Conveyancing Solicitors in Sawbridgeworth
If you’re thinking about purchasing a home or looking to sell your property in Sawbridgeworth or the surrounding area, our conveyancing solicitors are available to assist. Having years of combined experience behind them, you can be assured your transaction will be plain sailing.
At Bird & Co, we understand the sheer importance of sound legal advice, especially when it comes to buying a house, due to the many complexities that can come with it. Our solicitors are specialists in this area and know precisely what needs to be done, even where challenging situations occur.
Conveyancing can be a daunting prospect, particularly where you don’t understand the ins and outs of it. Our Sawbridgeworth conveyancing solicitors will provide you with clear, practical guidance explained in plain English with no legal jargon so that you completely understand each stage of the process.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Sawbridgeworth can help you
Our Sawbridgeworth conveyancing solicitors can assist with a variety of property transactions, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
Whether you choose a national firm or a local building society as your lender, we can support you.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Sawbridgeworth?
With our belief that legal advice should be accessible to all, we developed an online conveyancing service alongside our traditional conveyancing route so that we could reach more clients nationally and internationally, meaning for those who are uncomfortable having a face to face service we can do it remotely.
When we work with you, keeping communication is incredibly important to us so that you are completely informed throughout and are satisfied with the service we are providing you with. This is why we will assign a case manager who will handle your case and be the direct point of contact.
We are proud of the recognition we have received for our conveyancing services, reflecting our ability to provide high level assistance and advice for our customers. The Law Society has accredited us with the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, which means we will always:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
In addition, we have also been awarded the Law Society Lexcel accreditation for our excellent customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Sawbridgeworth?
- We have extensive knowledge of the local Sawbridgeworth area and property market like many other local firms. However, we also have in-depth knowledge of the national property market.
- We recognise the importance of protecting our client’s sensitive information. Therefore, our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind, such as up to date security software and always encrypting our emails.
- As the conveyancing service is carried out remotely, there are fewer procedures involved, which means we can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently.
- With fewer procedures, online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective as additional resources are not required.
- We not only deal with local and national clients but even with clients who are on the other side of the world using video conferencing software.
- Whether you choose to pursue the service remotely or in person, our legal obligations will always remain the same. Furthermore, we are fully insured for your reassurance and protection.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Sawbridgeworth?
Due to the range of property transaction services we offer to our clients, we have a variety of flexible fees. If your transaction is a straightforward process, we can offer fixed fees, which means from the go ahead we can advise you of the likely costs you can expect once the process is completed. This provides our clients with certainty over price, so they are comfortable with making the decision to move forward with us or not.
Occasionally additional fees are required, but we would never move forward with the transaction unless you are fully aware of the costs and happy to continue. These additional fees are better known in conveyancing as disbursements. The most usual disbursement fees are to do with registering the property at HM Land Registry or additional conveyancing searches should the property require them.
Depending on your circumstances, you may be required to pay tax on the transaction, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. When this is needed, your solicitor will assist with calculating how much is owed and then file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Sawbridgeworth?
There are three key stages in the conveyancing process, these are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
Once the offer has been accepted by the seller, both the buyer and seller make a verbal commitment. Keep in mind that at this stage, it is not legally binding, and you can withdraw from the transaction should you wish to do so.
The buyer and seller will each find a conveyancing solicitor. The buyer and their solicitor will carry out various searches and checks on the property, including:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At the same time, the buyer can start the mortgage proceedings.
Once all the searches and checks are complete, and the buyer and seller are happy to proceed with the transaction, the contract will be signed and exchanged, which makes it a legally binding transaction. If either party wish to retract, they will face penalisation.
Completion is when the transaction is made official. From this point, the transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry, and the seller is required to move out from the property because the buyer is now the official owner and can move in.
How long does conveyancing take in Sawbridgeworth?
From our extensive experience in the property industry, we have learnt for the average transaction, the time frame is between 12 and 14 weeks. Conveyancing can, however, often come with many complexities that affect how long completion will take, meaning in some situations, it will take longer than the standard time.
If there is expected to be a delay with your transaction, we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Sawbridgeworth?
Before the signing of contracts and exchanging, your solicitor will carry out a number of searches and checks on the property and surrounding area to ensure there are no immediate problems that need to be sorted.
The main checks will include:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway pollution or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Depending on the type of property, further checks and searches might be necessary. If this is the case, your case manager will advise you.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Sawbridgeworth?
Before we officially start the process, we will ensure you are well informed of the conveyancing stages and will answer any queries you may have. Once you are satisfied, we will begin and handle all the legal details.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Sawbridgeworth, our conveyancing solicitors will be the helping hands you need for a smooth transaction.