Conveyancing Solicitors in High Wycombe
If you are planning to buy, sell or remortgage a home in High Wycombe, you are going to need the advice and guidance of an expert team of conveyancing solicitors who will make sure that your transaction is a success.
Our highly experienced conveyancing solicitors in High Wycombe have a wealth of combined expertise which will they draw on to guide you through your transaction from start to finish. We understand that moving homes can be extremely stressful, with plenty of potential pitfalls that need to be avoided at all costs. So, our team always make sure to provide carefully tailored advice for all of our clients.
At Bird & Co, we provide a reliable and efficient conveyancing service which makes the entire process as straightforward as possible, no matter what your individual circumstances might be.
We also provide a quick and efficient online conveyancing service, which allows us to reach a wide pool of clients in and around High Wycombe and Buckinghamshire, including Plomer’s Hill, Totteridge and Hazlemere.
Get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in High Wycombe by giving us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors in High Wycombe can help you
Our expert conveyancing solicitors in High Wycombe can support you with a wide range of different matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel form many lenders, so we will be able to support your transaction, no matter who you are working with. It may be a national firm or a local building society or a local building society in High Wycombe.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in High Wycombe?
At Bird & Co, we specialise in online conveyancing, which means we are able to support your transaction remotely. No matter where you are in the country (or even outside the country), we will be on hand to make sure your transaction is a success.
Our conveyancing service is modern and efficient, which helps us to make the general process as simple as possible. You will always have a direct line of correspondence with the team and the solicitor who is handling your case.
If you have a question, you can be sure that you will receive a prompt response so that you never feel as though you are being left in the dark about the progress of your transaction.
We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme which means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Firms which are Lexcel accredited regularly demonstrate the highest levels of practice management and client care.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in High Wycombe?
There are various benefits to instructing our online conveyancers in High Wycombe:
- Our property lawyers in High Wycombe have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local High Wycombe market. Other firms may only have specific knowledge of their local area.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We always make sure to keep our clients protected when they use our online conveyancing service. We do this by carrying out various secure procedures such as encrypting emails and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. There are far fewer delays to worry about when work is completed remotely, which means you can reach completion far quicker.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Some of the costs that are associated with the traditional conveyancing process can be avoided when work is completed remotely.
- We have previously dealt with transactions around the country, even for clients on the other side of the world. We frequently use video conferencing to speak to clients, no matter where they are.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the general conveyancing process, and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in High Wycombe?
Our conveyancing solicitors in High Wycombe can provide a range of flexible fees for their services, including fixed fees for straightforward work. Additional fees may sometimes be required to complete the work, but if this is the case, your solicitor will make sure to inform you at the earliest possible opportunity.
The additional costs that are associated with the conveyancing process are called disbursements. Some notable examples of disbursements include registering a property at HM Land Registry or a conveyancing search.
Tax is something you will need to carefully consider. This is regardless of the type of transaction and how much it is worth. For instance, you may be required to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancing solicitor can help to clarify whether you owe anything on your transaction, calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in High Wycombe?
There are three stages to the standard conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a property, the buyer and seller agree to enter into a contract which outlines the details of the transaction. This is a significant step, but it does not make the transaction legally binding – that comes at a later stage when the contracts have been signed and exchanged.
Following this, it will be the buyer’s responsibility to carry out various searches on the property with the assistance of their conveyancer. These searches may include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer will also look to apply for a mortgage at this stage, if needed.
When these searches have been carried out and both parties are still willing to move forward, the contracts will be signed and exchanged. This is the point at which the transaction is considered legally binding.
Completion is when the transaction is considered to be official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller is required to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in High Wycombe?
There is no exact timeframe that can be applied to the general conveyancing process as every transaction is unique.
Should a straightforward transaction go ahead without any complications, then it will usually take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion (from the date conveyancers are instructed) but this is not taking into account the various delays which can often occur.
If delays are likely during the course of your transaction, such as an issue further along the property chain or a problem being raised during a property search, your conveyancer will talk you through all of the available options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in High Wycombe?
If you are buying a property in or around High Wycombe, your conveyancer will carry out various additional searches which will help to ensure that that there are no issues which need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your conveyancer might need to carry out some additional checks on the property in question, but this will depend on the type of property and where it is located.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in High Wycombe?
Our High Wycombe conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across High Wycombe, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.