Conveyancing Solicitors in Farnborough
If you are buying, selling or remortgaging a home in Farnborough, our expert conveyancing solicitors can work with you to ensure that your transaction goes ahead as smoothly as possible.
The prospect of completing a residential property transaction is exciting, but it also comes with plenty of potential risks and pitfalls which need to be carefully navigated. Our conveyancing team can help you complete your transaction with minimum fuss, guiding you through the entire process from start to finish.
At Bird & Co, we are able to offer a reliable, straightforward conveyancing service, which is accessible to people from all walks of life.
We offer a fast and efficient online conveyancing service, which means that we are able to reach a wide pool of clients across Farnborough and the wider Hampshire area, including North Camp, West Heath and Southwood.
To get in touch with a member of our conveyancing team in Farnborough, give us a call, or get a quote online.
How our conveyancing solicitors in Farnborough can help you
Our expert conveyancing team in Farnborough have expertise in a wide range of conveyancing matters, including:
- Buying and selling your home
- Advice for first time buyers, such as:
- Equity release
- Advice about buying as joint tenants or tenants in common
- Buying and selling listed property
- Buying and selling leasehold property
- Collective enfranchisement and buying the freehold of a house
- Lease extension
- Transfer of equity
- Gifting property and Deeds of Gift
- Buy to let conveyancing
- Buying and selling land
- Commercial conveyancing
- Stamp Duty advice
We are on the panel for many lenders, so we are well placed to support you, regardless of whether you are working with a well-known national firm or a local building society in Farnborough.
Why choose Bird & Co’s conveyancing solicitors in Farnborough?
We specialise in online conveyancing. This means that we are able to guide you through the conveyancing process remotely, without the need for you to visit us at our physical offices.
The conveyancing service we provide is modern and friendly, as well as being designed to make the process as straightforward as possible.
When you work with us, you will have the benefit of having direct correspondence with our team. This includes having a direct email address for the solicitor who is handling your case, which means you will always a quick answer to any questions you might have about your transaction.
We are accredited by the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme. This means that we will:
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Get your conveyancing transaction completed as efficiently as possible
- Provide top quality customer service and respond to queries quickly
- Keep you regularly updated and never leave you in the dark about the status of your transaction
- Be upfront and honest about your fees – we will provide you with an accurate quote before you instruct us so that you can decide whether we are right for you
We are also Lexcel accredited by the Law Society. Lexcel is only awarded to firms which demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and practice management.
Why instruct our online conveyancers instead of a conveyancer in Farnborough?
There are a number of benefits to instructing our online conveyancers:
- Our property lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the national property market, as well as the local Farnborough market. Many other firms only deal with local transactions.
- Our online systems have been developed with sensitive communication in mind. We make sure that all of our clients are protected with they work with our online conveyancers, carrying our procedures such as encrypting emails, securing devices and putting malware protection in place.
- We can get your conveyancing done quickly and efficiently. As the conveyancing process can be carried out remotely, there are far fewer potential delays to worry about.
- Online conveyancing work tends to be more cost-effective. There are a number of additional costs that come with the traditional conveyancing process which can be avoided when work is carried out remotely.
- We have dealt with property transactions around the country, even for clients who are on the other side of the world. We use video conferencing to stay in touch with our clients, no matter where they might be.
- Our legal obligations to you remain the same as if we were meeting in person. There are no differences to the overall conveyancing process, and we are fully insured just in case.
Our conveyancing fees – how much does our conveyancing cost in Farnborough?
We are able to offer a range of flexible fees for our conveyancing work in Farnborough, which includes fixed fees for straightforward work. Should additional fees be required to complete your transaction, your solicitor will let you know well in advance and provide advice about your potential options.
Other costs that are associated with the conveyancing process are called disbursements. Examples of disbursements might include registering the property with HM Land Registry or conveyancing searches.
There is a distinct possibility that your transaction will also be affected by tax. For example, you may need to pay Stamp Duty Land Tax or Capital Gains Tax. Your conveyancer help you calculate how much is owed and file the return with HMRC.
How does the conveyancing process work in Farnborough?
There are three main stages to the conveyancing process. These are:
- Offer and acceptance
- Exchange of contracts
When the buyer and seller accept an offer on a property, they will agree to enter into a contract with the buyer. As they have only agreed to enter into a contract and have not actually signed or exchanged the relevant documents, the transaction is not considered to be legally binding. While pulling out at this stage may be frowned upon, it won’t result in a penalty.
The buyer will then have the chance to carry out various checks on the property to ensure that there are no issues that need to be sorted. These searches are done with the assistance of their conveyancer. Checks might include:
- Reviewing property information provided by the seller and making further enquiries if necessary (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Conducting conveyancing property searches, such as local authority checks (done by the conveyancing solicitor)
- Carrying out an independent survey (done by the buyer)
The buyer may also apply for a mortgage at this stage (if necessary).
Once the searches are complete and both parties are still happy to proceed, contracts will be signed and exchanged. From here on out, the transaction is considered legally binding.
Completion is where the transaction becomes official. A transfer deed is submitted to HM Land Registry and the seller will need to leave the property.
How long does conveyancing take in Farnborough?
Every conveyancing transaction is unique and the time it takes to reach completion will ultimately depend on a number of different factors. That being said, under normal circumstances, straightforward conveyancing work tends to take around 12-14 weeks to reach completion.
If there are delays to the process, such as complications further along the property chain, then your solicitor will be sure to carefully talk you through all of your options.
What searches are involved in conveyancing in Farnborough?
If you are buying a property, then your conveyancer will want to carry out various searches to ensure that there are no issues that need to be addressed.
The three main types of conveyancing searches are:
- Local authority checks – to check the surrounding area for planning, pollution, highway or other related issues
- Environmental searches – to check for issues such as flooding or land contamination
- Water and drainage searches – to check matters such as water and drainage access
Further checks might be needed depending on the type of property in question and where it is situated. If this is the case, your solicitor will keep you informed.
How do you instruct our conveyancing solicitors in Farnborough?
Our Farnborough conveyancing team will be able to run through the initial stages of your conveyancing transaction and, once your file is opened, your conveyancer will take care of all of the legal details related to your transaction.
Whether you are moving to, from, or across Farnborough, our conveyancing solicitors will be able to lend their expertise.