Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Liverpool, you will need the help of an expert conveyancing solicitor who can provide tailored advice and support.
At Bird & Co, our conveyancing team understand the importance of making sure you’re your property transaction goes ahead without any unnecessary complications. We have a broad range of expertise amongst our team, so we will be able to guide you through the entire conveyancing process from start to finish.
Our conveyancing service is convenient and reliable. No matter what sort of transaction you are looking to carry out, or what your individual circumstances are, our team will be able to offer you the tailored advice you need.
We also offer an efficient online conveyancing service, which allows us to reach a wide pool of clients across Liverpool and the surrounding Merseyside area, including Kirkby, Wirral, St Helens and Knowsley.
To get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Liverpool, give us a call and a member of our team will be in touch with you very shortly, or get an online conveyancing quote.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Liverpool can help you
Our team of conveyancing solicitors have expertise in a wide range of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most major lenders. This means that we will be able to support you whether you are using a national firm or local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Liverpool?
We are able to offer an online conveyancing service, meaning our team will be on hand to support you remotely, without the need for you to meet us at our physical offices.
We provide a modern, friendly conveyancing service that is designed to make the entire conveyancing process as straightforward as possible.
When you work with us, you will always be able to reach the right people, including the solicitor who will be directly handling your case. If you have got any questions, you can be sure that they will be answered promptly.
As a firm, we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This is only awarded to firms which demonstrate the highest standards of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Liverpool?
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Liverpool market. This gives us an edge over other firms, which may only be able to deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communications in mind. When you work with our online conveyancers, you can be sure that all of the sensitive legal documentation involved with be kept secure. We do this by carrying out procedures such as encrypting emails, securing our devices and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. The entire conveyancing process can be carried out remotely, reducing the number of delays that might usually occur during traditional conveyancing work.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. There are often additional costs related to traditional conveyancing work. These costs can be avoided when you work with our online conveyancers.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We can use video conferencing as a way of keeping in touch with clients, no matter where they are.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the overall conveyancing process and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Liverpool?
We provide a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work, including fixed fees for straightforward conveyancing work. This means that you will have a clear idea how much your conveyancing is going to cost from the outset, helping you to avoid any nasty surprises.
Additional costs that are associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Examples of disbursements could include conveyancing searches or registering transactions at HM Land Registry.
Your conveyancing transaction may be affected by tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax, in which case our team will be on hand to advise you. They can help you to calculate how much tax is owed and help you to file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Liverpool?
There are three main stages to the conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a home, the buyer and seller will agree to enter into a contract. As the contract has not yet been signed, the transaction is not legally binding and either party can pull out.
With the assistance of their conveyancer, the buyer will then carry out a number of checks on the property. These checks could include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer may also apply for a mortgage at this stage (if needed).
If the buyer is happy with the checks they have carried out, the next step will be to exchange contracts. This is the point at which the transaction becomes legally binding. Penalties will be handed out if either party elects to pull out.
Completion is where the transaction becomes official. At this stage, a transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will need to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Liverpool?
Conveyancing transactions can take any number of weeks to complete, dependent on various factors. Under normal circumstances, a straightforward transaction will take between 12-14 weeks to be completed, from the date an offer is accepted and conveyancing solicitors are instructed.
Conveyancing work can sometimes be unpredictable, and delays can happen. If your transaction is likely to be delayed, your conveyancing solicitor will talk you through your potential options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Liverpool?
If you are buying a home, your conveyancer will carry out a number of checks to make sure that there are no issues that need to be addressed. These are called conveyancing searches.
There are three main types of conveyancing searches that are carried out:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your conveyancing solicitor will inform you if further checks are required. This will usually depend on the type of property in question and where it is located.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Liverpool?
Our Liverpool conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Liverpool, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Liverpool
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta