Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
St Neots is a lovely Cambridgeshire town, where many individuals choose to relocate in order to escape city life while enjoying a fairly short commute to London Kings Cross.
Bird & Co Solicitors are available to assist anyone looking to buy, sell or remortgage a property in St Neots. If this happens to be you, feel free to get in touch and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have about our services and our processes.
We are dedicated to providing a simple and efficient service to each of our clients, helping you to navigate the ins and outs of the general conveyancing process and mitigating risks wherever possible.
Our online conveyancing process is a new and innovative approach to the traditional conveyancing process, which enables us to work with individuals across the country and even internationally.
How our conveyancing solicitors in St Neots can help you
Our friendly team of residential property solicitors in St Neots are able to assist clients with a wide range of conveyancing matters, including but not limited to:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We have experience working with many mortgage lenders which means we can support your transaction, no matter whether you have chosen to work with a local building society or a national firm.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in St Neots?
Our unique online conveyancing service allows us to work with you wherever you are in the country. So whether you’re local to St Neots looking to move to somewhere new in the area, or you’re living further afield and wish to purchase an investment property in the area, we’re happy to support you.
We aim to keep delays and risks to a minimum, and we keep the process as simple and straightforward for you as we possibly can.
When working with Bird & Co Solicitors, you can expect a personal service and you will have direct contact with a dedicated case manager. They will be on hand to keep you up to date with the progress of your transaction, as well as to answer any questions you have along the way.
We proudly hold a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, which means we can and will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Not only that, we also hold a Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society as well, and our past clients have rated us excellent on Trustpilot.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in St Neots?
It’s natural to ask this when doing your research and looking for the right conveyancer for you. Here’s a few reasons why previous clients have chosen to work with us:
- Our conveyancers in St Neots have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local St Neots market. This gives us greater insight and knowledge of the general property market.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We frequently invest time and money into ensuring our security processes are up to date. Rest assured your personal information and legal documents are safe with us.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. We can cut out a number of steps from the traditional conveyancing process when working with you remotely.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. A speedier service with fewer resources required means we can offer our online conveyancing services for less.
- We regularly manage property transactions around the country and internationally too. Video conferencing allows us to keep in touch with clients from far and wide.
- No matter how you choose to work with us, our legal obligations remain the same. We are fully insured to work with you via traditional conveyancing methods or the online conveyancing route.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in St Neots?
While we have a set of fixed service fees, there is some flexibility based on a number of components. We understand that each property transaction is different and while one may take quite some time to complete, others may be fairly straightforward and speedy. Clients who require additional resources to complete their transaction may be required to pay an additional fee - if that’s ever the case with your own transaction, we will let you know in advance.
In addition to our conveyancing fees, you will also be required to cover the cost of disbursements (such as conveyancing searches) as well as tax due on your transaction. As your residential property solicitors, we will inform you of any disbursement costs and tax due, and we can organise payments on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in St Neots?
Most residential property transactions consist of:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Together, a buyer and a seller will discuss an offer and at times, there may be some negotiation before a final offer is accepted. Once this happens, both parties are required to instruct solicitors to progress with the conveyancing process.
The buyer and their solicitors will organise a number of checks to be carried out on the property, looking for any potential issues or risks that may affect the value of the property or the decision to continue with the transaction. These checks can include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
If the buyer is happy to proceed, both parties will then sign and exchange contracts. This is the point at which the agreement becomes legally binding. If either party were to choose to pull out of the agreement from this point, they would be required to pay a financial penalty.
When all contracts have been signed and documents have been arranged, the transaction can complete. The seller vacates the property, hands over the keys to the new owner, and HM Land Registry is informed of the change in ownership.
How long does conveyancing take in St Neots?
We cannot guarantee your transaction will take a set amount of time - sometimes there are hurdles to overcome that may prolong the time between offer acceptance and completion. In some cases, the transaction may be more straightforward than we initially assumed and therefore, could be completed much more quickly than anticipated. Our years of experience lead us to believe that the average transaction takes around 12-14 weeks to complete, but this is, of course, an average and not a guarantee.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in St Neots?
The standard conveyancing process requires the buyer’s solicitor to organise a number of checks on the property and the local area, ahead of the exchange of contracts.
The three main conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Should additional checks be required, your case manager will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in St Neots?
Once instructed, your case manager will run through the initial steps of the process and ask you to provide as many details and documents as is required to make a start on the transaction. Feel free to ask any questions you have along the way – we will be more than happy to answer them.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in St Neots
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta