Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
Where you are looking to complete any type of property transaction in Overton or the surrounding area, a conveyancing solicitor can deliver the advice and assistance needed to ensure the process runs smoothly without any hiccups along the way.
Whether you are a first-time buyer or are looking to sell your existing home, it can be an exciting period in your life. However, at Bird & Co, we recognise that it can also be a daunting prospect, as property transactions can come with many challenges.
Our solicitors in Overton are specialists, having helped many previous clients navigate through the process, helping to avoid mistakes and providing reassurance that everything has been done correctly.
Our team deliver a bespoke conveyancing service with practical advice and guidance and always work proactively to avoid unnecessary delays. Our service can be offered remotely or via the traditional in person route to suit your circumstances.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Overton can help you
Our team of conveyancing solicitors in Overton have the expertise to help with a number of property transaction matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
At Bird & Co, we work alongside a variety of lenders, from national firms to local building societies to ensure our clients are entirely supported.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Overton?
We provide a bespoke online conveyancing service, which many other local firms do not offer. Our services can be provided from anywhere in the world, remotely via telephone or videoconferencing software, or face-to-face in our offices if you prefer.
We take pride in our service, knowing it is completely up to date with the law and the everchanging trends in the world. At Bird & Co, we always aim to provide a timely and convenient service and ensure stress is kept to a minimum even where there are issues or delays.
Our solicitors will always maintain contact with you throughout the process, and we will provide you with an individual conveyancing solicitor who will be your primary contact. Where you might have any queries throughout, we will always be available to reach and assist.
Our services have been reflected through many types of accreditations, including the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which acknowledges us for:
- Providing high quality legal advice
- Getting your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Providing top quality customer service and responding to queries quickly
- Keeping you regularly updated and never leaving you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Being upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Furthermore, our excellent customer service and management of our overall practice has been awarded through the Law Society’s Lexcel accreditation.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Overton?
- Our Overton property transaction solicitors thoroughly understand and know the local Overton market, but unlike other local firms, they have in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- We recognise the safety issues that concern online transactions, and that’s why for our client’s protection, our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We ensure all emails are encrypted, and our systems are installed with effective and up to date security protection.
- Remote conveyancing doesn’t require the exact same steps as the traditional route, such as hand signing and delivering documents. This provides us with the ability to get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- The online conveyancing process does not require additional costs as the traditional route does. This means online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- As our services are offered remotely through the means of video conferencing and telephone calls, we can deal with clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Our firm is fully insured for our client’s protection, even where they choose the online conveyancing route.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Overton?
At Bird & Co, we offer a range of fees depending on the type of transaction. For cases that are straightforward, we tend to offer fixed fees which provides certainty over the costs from the start.
It is possible that additional fees could be required, particularly where there are issues with the property. If this applies to your situation, we will keep you fully in the loop as soon as we are aware.
Most additional costs involved with conveyancing include the registration of the property with HMLR or conveyancing searches. These are better known as disbursements.
Some clients will be subject to paying tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Should you need to pay this, your solicitor will assist with the calculation and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Overton?
During the conveyancing process, you can expect three main steps, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is submitted to the seller, the buyer and seller verbally agree to enter a property transaction contract. But at this stage, the verbal agreement is not legally binding as no contract has yet been signed. This means either party can retract from the transaction without facing any penalties.
The buyer and conveyancing solicitors will need to complete a number of searches and checks, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
Once all the checks are complete and the parties are happy to move forward with the transaction, the contracts will be exchanged, and once they are signed, it is a legally binding transaction that has penalties should either party pull out.
The next stage is completion, and this happens once the transaction is made official. The transfer deed will then be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the buyer can move into their new property.
How long does conveyancing take in Overton?
An exact time frame cannot be guaranteed as each property transaction is completely different to another. There could be various factors that can affect the time frame it takes for competition, for example, the chain, any property issues, etc. Where the transaction is under normal circumstances and does not have any problems, the usual time for completion is 12 to 14 weeks.
If your transaction is subject to a delay, we will inform you of this and your available options moving forward.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Overton?
When you buy a property, your conveyancing solicitor will do specific searches and checks on the property to ensure there are no immediate issues that need sorting.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Further checks could be required, but this decision is usually down to your mortgage advisor, who will decide this based on the property in question and its location. Where further searches are required, your conveyancing solicitor will inform you of this.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Overton?
If you have a property transaction you need assistance with, our solicitors can help. We will talk through each stage of the process, and once your case is open, we will discuss the legal details needed to progress forward.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Overton, our Bird & Co conveyancing solicitors can be the helping hand you need for a straightforward transaction.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Overton
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta