Conveyancing Solicitors in Hounslow
No matter what sort of property transaction you are looking to carry out in Hounslow, it is vital that you have the right advice from an expert team of conveyancing solicitors.
Regardless of whether you are buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Hounslow, there are countless issues which need to be carefully addressed so that you can complete your transaction with confidence.
At Bird & Co, we provide a reliable conveyancing service to guide you through your transaction from start to finish. We make sure that the entire process is made as straightforward and easy to follow as possible, reducing the stress that often comes with moving homes.
We also provide our clients with a fast and efficient online conveyancing service, making the process even simpler. Offering an online conveyancing service also means we can reach a wide pool of clients across the London Borough of Hounslow, including in Chiswick, Brentford and Feltham.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Hounslow can help you
Our expert conveyancing solicitors in the London Borough of Hounslow have a wide range of expertise related to:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are also on the panel for many lenders, which means we are well placed to support your transaction, no matter whether you are working with a national firm or a local building society near Hounslow.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Hounslow?
At Bird & Co, we have specialist expertise in online conveyancing. This means that we can guide you through your case and answer any questions you might have remotely, without the need for you to visit us at our physical offices.
The conveyancing service we provide is modern and efficient and helps to make the general process as straightforward as possible. When you work with us, we will always make sure to keep you updated on the progress of your case so you can always stay in the loop.
We make sure that all of our clients always know exactly where to get a prompt answer to a question or concern they might have. That is why you will always have a direct line of correspondence with our team, as well as a direct email address for the solicitor who is handling your case.
We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This provides assurance that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also proud to be Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is only awarded to firms which are able to demonstrate the highest levels of practice management and customer service.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Hounslow?
There are various advantages to instructing one of our online conveyancers:
- Our property lawyers in Hounslow have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Hounslow market. This allows us to stand above other firms which exclusively deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We make sure that our clients are well protected when they use our online conveyancing service by using secure procedures such as encrypting emails and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. As we can carry out the entire conveyancing process remotely, there are far fewer delays to worry about.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Many of the costs that come hand in hand with traditional conveyancing work can be avoided when work is carried out remotely.
- We have previously dealt with transactions around the country, even for clients on the other side of the world. We often do this by contacting our clients through video conferencing.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the general conveyancing process and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Hounslow?
Our conveyancing solicitors in Hounslow can provide a range of flexible fees, including fixed fees for certain straightforward work. It is important to note that additional fees may sometimes be required to complete a transaction, but this will be clearly explained by your solicitor if applicable.
Additional costs associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Examples of disbursements could include registering a property at HM Land Registry or a conveyancing search.
Tax is something you will also need to keep in mind whenever you are carrying out a property transaction. For instance, if you are moving homes, you may be required to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancing solicitor can help to calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Hounslow?
There are three stages to the standard conveyancing process that you should be aware of:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a property, the buyer and seller will agree to enter into a contract. This contract will set out the details of the transaction. Until this contract has been signed and exchanged, there is nothing preventing either party from pulling out of the transaction.
The buyer will then work alongside their conveyancing solicitor to complete various checks on the property. These checks include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
This is also the point at which the buyer will usually apply for a mortgage, if needed.
When these checks have been carried out and both parties are still willing to proceed, the contracts will be signed and exchanged. This is a pivotal step, as from here on the transaction is considered to be legally binding. Breaking the contact and pulling out will usually result in a financial penalty.
Completion is when the transaction is considered to be official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller is required to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Hounslow?
No two property transactions are the same, which means that there is no exact timeframe. Straightforward transactions with very few complications or delays tend take around 12-14 week to reach completion, but this is a best-case scenario.
The potential for delays, for example due to an issue further along the property chain, is always something you will need to keep in mind. If it looks as though your transaction will be delayed, your conveyancing solicitor will run you through all of the options at your disposal.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Hounslow?
If you are buying property in the London Borough of Hounslow, your conveyancer will carry out various searches to make sure that there are no issues which need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your conveyancer may need to carry out some additional checks, but this will be dependent on the type of property in question and where it is located.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Hounslow?
Our Hounslow conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Hounslow, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.