to:
- Providing high quality legal advice
- Getting your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Providing top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keeping you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Being upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Shenfield?
With so many conveyancers in the Shenfield area, it can be difficult to determine the best team to work with for your property transaction, especially when an online conveyancing service is added into the list of potentials. That’s why we’ve listed some of the many reasons why clients opt for our online conveyancing services over other local firms:
- Our residential property solicitors in Shenfield have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Shenfield market. We can utilise this broad range of knowledge to improve the service we provide to you.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. Your personal information and legal documentation is safe with us - we make every effort to keep our systems and our processes as safe and secure as they can be.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. With online conveyancing, there are fewer admin elements required to complete the transaction, which reduces the likelihood of delays occurring.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. When we’re able to cut out some of the stages required to complete your transaction, we can cut down on time and other resources, too. This is reflected in the reduced service fee you will pay.
- We regularly manage property transactions across the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We invest in premium video conferencing software to keep in touch with our clients, without having to worry about delays or gaps in communication.
- Our online conveyancing service is a fully fledged offering from Bird & Co - this means we are fully insured to work on your transaction this way, just as we are fully insured to carry out conveyancing through more traditional methods.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Shenfield?
Here at Bird & Co, we cater to any and all conveyancing matters with our flexible fees offering. This enables us to offer bespoke quotes for each individual conveyancing request, based on the complexity of each transaction and how much resource we estimate will be required.
When you reach out to a member of our team, we will gather all the necessary information we need from you before working on a quote to provide to you. You can then use this information to decide whether or not you wish to instruct us.
Along with this initial quote, we will also list the other costs that will be associated with your particular transaction. This could include disbursements, such as property registration with HM Land Registry, or the cost of conveyancing searches. It could also include tax, whether that’s Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax.
How does the conveyancing process work in Shenfield?
The typical conveyancing process consists of three key stages:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
The conveyancing process begins when an offer from a buyer is accepted by the seller of a property. At this stage in the process, the agreement is only verbal, not legally binding.
The two parties will instruct conveyancers of their choosing to act on their behalf throughout the process and to arrange the legal elements of the transaction. Together, the buyer and their solicitor will arrange and review a number of checks against the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once the checks have been carried out and the findings reviewed, the buyer makes a firm decision as to whether or not they wish to continue with the purchase. If so, the process moves into exchange of contracts, which is when the arrangement becomes official. If either party wishes to back out of the agreement after exchange of contracts, they could face a financial penalty for doing so.
The process comes to an end at completion, when the transaction between the two parties becomes official. At this point, conveyancers will organise a transfer deed to be submitted and the seller will hand over their keys to the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Shenfield?
There is no guarantee as to how long a property transaction takes to complete, though the most average of transactions typically take around 12 to 14 weeks from the point at which solicitors are instructed. Some transactions can be completed in a shorter time frame, others take longer due to complexities and delays.
When you speak to Bird & Co’s conveyancers in Shenfield, our experts will be able to estimate the length of time we expect your transaction to take, though this could change at any point in the process.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Shenfield?
When buying a property in Shenfield, your conveyancer will be required to carry out a number of searches against the property and the local area, to look for any problems that could affect the value of the property over time. These searches typically include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
In some cases, further checks may be required - as your conveyancers, we will let you know if this happens to be the case with your transaction.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Shenfield?
We can explain the process to you and answer any questions you have, to help you decide whether or not you wish to instruct us. If you choose to do so, you will then be appointed a case manager, your key point of contact, who will get things set up and running for you right away.