Conveyancing Solicitors in Ebbsfleet
Looking to buy or sell property in the Ebbsfleet area? Our Bird & Co solicitors can help you secure a smooth sailing transaction.
Whether you are buying, selling, remortgaging, or completing any other type of property transaction, there can often be impediments, but with sound legal advice, any potential problems can be easily avoided or swiftly resolved.
Our team are experts in the conveyancing field and will take the time to navigate you through the process to ensure a stress-free transaction. We offer a reliable conveyancing service that’s easily accessible for all in Ebbsfleet and further afield, including across the world, through our online conveyancing services.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Ebbsfleet can help you
Our team of residential property solicitors in Ebbsfleet have expertise in all manner of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for most major mortgage lenders. This means that we will be able to help you whether you are using a national firm or a local building society.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Ebbsfleet?
Our team are specialists in online conveyancing in addition to the traditional conveyancing route. Providing online conveyancing services means that our clients do not have to come into our offices. Instead, we are able to communicate through the means of video conferencing.
At Bird & Co, we provide a friendly and modern conveyancing service. With our solicitors always working proactively to avoid unnecessary delays and to ensure the process is as straightforward and stress free as possible for our clients.
When you work with our conveyancing team, you will be assigned an individual case manager who will be completely in charge of your case and will be your direct point of contact should you need any questions answered throughout.
We are proud to be acknowledged for our excellent client service and management of the practice through the Law Society’s Lexcel accreditation and in addition the Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation, meaning we will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Ebbsfleet?
- Whilst we have considerable experience dealing with property transactions in the Ebbsfleet area and its property market, our conveyancing lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- For the protection of our clients and their sensitive data, our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. This is done through the means of malware protection and encrypted emails.
- Traditional conveyancing requires documents to be hand signed and delivered, but online conveyancing can be completed remotely, meaning we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- Traditional conveyancing requires additional costs, which can be avoided through online conveyancing meaning online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective.
- We frequently use video conferencing software to assist clients nationally and even clients who are on the other side of the world.
- Whether you choose to meet us the traditional route or online, our legal obligations always remain the same. We are fully insured for your reassurance.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Ebbsfleet?
For our conveyancing services in Ebbsfleet, we tend to offer a variety of payment methods which will be entirely dependent on the service required and the level of expertise needed. For conveyancing cases that are more straightforward, such as transfer of ownership, we aim to offer fixed fees. For our clients, this provides certainty over costs from the outset. If additional fees are required throughout the process, we will ensure you are completely aware of this and happy to continue.
During the conveyancing process, there are fees known as disbursements, and these are for certain stages, such as the registration of a property with HM Land Registry and conveyancing searches.
Occasionally you might be required to pay tax on top of your transaction, and this could be Stamp Duty Land Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax. If this applies to your case, in particular, our conveyancers will assist with the calculations and file the return with HMRC on your behalf.
How does the conveyancing process work in Ebbsfleet?
There are three main steps in concern to the conveyancing process, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
An accepted offer means the parties involved entered a verbal agreement, which is not legally binding until a contract is exchanged and signed. This means either party can opt out should they wish to.
The buyer and their conveyancer will carry out various checks on the property. These should include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer may also apply for a mortgage at this stage.
Once the checks are complete and the parties are happy to proceed, the contracts can be exchanged and signed, making the transaction legally binding, and neither party can retract from the contract without a financial penalty.
Once the transaction is official, this is known as completion. The transfer deed can then be submitted with HM Land Registry, and the seller will vacate the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Ebbsfleet?
Due to our extensive conveyancing experience, we have determined the average transaction time from start to completion is between 12 to 14 weeks, although this is under normal circumstances. Any challenges can extend the time frame, meaning we cannot put a guarantee on when your transaction will be complete, yet we will attempt to make an estimate. Should this change, we will update you promptly.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Ebbsfleet?
If you are buying a home, your conveyancing solicitor will complete several checks to guarantee it’s safe and there are no urgent issues with the property. The checks include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Depending on the property in question and its location, further checks might be needed. If this applies, your conveyancer will let you know.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Ebbsfleet?
Our conveyancing solicitors will walk you through each stage of the process and advise you with a breakdown of the expected fees. Should you pursue the transaction with our firm, we will take care of all the legal details involved.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Ebbsfleet, our property transaction solicitors will lend their expertise.