Our expert conveyancing solicitors will get you moving with the minimum of hassle.
If you are buying, selling or remortgaging your home in or around Nottingham, our team of expert conveyancing solicitors are on hand to give you the advice and support you need to make everything go ahead as smoothly as possible.
Moving home is an exciting time, but it can be fraught with complications without the correct approach. Consulting a conveyancing solicitor you trust can make a huge difference and allow you to focus on other important matters.
At Bird & Co, we are able to offer convenient and friendly conveyancing services to individuals and families across Nottingham. Regardless of your personal circumstances, our team will be able to offer you the tailored support you need.
We provide a fast, reliable and efficient online conveyancing service with a personal touch. We advise clients from across Nottingham and the surrounding East Midlands area, including Nottingham City Centre, West Bridgford, Hucknall and Mansfield.
To get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Nottingham, give us a call and a member of our team will be in touch with you very shortly, or get an online conveyancing quote.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Nottingham can help you
We have a team of fully qualified, specialist conveyancing solicitors, who have a wealth of combined experience in helping people from all walks of life with their conveyancing transactions. Our expertise includes:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are also on the panel for most lenders, major and small. So, whether you want to use your local building society, or a national firm, we will give you the support you need.
Why Choose Bird & Co’s Conveyancing Solicitors in Nottingham?
Unlike other firms, we have specialist expertise in online conveyancing, which means we can conduct your entire property transaction online. There will be no need to visit us at our offices – unless you want to.
Our service is modern, friendly and efficient. Every member of our team is an expert in their field, which means we can give you tailored advice that precisely matches your needs.
You can be sure that you will always have a direct line of correspondence with your legal team, as well as a direct email address for the lawyer who will be dealing with your conveyancing matter. That means you’ll always be able to reach the right people, no matter what your query is – whether it be about property searches in Nottingham, or something more specific.
We are proud to be a Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited firm. This means that you can trust us to:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as quickly and smoothly as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly and efficiently
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
In addition to this, we are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. This demonstrates that we are dedicated to providing high levels of customer service and ensuring your needs are always taken care of. Lexcel is awarded to firms that promote the best standards of client care and legal practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Nottingham?
There are several benefits to instructing a firm that has expertise in online conveyancing:
- Our property lawyers are nationally recognised for their expertise. We have experience in the local market in Nottingham, as well as an in-depth knowledge of the national property market. This gives us an edge over other firms that only deal with local property markets.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communications in mind. You can be safe in the knowledge that all of the sensitive legal documentation involved in a property transaction can be sent and received securely. This involves encrypting emails, securely configuring our devices and systems and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. You won’t have to wait for your documents to be hand delivered or posted – everything can be completed from the comfort of your home.
- Online conveyancing tends to be more cost-effective. There are a number of extra costs that mount up when visiting a conveyancer in person. Our digital services save you money without compromising the level of support you receive.
- We have previously dealt with conveyancing matters around the country, as well as for clients who are abroad. We frequently use video conferencing to speak with clients outside the UK.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. The conveyancing process is exactly the same and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Nottingham?
We offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing services in Nottingham. We are able to offer fixed fees for straightforward cases, meaning you will know exactly how much your conveyancing transaction is going to cost from the outset. If any additional fees are likely to arise, we will consult you first to explain what work needs to be done and to get your authorisation.
In addition to our legal fees, there are other costs – referred to as disbursements. These costs can range from conveyancing searches or registering transactions at HM Land Registry. These costs will be broken down in your initial quote, so you won’t need to worry about any last-minute surprises.
In some cases, buying or selling a home will incur tax, such as Stamp Duty Land Tax. If that is the case for your transaction, we can work alongside you to help you calculate how much Stamp Duty is due and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Nottingham?
Whenever you buy or sell a home, there are three main stage to be aware of:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When an offer is accepted on a home, it means that both the buyer and seller have decided to enter into a legal contract. However, it is important to note that the transaction is not legally binding at this point and it is possible for both parties to pull out for any reason.
If the buyer’s offer is accepted, then they should seek out all the information they need about the property. This could include but is not limited to:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
At this stage, the buyer will also need to apply for a mortgage (if required).
If the buyer is happy with the checks they have carried out, they are able to exchange contracts with the seller and pay the deposit. The transaction will become legally binding as soon as the contracts have been exchanged and it will not be possible for either party to pull out without incurring penalties (unless they are able to provide a very good explanation).
Completion is when the sale and purchase is declared to be official. This could occur on the same day that the contracts have been exchanged or further down the line – whatever is convenient for both parties. A transfer deed will be submitted to HM Land Registry to register the buyer’s ownership and the buyer’s solicitor will deal with any Stamp Duty. The seller is required to vacate the property on the completion date.
How long does conveyancing take in Nottingham?
If there are no complications, the conveyancing process tends to take around 12-14 weeks. This is from the date the offer is accepted and conveyancing solicitors are instructed.
Of course, not every transaction is straightforward and delays with other transactions further up the property chain can have knock on effects.
Your conveyancing solicitor will work closely with you to provide tailored advice about how long your transaction is likely to take and what actions you can take.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Nottingham?
Conveyancing checks are carried out by your conveyancer to check if there any problems with the property that need to be addressed. There are three main types of searches:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway, or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check for matters such as water and drainage access
Depending on where your property is located, you may need to carry out further searches. Your conveyancing solicitor will let you know if this is necessary.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Nottingham?
Our conveyancing experts will guide you through the initial stages of your transaction and, once your conveyancing file is opened, your Nottingham conveyancer and their team will deal with all of the legal details related to your transaction. You’ll be provided with direct contact details so you can stay updated with the progress of your transaction.
Whether you’re moving to, from or across Nottingham, our conveyancing team will be available to support you every step of the way.
Get in touch with our conveyancing solicitors in Nottingham
Used Bird & Co Conveyancing to be my legal team for the purchase of my new home. Victoria W and her team were fantastic throughout, always kept me in the know which was reassuring.Nathan P
Bird & Co have always been extremely efficient and unlike other conveyancing firms are very proactive. Seb & Donna always respond same day and they represent excellent value for money - they come highly recommended.Jake Margiotta