Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
When it comes to buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Reading, you will need expert conveyancing solicitor by your side to make sure that the entire process is as straightforward as possible.
Naturally, moving homes is an exciting venture, but there are a number of potential stumbling blocks which can sometimes derail the process. Our conveyancing team can make sure that you and your family are able to effectively navigate those stumbling blocks, carefully guiding you through your case from start to finish.
At Bird & Co, we provide a reliable conveyancing service that is specifically tailored to all of client’s specific requirements. Our team can take you through the entire conveyancing process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
We are also able to offer a fast and efficient online conveyancing service, which makes the process even more straightforward. It also means we can reach a wide pool of clients across Reading and the wider Berkshire area, including Southcote, Woodley and Norcot.
Get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Reading by giving us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Reading can help you
Our expert team of conveyancing solicitors in Reading have a wide range of expertise on conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are also on the panel for most lenders. This means that we can support your transaction no matter who you are working with, whether it is a national firm, or a local building society based in Reading.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Reading?
At Bird & Co, we specialise in online conveyancing. This means we can guide you through the entire conveyancing process remotely, without the need for you to visit us at our offices.
The conveyancing service we provide all of our clients is modern and efficient, designed to make each step as simple as possible. We will always be forthcoming with our advice and updates, keeping you in the loop at all times.
When you work with us, you will have the benefit of always being in direct correspondence with our team. When your work commences, you will be given a direct email address for the solicitor handling your case, meaning you will receive a prompt answer to any questions you might have.
As a firm, we are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is only awarded to firms the frequently demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Reading?
There are various benefits to instructing our online conveyancers, including:
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Reading market. Many other firms only deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We make sure that all of our clients are fully protected when they use our online conveyancing service. We carry out secure digital procedures like encrypting emails, securing our devices and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. The entire conveyancing process can be carried out remotely, which means there are far fewer delays to worry about.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. Traditional conveyancing work often incurs various additional costs. These costs can be avoided altogether when work is completed remotely.
- We have previously dealt with transactions around the country, even for clients on the other side of the world. We are able to stay in touch with our clients, no matter where they might be, using video conferencing.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the general conveyancing process and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Reading?
We are able to offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work in Reading, including fixed fees for straightforward work. There may be certain situations where additional fees are required to complete your transaction but if this is the case, your solicitor will let you know at the earliest opportunity.
Other costs associated with the conveyancing process are known as disbursements. Examples of disbursements may include registering a property with HM Land Registry or conveyancing searches.
You may also need to consider whether your transaction will be affected by tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancer can help to clarify whether this is the case, calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Reading?
There are usually three main stages to the conveyancing process that you need to be aware of. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a property, the buyer and seller will agree to enter into a contract. At this stage, nothing is legally binding, as the contracts have not been signed and exchanged.
The buyer will then work with their conveyancer to carry out various checks on the property. Examples of checks might include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer will also apply for a mortgage at this stage if needed.
Once the checks have been completed and both parties are still happy to proceed with the transaction, contracts will be signed and exchanged. From this point on, the transaction is considered to be legally binding and neither party can pull out without receiving a financial penalty.
Completion is where the transaction becomes official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller is required to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Reading?
The time it takes to complete a property transaction depends on a variety of factors. Typically, you can expect a straightforward transaction to take between 12-14 weeks to reach completion, but this timeframe can be extended if there are any unexpected delays further along the property chain.
If it looks as though your transaction will be delayed, your conveyancer will let you know as soon as possible and run you through the available options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Reading?
If you are buying a property in Reading, your conveyancer will carry out a number of different searches to make sure that everything is in order.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Your conveyancer may have to carry out additional checks, depending on the type of property and where it is located. If this is the case, your solicitor will keep you informed.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Reading?
Our Reading conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Reading, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Reading
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta